“Much better than the Extended Stay North” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty lodging in Austin
San Antonio, TX
“Much better than the Extended Stay North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Location: excellent. Right at 290 and I35, it's quick to get in/out. The Access road of 290 was very quiet when we stayed on Sat night/Sun morning.
Staff: The lady at the front desk was overworked yet very personable. She needs help so she doesn't work such long hours. We saw her at 5pm when we checked in and again at 11am when we checked out.
Room: AC unit is uber quiet. Clean room and smells nice. TV channels were HD and clear. Shower was a little slow to drain out. Room layout was excellent (the area of the suite was square and easy to move around).
Breakfast: to-go items, not bad
Other: Elevator was in good shape, not slow.
Grounds: Clean

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have been staying at this Extended Stay - Metro Area since January. I have to say the staff here, the manager (Imelda) and front desk (Ken, Chelsey, and other desk agents, I can't remember their names off the top of my head right now...sorry) are trained well in their jobs! They ALL were VERY certious, helpful when needed, and VERY sweet! They always had a smile on their face no mater how many times I needed to come up to the desk asking for toilet paper, or a #2 pencil w/ sharpener, another blanket for a guest that's was staying the night, ect.. We chose to not have any maid services while we we there and kept the room clean our selves, witch we like it that way. But, you do have the ability to have maid service if you want and they have a wonderful breakfast each and every morning...including yummy coffee w/ great creamers! The also have a beautiful pool to dip your feet in, swim, or just relax on the chairs, on those REALLY hot days. The workout room is always kept clean as well as the 24hr laundry room!! The vending machines were ALWAYS stocked up for me and my partners midnight munchies, while we watch a scary movie on the free Showtime channel. Over all, this place was a WONDERFUL place to stay while we were finding a house!

We have now found a house and have just moved out of Extended Stay but, everyone there will be missed, even the new matinance guy, who was super cool to chat with in passing (again I'm not good w/ names, just BIG smiles). ;-)

To anyone wanting a safe place that's less than 5 mins away from Downtown Austin, clean, cozy, with amazing customer service, than Extended Stay - Metro Area is the place for you!!!

Thank you AGAIN to ALL the staff and we will be missing you!!!

• Stayed April 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would like to thank the wonderful staff & their professionalism & kindness. I have been residing at this hotel for just over a year. I've met some nice people & some folks that I wouldn't loose any sleep over if I never seen them again. I've witnessed customers complain about rooms just so they could get a free night or a payment adjustment. All I can say is "how sad". Some people will sell their soul for a free night or a few pennies. But at whose expense will they do this???
After reading the last two reviews, it saddens me that people would stoop to this level. If they had a "truthful" issue with this hotel, all they had to do was call the front desk & "ALL" their issues would have been resolved. Don't get me wrong, this hotel isn't profect, but every hotel that I've stayed in has had problems. The manager Imelda & her "new" staff are going over-board to make sure that your stay is a pleasant one. I've witnessed Mrs. Imelda work long hours into the night to make sure things run smoothly, and she is on salary. I've seen customers check in with a bad attitude & look for something to complain about. I'm thankful for the treatment I get from this "new" staff. All of the problems that I had with some former staff members has been resolved & they aren't employed here any longer. God bless them & I wish them the best. Sometimes I wonder if they (former employees) ask these customers to come here & give these negative reviews. If so, how childness & sad. Some folks just need to get a life, but not at others expense. You will enjoy your stay at this hotel. I promise. I'm still here until May. Have a glorious day.

Room Tip: If something is not up to your standards, ask questions at the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this extended stay are not very knowledgable on promotions and such, I'm still very frustrated by not bring charged the right amount for my room they had me under pay for my room because the put my promotion towards my room! And the whole point of the promotion is to get money back I've used it 3 or 4 times never had this kind of problem! It's my promo I choose what I want to spend it on that's my whole point no one told me it was applied to my room until I checked out so bam no money back please get a better staff with better communication.

• Stayed March 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I do appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond to you on this website. Given how seriously we take our guest's privacy, I am not able to use this public channel to address any particular charges you may have incurred while at our hotel. I can tell you that, as is the case of all Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations, we try our very best to explain to our guests how the billing came about. I can assure you that we did not decide for you how your promo code will be used. As you admitted yourself, you underpaid your actual bill. I would like to again stress how willing I am to discuss with you privately how the billing came about. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel looked fine from the outside. The front desk help was very nice. However, the room itself was terrible. The faux hardwood floor in the kitchen area was sticky. The carpet in the hallway was stained, not to mention the off-putting smell present there. It was just dirty overall. I was scheduled to stay in the hotel for 4 nights but checked out after the 1st night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for 10 months after moving to Austin. I was having a house built and experienced all the characteristic delays. Working with a fairly tight budget, I searched for a place that was close to the city, met my needs and had the right price.
This Extended Stay America fit the bill perfectly. Granted, it is not the Taj Mahal but it doesn't pretend to be. It was clean, it was safe, it was close to where I needed to be, and the price was right. The staff was extremely nice (thanks Imelda!) and went out of their way to make sure my stay was a good one.
They have kitchenettes, a small workout room (cardio only), laundry facility, and free coffee in the mornings! (They were cool with me padding into the lobby in my PJ's every morning to get it!) They're pet friendly as well even though I don't have a pet.
If you're looking for a clean, convenient place with a great staff, you should check this place out!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have been here for over a month now and I have absolutely enjoyed our stay here. Being new in town the staff has made it a comfortable and secure stay. Imelda has been a wonderful manager and I personally watched her deal w/ a VERY frustrating and hard guest. She handled the situation with AMAZING customer service and grace! In fact, the whole front desk handled this specific guest VERY well. The staff here is very nice and make this place feel completely like a home away from home!!

I would recommend this Extended Stay for anyone who is staying short term or long term. The location is 5 mins from everything you need...shopping, groceries, Restaurants, ect. And if your wanting to be in down town Austin in min's that option is here as well!

I TRULY have enjoyed our stay and the staff here... ;-)

Thank you to everyone here!!!

• Stayed February 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!