“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty lodging in Austin
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came to town to visit family and wanted to be able to have our own space. ESA Austin Metro made the possible for us. Traveling with a three yr old is not always easy. It was nice to be on the first floor so that was my three yr old could run around and not be bothering other guests. Tracie made sure everything we needed was taken care of. We didn't have time to use the pool but it was clean, the grounds around the hotel were clean and free of trash. All the staff greeted us when ever we crossed paths. We will be staying here again when we come to Austin. Thanks ESA Austin Metro !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be so clean and comfortable. Also, I am pleased to hear that Tracie was very helpful during your stay.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

ive stayed in many motels in this area of Austin on business trips and the experience is always the same. not very good. the area is very convenient since its around all the major highways running thru Austin, BUT the area is VERY rundown.

The area is pretty bad. Surrounded by lower income housing and vacant businesses, there are alot of bum's and panhandlers walking the streets all day and night. All the property in the area, (motels, stores, businesses, etc) are all old and have not been renovated so things look pretty beat up. While the motel itself isnt bad, I wouldnt bring my family here for a long stay or anything mostly due to safety concerns. 90% of the motels ive visited in this area, lock the front office after 10pm to keep un-wanted people from coming inside and loitering around the lobby and building, trying to use facilities like the laundry room, pool, gym, and business centers.

The hotel room itself was in decent condition but definitely has some wear and tear on the carpeting, kitchen counters, in the bathroom, and on the furniture. The double bed room was pretty big with a full kitchen (full fridge, mini stove, full size microwave, kitchen sink, small bar, they even provide glasswear, silverwear, and a pots & pans set to use), 2 beds, big closet, small sitting area with loveseat and table, small desk area, and 32" flatscreen tv.

During my stay, housekeeping never came by so the room was never refreshed. Most other motels/hotels will come by every day and make the beds, provide fresh bathroom linens, take out the trash, and basically refresh the room. I guess they do not do that at this motel.

The property itself is somewhat old but they still seem to be able to maintain it decently. They have a small lobby and sitting area with a flat screen tv on the wall and a very small breakfast bar which only provides, coffee, apples, oranges, and packaged breakfasts (packaged muffins, breakfast bars, and oatmeal). All the other motels ive stayed at in this area provide WAY more breakfast options so this was pretty disappointing.

There is a small laundry facility and a tiny room used a gym with 3 cardio machines. Everything was dated but seemed to be in good condition.

They also provide free wifi so that is always a good perk while traveling.

Overall, a decent stay. This place is ok for quick stops for a night or short business trips when you need a low cost place to stay with features like a mini studio. (the full kitchen in the rooms and the laundry facility makes it feel like a mini apartment)

I might stay here again if i have to go back for business.

Room Tip: always request to stay on the top floor for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was hard to find even with a GPS. Once we found it, it was then easy to return. We asked for a non smoking room. Even though there was a sign on the door that read non smoking, the hallway (3rd floor) was filled with smoke. I asked to be on the first floor and that took care of the problem. The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. The room was adequate and clean. Nothing fancy. The kitchen was out of date, but we didn't use it as we were in town for a concert. Many restaurants are close by. The grab and go breakfast had coffee, muffins and apples.

Room Tip: Floor 3 has heavy smoke in the hall. First floor halls were smoke free.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We arrived to the front desk, no problems with check in, pleasant man took our reservation information. We were given key cards to rm 123. Upon arrival, room was clean, neat and in order. Then we decided it was time to get the sofa bed made up for our kids. Clean sheets, pillow cases and pillows were available, but a trip back down to the front desk to get a blanket. No problem, this was done quickly and back in the room. Getting ready to lay down, sat on edge of bed by the window and the whole bed flipped up and almost tossed me to the floor. Reported the bed to the front desk, rooms are all full, back to room where my husband and father-in-law uprooted the bed and fixed the frame. All good now, no more problems with the bed. Lastly, getting up at 5:30am, went to the bathroom and a giant roach (wood roach variety) was trying to escape the vent grate. I did kill it with hairspray (yea, I'm laughing now too) but it needed to die before my girls got up or they would have never went in the bathroom. It was the only roach we seen/heard. Otherwise the place was ok, we were on the bottom floor, no noises, no rowdy people, and the front desk clerk on the night shift was so very nice. The couch, tv, chair sitting area was great, loved that feature and loved the full size fridge/microwave/kitchen. Everything we needed was there and yes I recleaned before we used items, and we redid it again before putting dishes away. I would probably stay again, all the problems turned out to be minor, except the gross roach.

Room Tip: I forgot my bug spray, I usually carry a small can. I recommend this for any hotel stay, not just he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
McAllen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this place last night and once entering the 3rd floor a strong scent of cigarettes hit our faces. We don't smoke and got aad coffesmoke free room but that 3rd floor hallway was unbearable.
Also going into the room you can right away notice that it had not been cleaned throughly.
Restroom floor was really dirty and found pubes everywhere; Shower, Toilet, Floor, Sink.
The room stinked and I found a cardboard toilet paper roll under the ac.
Also I was told there would be breakfast which is what I wanted because I have a diabetic mom who needs her breakfast asap in the morning. They only had coffee and muffins, so I had to go out and get her real breakfast. I don't recommend this place. It's dirty, it stinks and for the price and location it truly isn't worth it.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

so me and my two friends checked in at about 11 pm we went up to our room opened the door and we saw a bag on the counter then a the sudden we hear someone say hello? SOMEONE WAS SLEEPING IN OUR ROOM! so my friends ran down the hall and I stayed in case this person wanted to know why we broke into their room. but instead he locked the door. so we go downstairs and tell the lady at the from desk that she booked us someone's room and all she said was sorry. didn't offer a discount or refund or anything! then she says there is only one room available so we take it and we ask if if is non smoking because we wanted a non smoking. so we get to our room and there are cigarette burns in the bathroom and on the countertops in the kitchen area. and the floor was really sticky! so we decide to go downstairs to the vending machine and when we get in the elevator three other people get in with us and the three people all have blunts in their hands. it smelled like weed in the elevator and in the lobby. so we go into the vending machine room and the vending machine doesn't take quarters. overall it was just a very weird expierence. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty funny considering I'm 18 and it was my first time being in a hotel without an adult. so my friends and I thought the whole thing was hilarious but yeah the hotel was pretty bad.

• Stayed May 2013
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed for two nights at this hotel, and I am now thinking that I would have had a better night's sleep just sleeping in my car in the parking lot! In order to check in, we had wait in a locked lobby area for someone to let us in to be able to get to the front desk. After completing paperwork, we finally made it to the room. The cleanliness of this room was absolutely unacceptable. There were grease stains all over the room. The comforter on the bed smelled like armpits, and there were socks under the bed from the previous guest. I also woke up each time the air conditioner turned on, because the unit (with frayed wires and all) was right next to the bed, so close that we could have used it for a night stand (because there wasn't a night stand in the room anyways!) In the morning, I went to make coffee using the in-room coffee maker. However, the coffee pot was gross, and the coffee cups in the room had crusty stuff inside. The front desk associate said that breakfast was being served around that time, so I went downstairs to find that breakfast was coffee and some cereal bars. When we returned to our room the next day around 4pm, the room keys did not work. After going back down to the lobby, the front desk person asked what time we had checked in. When I replied that we had checked in around 1am, he became very condescending and said that checkout time is 12pm. I advised him that I had a prepaid reservation for two nights (even though I was really wishing I hadn't!). He then said that it was my fault for booking the two nights at different times, and handed the keys to me. We returned to the room, only to find that it had not been cleaned, no clean towels or bed made at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of the room is truly regrettable. The description you presented of your accomodation is not representative of our quality standards. We are very sorry for your experience. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being thorough when cleaning our guest rooms. As well, I have spoken to them about being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!