“No soap in the hotel?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14620 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78728 (Formerly Quality Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #109 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Fort Collins, Colorado
“No soap in the hotel?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Really? No soap in the hotel, and with this heat??? Just because a shipment of soap doesn't make it in doesn't make it okay for a hotel to not provide soap for the guests. Is there not an employee who can run to WalMart or borrow some from another hotel? Really - this is the least I expect from a hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I only get nonsmoking room but as soon as i walked in this musty old moldy smell overtook me... It was not cigarette smoke.........even my febreze could not take care of it.......the beds were very hard.....my back ached.... if want to be close to interstate this is fine....gas station next door so convenient....hotel quite noisy as unfortunately weekend with many sports teams staying there . Could not even use the pool as packed with noisy kids. i will not use again..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed here this past Thursday and Friday night with a girlfriend. The hotel is north of downtown, but it's a straight shot on I-35, which has traffic mostly all the time, but it moves steadily, even during morning rush hour. Check-in was quick and easy. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. We were given a king suite even though my friend's son booked a double room. Both the bedroom and the living area were nice size rooms. One plus about the bathroom was that the tub and toilet was separate from the sink and vanity. I like that setup because it allows more than one guest to get ready at the same time. The shower head was nice, and hot water was plentiful - no issues there. My friend slept in the bed and I slept on the sofa bed, which was comfortable. Plenty of extra pillows were available in the closet, plus a blanket that I used on the sofa sleeper. The choice between "firm" and "soft" pillows was also a plus! There was a sink, frig, and microwave in the living area, and also a desk and chair. We ate breakfast both Friday and Saturday mornings. The breakfast area is very nice and very clean. There is plenty of seating available, even on that Friday morning when it was kinda crowded, you could still manage to find a seat. There was an excellent selection of items. There were these cute little "taco" eggs - it was an scrambled egg that was cooked in a round circle then folded in a half moon with cheese in the center. The cinnamon rolls were the best ever! My favorite of all - served warm! There was also a pancake machine where you just press a button and the pancake comes out of one side of the machine (kinda like an Easy Bake oven) and falls right onto your plate. I didn't have one of those, so I can't comment on the taste, but the machine was really kinda neat. And there was bacon, sausage, biscuits, english muffins, bagels, danish, cereal, yogurt, fruit, milk, juices, and coffee. Enjoyed my stay here, but next time, I may try to stay closer to downtown Austin.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Panhandle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Stayed two nights to attend a funeral. Great rate for a great room. The check-in was quick. The room was clean and perfectly stocked ( towels, coffee, blankets, toiletries). We booked a king suite and the room was distinctly two different rooms with a microwave, two TVs, and small fridge. The bed was very comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast but we did help ourselves to coffee in the morning and evenings. We were on the second floor and there were times when we could hear people upstairs, but it wasn't so loud that it kept us from getting a good night's sleep. At checkout, the clerk added my priority club account to the bill and gave me extra points because of a small issue we had with the thermostat. I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Went through priceline and got this hotel for 5 days at 35$ a night. It was a steal. The service was great, housekeeping divine. The only couple of things we noticed, was there seems to be a lot of loud car stereos in the parking lot, the deep thumping kind. We were a little worried that the noise from the highway would be a factor, but it couldn't be heard at all in the room, and we had a room closest to the road. The room was in good condition with just needing a few minor repairs needed. We would definately stay there again. The hotel offered all the amenities advertised, and the internet worked great. Though the bed..... Ick. Was uncomfortable for me and my boyfriend. Woke up many times throughout the night with sore shoulders, and backs. We can't pinpoint what it was (too soft/hard?) but it served the purpose of allowing us some rest. The hotel is located in far north Austin (Actually on the pflugerville/round rock border practically) which was a small inconvenience since our friends we were visiting were in South Austin.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Nice large room (1 bedroom suite). Just outside of Austin. If you are looking to for something close to downtown, this is not the place for you. Didn't try the breakfast. No real complaints. I don't think the bed was a true King but it was OK. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

After searching thru several pages of reviews for Austin hotels, we chose this Holiday Inn Express because the rooms seemed nice, the price was OK and they offered smoking rooms. Upon arrival they said "we put you on the first floor so it would be more convenient for you to go outside and smoke". I told them their own website gave me the choice of a smoking or non-smoking room. All they said was "Sorry". So what we have here is a hotel with totally false room descriptions and one who discriminates against certain people. We will check out tomorrow and go down the road to the Super 8 where we have stayed before and where they welcome everyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville)

Address: 14620 North IH-35, Austin, TX 78728 (Formerly Quality Suites)
Location: United States > Texas > Austin
Ranked #109 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville) 2.5*
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North, adjacent to Pflugerville, is located directly off I-35 North at exit 247.The hotel is just 15 minutes from Downtown Austin Home of the University of Texas Longhorns, State Capitol and the infamous 6th street. In addition, the hotel is surrounded by major corporations like Dell, Alk Abello, Tx. Commission on Environmental Quality, Samsung, Sears, and Hart Intercivic, just to name a few. With Austin Bergstrom International Airport located only 25 minutes away, this hotel is a perfect fit for both corporate and leisure travelers. Our hotel offers over-sized suites with a separate bedroom and living area in each guest room, with a flat screen TV in each area. We provide all the standard amenities PLUS complimentary High speed internet, a work desk area, and microwave and mini-refrigerators. For those who are always on the go we offer a fitness center and a refreshing outdoor pool. We invite you to join us in our beautifully decorated lobby area each morning to enjoy our complimentary Express Start breakfast or to sample our fresh baked cookies every afternoon. Be sure to be here mid-week each week too, for our complimentary Manager's reception.If you are in need of meeting space, you'll find ours is designed to cater to both social and corporate meetings. Visit Austin, TX and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Austin
Austin Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Austin North (Pflugerville), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.