“No, No, No, No, No 1 million times No!” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   6300 US Hwy 290 East, Austin, TX 78723   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Houston
“No, No, No, No, No 1 million times No!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After reading the previous reviews from people that have stayed here from TripAdvisor, I was already against staying here, but considering the fact that it was the only place in Austin to stay under $100 a night, I gave it a try. It also helped that I split the cost of the two nights with three other people.

On to the review, the only positive about staying here has NOTHING to do with the hotel itself, which is that it's a 10 minute drive from Downtown Austin.

The negative, well, there's a lot. I noticed after checking in that the bathtub was BLACK & DIRTY from being uncleaned so I REFUSED to shower there during my stay, third floor hallways smelled like a VERY STRONG ODOR of smoke, the toilet didn't work in my room in which we called maintenance, who fixed it right away. Needless to say, there was "Austin City Limits" going on in town, which was the reason why hotel rates in general were high and this DIRTY DUMP was cheap. Also, the breakfast was gross.

Will not be staying here again, even if offered a free room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, $20 is TOO MUCH.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Overall great. Far enough away from the city that you dont have the drunks coming in at 3:00am like you do at the Towne Lake location. Onsite laundry and workout rooms are a plus. I would recommend using the online reservation system. Not third party have heard too many issues with those.

• Stayed August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After 2 Moving The Chi spent the day traveling across west Texas, we arrived in Austin with the intention of staying 7 days. We initially looked at the Candlewood Suites in Round Rock, just north of Austin. The staff was friendly and out going, nice rooms at a fair price, all equating to a very good choice, but it would mean a daily drive to and from Austin on I-35 (a choice to avoid if you can due to the traffic on I-35).

Looking at properties near the intersection of I-35 and U.S. 290, we found the Extended Stay America. Arriving about 8:30 pm, the clerk on duty was friendly and showed us a room. Although not impressed, it was getting late, we were tired, so we gave in. The positive: the rooms are large with a full kitchen, hot shower, somewhat quiet, good location and OK wifi. The negative: rooms show a great deal of wear, smell a bit funny, and the housekeeping and general maintenance upkeep is not very good. To top it off, the mattress on our king bed kind of “crunched” like plastic when we climbed into bed.

This property reminded me of the phrase, “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” I am just glad we did not pay more than $59 for this room. We departed the next morning and moved to a Super 8 not far away.

2MovingTheChi.com has been traveling the U.S. since April and will be traveling overseas in the near future.

Room Tip: We were advised by a guest to avoid the first floor. The third floor is a smoking floor. If you st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was hesitant, I usually like a 3 star hotel but the rate was right. Pleasantly surprised at the overall cleanliness and nice decor, love the carpet. The staff was courteous, helpful. All were ready to assist in all requests and questions.

They have a small pool in the back, we wanted to swim right away and the staff said we could, the pool stays open quite a while and they just ask we keep noise to a minimum for guests sleeping on that side of the hotel near the pool.

We brought a blender from home, the blender did not disturb anyone so we got to enjoy mango margaritas by the pool - in plastic cups of course. We enjoyed them by the pool in the moonlight on a warm Summer night. I got to catch up with my son, quietly. We got to make a lasagna together, as we have at home. We rented a dvd from red box since the room has a dvd player. It was a gem of a find for us. Especially since I am a student and on a budget, and my son is just starting out so he can't afford to show me the sights of Austin yet.

This was the perfect place for us and I will be back!

Room Tip: rooms on the east side are sunnier and there were kids being noisy by pool one afternoon. we just d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hi Leslie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the location, staff and visit with us. It was great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and that we provided you with the "home away from home" feel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I purchased the room as a two star but it is really a half star. The room smelled of animal droppings. The lighting was minimal so as not to attract attention to the stains on the carpet or the portrait drawn into the foam headboard with some dull instrument. I would have registered my complaint with the desk staff but my experience with check in led me to believe it would have been futile. I left after two hours because the stench gave me such a headache.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotwire and stay for more than one night
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi there,

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The problems you described are unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure they use better attention to detail when making rooms ready to sell to avoid similar experiences with other guests. I have also spoken to the front desk to make sure they are available, welcoming and responsive. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me mtr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Mesquite, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Easy check in and check out. Very much a "home" feel. Great price for having a kitchen and separate living area. Only issue was dirty pool but it had been raining earlier in the day. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the pool was dirty during your stay. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an overall great experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Mexia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel can not be found by GPS, but once you locate it, it is easy to return to...The hotel and rooms are a bit dated, yet comfortable for the price you pay. It is in the middle of all the major highways so if you are there for the attractions, this is a good place to sta.

If you are use to staying in upscale hotels, this MAY not be the place for you. The surrounding neighborhood may be considered "rundown" to some...BUT IT IS VERY SAFE. I had no problem leaving my H2 Hummer parked and even left it unlocked several nights...only to walk out of the hotel the next day and found it was still sitting there....untouched :)

There are non-smoking rooms; however, the 3rd floor is split with non-smoking rooms on one side of the elevator and smoking rooms on the other side of the elvator...so the hallway does smell like smoke. The room was comfortable, pleantly of pillows and VERY HOT WATER in the shower...The hotel has an average fitness center - no free weights or weights of anykind; and the laundry facility was tolerable. The dryer does get very hot....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!