You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14620 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78728 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #115 of 193 Hotels in Austin
Draper, Virginia
“nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Comfortable, clean, convenient to sightseeing spots in Austin, just get on IH-35 and go south a couple exits. Nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank emptynester40

Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Originally, we were bidding on Priceline for a Round Rock 3* but eventually got this hotel (actually in Pflugerville) for $54 a night on Hotwire. Close enough! It is a refurb Quality Inn and on the highway so I was immediately a little concerned. Turned out to be fine. The rooms are nicely done with a separate living/mini-kitchen area and a typcial HIE bathroom (good shower/tub) with sink out in the bedroom area. Bed was quite comfortable, plenty of pillows, blanket, not comforter. The location is a typical busy I-35/feeder road intersection- there's a chicken/BBQ place doing lots of business next door but we didn't get a chance to try it. The morning breakfast was actually quite good as those things go- pre-cooked cheese omlettes, sausage, grave, biscuits, cereal, bread goods, etc. Check in/check out was smooth and friendly. DH loved the larger screen TV's in both living and bedroom areas.

My only real complaints were how loud the cleaning/maintenance staff was out in the hallways before 9AM (I wasn't asleep but if I had been trying to sleep, it would have been difficult) and the old AC unit that cycles off and on all night- very noisy!

Overall, I wouldn't pick this area or hotel just because there are better locations/newer hotels but I wouldn't have a problem staying there again if I needed to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Palestine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip. Unlike prior reviews, there was plenty of soap, shampoo, etc. The room had a separate bedroom with a nice living area. There was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, blow dryer, ironing board, etc. The beds were comfortable and the room smelled fresh. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The only negative was when we first arrived, the air conditioning was not cooling good. We called the front desk and they immediately offered us another room. We were tired and declined but they had someone fix the air shortly after 8 am the next morning. It was perfect the rest of our three night trip. Also, they have great snacks from local restaurant on Wednesday evenings.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Really? No soap in the hotel, and with this heat??? Just because a shipment of soap doesn't make it in doesn't make it okay for a hotel to not provide soap for the guests. Is there not an employee who can run to WalMart or borrow some from another hotel? Really - this is the least I expect from a hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bexredpen
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I only get nonsmoking room but as soon as i walked in this musty old moldy smell overtook me... It was not cigarette smoke.........even my febreze could not take care of it.......the beds were very hard.....my back ached.... if want to be close to interstate this is fine....gas station next door so convenient....hotel quite noisy as unfortunately weekend with many sports teams staying there . Could not even use the pool as packed with noisy kids. i will not use again..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetotravel1236
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed here this past Thursday and Friday night with a girlfriend. The hotel is north of downtown, but it's a straight shot on I-35, which has traffic mostly all the time, but it moves steadily, even during morning rush hour. Check-in was quick and easy. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. We were given a king suite even though my friend's son booked a double room. Both the bedroom and the living area were nice size rooms. One plus about the bathroom was that the tub and toilet was separate from the sink and vanity. I like that setup because it allows more than one guest to get ready at the same time. The shower head was nice, and hot water was plentiful - no issues there. My friend slept in the bed and I slept on the sofa bed, which was comfortable. Plenty of extra pillows were available in the closet, plus a blanket that I used on the sofa sleeper. The choice between "firm" and "soft" pillows was also a plus! There was a sink, frig, and microwave in the living area, and also a desk and chair. We ate breakfast both Friday and Saturday mornings. The breakfast area is very nice and very clean. There is plenty of seating available, even on that Friday morning when it was kinda crowded, you could still manage to find a seat. There was an excellent selection of items. There were these cute little "taco" eggs - it was an scrambled egg that was cooked in a round circle then folded in a half moon with cheese in the center. The cinnamon rolls were the best ever! My favorite of all - served warm! There was also a pancake machine where you just press a button and the pancake comes out of one side of the machine (kinda like an Easy Bake oven) and falls right onto your plate. I didn't have one of those, so I can't comment on the taste, but the machine was really kinda neat. And there was bacon, sausage, biscuits, english muffins, bagels, danish, cereal, yogurt, fruit, milk, juices, and coffee. Enjoyed my stay here, but next time, I may try to stay closer to downtown Austin.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank bayou babe
Panhandle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Stayed two nights to attend a funeral. Great rate for a great room. The check-in was quick. The room was clean and perfectly stocked ( towels, coffee, blankets, toiletries). We booked a king suite and the room was distinctly two different rooms with a microwave, two TVs, and small fridge. The bed was very comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast but we did help ourselves to coffee in the morning and evenings. We were on the second floor and there were times when we could hear people upstairs, but it wasn't so loud that it kept us from getting a good night's sleep. At checkout, the clerk added my priority club account to the bill and gave me extra points because of a small issue we had with the thermostat. I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank farmwife68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Comfort Suites North
#1 of 1 in Pflugerville
4.5 of 5 stars 117 reviews
Sleep Inn & Suites
#30 of 193 in Austin
4.5 of 5 stars 134 reviews
St. Johns
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin-University

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Austin North (Pflugerville)? Share your experiences!