“very strange experience” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
“very strange experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

so me and my two friends checked in at about 11 pm we went up to our room opened the door and we saw a bag on the counter then a the sudden we hear someone say hello? SOMEONE WAS SLEEPING IN OUR ROOM! so my friends ran down the hall and I stayed in case this person wanted to know why we broke into their room. but instead he locked the door. so we go downstairs and tell the lady at the from desk that she booked us someone's room and all she said was sorry. didn't offer a discount or refund or anything! then she says there is only one room available so we take it and we ask if if is non smoking because we wanted a non smoking. so we get to our room and there are cigarette burns in the bathroom and on the countertops in the kitchen area. and the floor was really sticky! so we decide to go downstairs to the vending machine and when we get in the elevator three other people get in with us and the three people all have blunts in their hands. it smelled like weed in the elevator and in the lobby. so we go into the vending machine room and the vending machine doesn't take quarters. overall it was just a very weird expierence. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty funny considering I'm 18 and it was my first time being in a hotel without an adult. so my friends and I thought the whole thing was hilarious but yeah the hotel was pretty bad.

• Stayed May 2013

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed for two nights at this hotel, and I am now thinking that I would have had a better night's sleep just sleeping in my car in the parking lot! In order to check in, we had wait in a locked lobby area for someone to let us in to be able to get to the front desk. After completing paperwork, we finally made it to the room. The cleanliness of this room was absolutely unacceptable. There were grease stains all over the room. The comforter on the bed smelled like armpits, and there were socks under the bed from the previous guest. I also woke up each time the air conditioner turned on, because the unit (with frayed wires and all) was right next to the bed, so close that we could have used it for a night stand (because there wasn't a night stand in the room anyways!) In the morning, I went to make coffee using the in-room coffee maker. However, the coffee pot was gross, and the coffee cups in the room had crusty stuff inside. The front desk associate said that breakfast was being served around that time, so I went downstairs to find that breakfast was coffee and some cereal bars. When we returned to our room the next day around 4pm, the room keys did not work. After going back down to the lobby, the front desk person asked what time we had checked in. When I replied that we had checked in around 1am, he became very condescending and said that checkout time is 12pm. I advised him that I had a prepaid reservation for two nights (even though I was really wishing I hadn't!). He then said that it was my fault for booking the two nights at different times, and handed the keys to me. We returned to the room, only to find that it had not been cleaned, no clean towels or bed made at all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definitely not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of the room is truly regrettable. The description you presented of your accomodation is not representative of our quality standards. We are very sorry for your experience. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being thorough when cleaning our guest rooms. As well, I have spoken to them about being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Monterrey Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great balance between facility vs price.
We would like an improvement regarding cleaning service during stay.
Will be a very good option for further visits to Austin, basically on events at Circuit of las Americas receway.

Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, and I appreciate your recommendation regarding our housekeeping service. Please know, while we provide this for free every 7-days, there is an option to have housekeeping clean your room more frequently for a minimal additional fee.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future, especially if you are in town for an event at Circuit of las Americas raceway.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for a week by myself while in town interviewing. First room had used towels on the floor (and was on the ground floor next by the lobby, next to the elevator, aka noisiest room in any hotel — a couple days later, this room had a bunch of guys hooping and hollerin' inside).

Went back to the desk and the clerk gave me a room on the far end of the top floor of the complex. There were stains around the sink (cigarette burns?), the nightstand was sticky, and the desk chair was torn. Sink filter leaked and eventually flew off, but it wasn't screwed on all the way, so I took care of that. Toilet had permanent stains on/in it. Didn't use the stove, but it looked like it was from the 70's.

But it was quiet and after a couple of days, I got used to it. Bed was comfortable and I slept soundly every night, which is the most important factor for any accommodation I stay at. I wouldn't want to necessarily take my family there, but it did the trick for me. So if you're not too picky, it's not a bad choice. Staff was nice. And the price was reasonable.
Downside is that it's really not within any walking distance of anything, feels very isolated, and the immediate food choices are slim. Upside, is that it's only about 10-15 minutes from downtown Austin.
Overall, not bad for a not too finicky person.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not 100% satisfactory . To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team will make sure that every room we provide our guests is clean and comfortable and representative of the company's quality standards.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Location: excellent. Right at 290 and I35, it's quick to get in/out. The Access road of 290 was very quiet when we stayed on Sat night/Sun morning.
Staff: The lady at the front desk was overworked yet very personable. She needs help so she doesn't work such long hours. We saw her at 5pm when we checked in and again at 11am when we checked out.
Room: AC unit is uber quiet. Clean room and smells nice. TV channels were HD and clear. Shower was a little slow to drain out. Room layout was excellent (the area of the suite was square and easy to move around).
Breakfast: to-go items, not bad
Other: Elevator was in good shape, not slow.
Grounds: Clean

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have been staying at this Extended Stay - Metro Area since January. I have to say the staff here, the manager (Imelda) and front desk (Ken, Chelsey, and other desk agents, I can't remember their names off the top of my head right now...sorry) are trained well in their jobs! They ALL were VERY certious, helpful when needed, and VERY sweet! They always had a smile on their face no mater how many times I needed to come up to the desk asking for toilet paper, or a #2 pencil w/ sharpener, another blanket for a guest that's was staying the night, ect.. We chose to not have any maid services while we we there and kept the room clean our selves, witch we like it that way. But, you do have the ability to have maid service if you want and they have a wonderful breakfast each and every morning...including yummy coffee w/ great creamers! The also have a beautiful pool to dip your feet in, swim, or just relax on the chairs, on those REALLY hot days. The workout room is always kept clean as well as the 24hr laundry room!! The vending machines were ALWAYS stocked up for me and my partners midnight munchies, while we watch a scary movie on the free Showtime channel. Over all, this place was a WONDERFUL place to stay while we were finding a house!

We have now found a house and have just moved out of Extended Stay but, everyone there will be missed, even the new matinance guy, who was super cool to chat with in passing (again I'm not good w/ names, just BIG smiles). ;-)

To anyone wanting a safe place that's less than 5 mins away from Downtown Austin, clean, cozy, with amazing customer service, than Extended Stay - Metro Area is the place for you!!!

Thank you AGAIN to ALL the staff and we will be missing you!!!

• Stayed April 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would like to thank the wonderful staff & their professionalism & kindness. I have been residing at this hotel for just over a year. I've met some nice people & some folks that I wouldn't loose any sleep over if I never seen them again. I've witnessed customers complain about rooms just so they could get a free night or a payment adjustment. All I can say is "how sad". Some people will sell their soul for a free night or a few pennies. But at whose expense will they do this???
After reading the last two reviews, it saddens me that people would stoop to this level. If they had a "truthful" issue with this hotel, all they had to do was call the front desk & "ALL" their issues would have been resolved. Don't get me wrong, this hotel isn't profect, but every hotel that I've stayed in has had problems. The manager Imelda & her "new" staff are going over-board to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one. I've witnessed Mrs. Imelda work long hours into the night to make sure things run smoothly, and she is on salary. I've seen customers check in with a bad attitude & look for something to complain about. I'm thankful for the treatment I get from this "new" staff. All of the problems that I had with some former staff members has been resolved & they aren't employed here any longer. God bless them & I wish them the best. Sometimes I wonder if they (former employees) ask these customers to come here & give these negative reviews. If so, how childness & sad. Some folks just need to get a life, but not at others expense. You will enjoy your stay at this hotel. I promise. I'm still here until May. Have a glorious day.

Room Tip: If something is not up to your standards, ask questions at the front desk.