“Home away from home!!! ;-)” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty lodging in Austin
“Home away from home!!! ;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have been here for over a month now and I have absolutely enjoyed our stay here. Being new in town the staff has made it a comfortable and secure stay. Imelda has been a wonderful manager and I personally watched her deal w/ a VERY frustrating and hard guest. She handled the situation with AMAZING customer service and grace! In fact, the whole front desk handled this specific guest VERY well. The staff here is very nice and make this place feel completely like a home away from home!!

I would recommend this Extended Stay for anyone who is staying short term or long term. The location is 5 mins from everything you need...shopping, groceries, Restaurants, ect. And if your wanting to be in down town Austin in min's that option is here as well!

I TRULY have enjoyed our stay and the staff here... ;-)

Thank you to everyone here!!!

• Stayed February 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

When looking for a place to stay while house hunting front desk (KEN) was awesome both over the phone and in person friendly while I made a reservation and during my checking in.
Imelda the manager greets me w a smile every time she sees me!! During the day Tracie and Chelsea help w all of my needs and are also very friendly and have been very helpful in assisting me with info about Austin as I'm new to the state...all in all a great experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my month of Jan stay here! Ken helped us find the place and was a pleasant person to see at the front desk when I checked in! Imelda was also very sweet when requesting any service I needed...towels, coffee, ext.

• Stayed January 2013
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

All of the other staff at this location is very helpful and kind, i come to location alot for whenever im in town on business..well one morning coming in from 6th st LAURA gave me a hard time because i left my ID up stairs and didnt have any thing else to show who i was when i asked for a new key. Not only that, when it was check out, she repeatedly called the room to come pay or i had to hurry and leave. i dont think as MANAGER she should be that rude to people who spend alot of money there...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about some of our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at many Extend Stay America in Texas, and I had a wonderful experience. I have been staying at this Extend Stay the last month with my family and the experience was wonderful until I met AGM Laura Miller and she made sure I new she was the AGM and at that time I did not know what AGM stood for, Sunday, Dec.30, 2012 about 7am I went down stairs to do laundry and at that time i decided to let them know that housekeeping did not changed our linen yesterday. She proceeded to tell me that housekeeping told her about me rm 313 and that we were hoarders and that is why our room was not cleaned. I quickly let her know that I was not in room 313 and let her know what room I was in, she never apologize and still proceeded to say we were probably hoarders also, I told her that we never had a problem with our room being clean and we kept our own cleaning supplies and cleaned our own bathroom and they were to only change our linen. I asked for linen so I could change our linen she told me no and she would try and get someone to change it today, I told her know give me the linen I will change myself because this was my day of rest. I have worked customer service for over 35 years and travel different place and have never experienced anyone with such a bad attitude, if she was the only staff member here to deal with I would have taken my business somewhere else. I don't know if she is new to this job or if it is all going to her head, but this is not a good position for her to have she needs alot of extra extra training in customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Austin Metro. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they're away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction everyday. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm) other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

As I get ready to move into my new home in Austin, I would like to take this time to thank each of the staff members for making my last 8 months here a wonderful experience. The manager Imelda Ball has done an incredible job at Austin Metro. With the exception of the "New" assistant manager Laura Miller, I want to say that my stay at Extended Stay has been pleasant. For some reasons beyond my control, Mrs. Miller has tried to make my stay here a living hell. I know for a fact that her title as Assistant General Manager(A.G.M.) has went to her head, yet she has lacked the skills & the professionalism plus maturity to do the job. Before she arrived at this hotel, the staffs moral was at all time high. When she's on duty, it's like a ghost town because no one wants to interact with her. It's very unfortunate that the customers & staff has had to put up with her lies. Otherwise, I truly believe that this place is one of the best places to stay in Austin. Thank's Imelda & Mr. Tex, Ken, Chelsea, Jesse, Rudy, Claudia, Jessica, Angie & the great customers for helping to make my stay here a blessing. Have a glorious New Year.

• Stayed December 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Austin Metro. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about some of our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they're away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It is not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely staisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay for a lengthy period while I was contracted for work at the State Capital. The room was exactly what I needed. A studio room with TV, Internet, and a full Kitchen. The staff at the Extended Stay were courteous and very nice. Anything I needed the staff was there for me day and night. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect for me with only minutes away to my office. The staff at the Extended Stay made me feel like I had a home away from my real home in Florida.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which staff gets to know our guest, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!