“Great Staff with 1 bad exception.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff with 1 bad exception.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

As I get ready to move into my new home in Austin, I would like to take this time to thank each of the staff members for making my last 8 months here a wonderful experience. The manager Imelda Ball has done an incredible job at Austin Metro. With the exception of the "New" assistant manager Laura Miller, I want to say that my stay at Extended Stay has been pleasant. For some reasons beyond my control, Mrs. Miller has tried to make my stay here a living hell. I know for a fact that her title as Assistant General Manager(A.G.M.) has went to her head, yet she has lacked the skills & the professionalism plus maturity to do the job. Before she arrived at this hotel, the staffs moral was at all time high. When she's on duty, it's like a ghost town because no one wants to interact with her. It's very unfortunate that the customers & staff has had to put up with her lies. Otherwise, I truly believe that this place is one of the best places to stay in Austin. Thank's Imelda & Mr. Tex, Ken, Chelsea, Jesse, Rudy, Claudia, Jessica, Angie & the great customers for helping to make my stay here a blessing. Have a glorious New Year.

• Stayed December 2012
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Austin Metro. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about some of our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they're away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It is not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely staisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay for a lengthy period while I was contracted for work at the State Capital. The room was exactly what I needed. A studio room with TV, Internet, and a full Kitchen. The staff at the Extended Stay were courteous and very nice. Anything I needed the staff was there for me day and night. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect for me with only minutes away to my office. The staff at the Extended Stay made me feel like I had a home away from my real home in Florida.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which staff gets to know our guest, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer - definitely the best value in Austin. I recently ended a 1 1/2 year stay, and wouldn't hesitate to go back. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the staff is fantastic. They are so genuinely friendly and helpful. Maintenance is immediate. Breakfast, pool, laundry, nicely equipped workout room (which I never used, shame on me...) In 1 1/2 years, it has always been QUIET, I was never once disturbed by noise. Wonderful, comfortable bed, array of pillow sizes (I like small ones, but they give you a range from high and fluffy to soft and small.) The flat screen and DVD player are great. I especially appreciate Ken, Tracey, Chelsea, Jessie, Claudia and Shaturi, And Imelda. They truly gave me a "home away from home".

Room Tip: Second floor in the spring. Definitely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guest like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all your very kind words.
Brunswick, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the best value I've seen in Austin. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is fantastic. I really can't say how nice it is to walk in the door and Ken calls out to me by name. The manager smiles and says hi without fail. Maid service is spot on and the maintenance folks respond quickly. I've been coming here for about for months now and will definitely continue using this ESA as my Austin home.

Oh, the pictures are old. The rooms have been refreshed with new bedding and large screen LCD TVs w/DVD players. Seriously, the most comfort per dollar in Austin!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America-Austin-Metro. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the praise we get from our millions of customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is " Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The team here are both gracious and helpful. Ken at the front desk is especially freindly and accomadating. Always has a smile and welcome when you walk in the foyer. There is on-site laundry & a workout room, a pool and close proximity to i35 and 183. The rooms are clean and spacious and it's midtown area location is very convienient to everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Austin- Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guest like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you againas our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks again for all of your very kind words.
Manor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is great if you are new to the Austin area and need somewhere to stay until your house is ready for move in. I recently stayed here and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The flat screen tv and dvd player (which I didn't know was there until my last day! :) ) was a nice added touch. My only drawback was an encounter that I had with Laura, the new assistant manager, who was rude, condescending, and VERY unprofessional. She made it a point to let me know that she was the new assistant manager who was sent to this hotel to retrain the staff as they did not know how to properly do their jobs. (The staff by the way is VERY pleasant to deal with!!! Chelsea is a GEM!) I work in HR and it is NEVER ok to demean your staff to customers. Other than dealing with her I had a very enjoyable stay and will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Imelda does an awesome job of hiring!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is rewarding to get feedback like yours; it is tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guest, no matter if they are staying for a night , a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. As as you mentioned, Laura is NEW and she is learning to be a manager. I am sure it is not intentional. Rest assured, your feedback will definitely help me in training her. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

From the time I arrived to the time I departed the Management Team, Customer Service, and Maintaince personnel provided the upmost hospitality. This hotel was clean and in a neat and orderly personna, if something ever needed to be repaired maintaince responded quickly to get the issues resolved and the hotel is constantly working improving its appearance. The people that come to the hotel are respectable and recieve the same back from the personnel here at the hotel. I highly recomend this location for a pleasant and quiet stay.

Room Tip: There is no "Room Service" nor Spa although there is a complimentary breakfast with coffee...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Austin Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, the entire staff at Extended Stay Austin Metro thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels (sm) location.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!