“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Manor, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is great if you are new to the Austin area and need somewhere to stay until your house is ready for move in. I recently stayed here and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The flat screen tv and dvd player (which I didn't know was there until my last day! :) ) was a nice added touch. My only drawback was an encounter that I had with Laura, the new assistant manager, who was rude, condescending, and VERY unprofessional. She made it a point to let me know that she was the new assistant manager who was sent to this hotel to retrain the staff as they did not know how to properly do their jobs. (The staff by the way is VERY pleasant to deal with!!! Chelsea is a GEM!) I work in HR and it is NEVER ok to demean your staff to customers. Other than dealing with her I had a very enjoyable stay and will recommend this hotel to my friends and family. Imelda does an awesome job of hiring!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Austin Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is rewarding to get feedback like yours; it is tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guest, no matter if they are staying for a night , a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition. As as you mentioned, Laura is NEW and she is learning to be a manager. I am sure it is not intentional. Rest assured, your feedback will definitely help me in training her. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

From the time I arrived to the time I departed the Management Team, Customer Service, and Maintaince personnel provided the upmost hospitality. This hotel was clean and in a neat and orderly personna, if something ever needed to be repaired maintaince responded quickly to get the issues resolved and the hotel is constantly working improving its appearance. The people that come to the hotel are respectable and recieve the same back from the personnel here at the hotel. I highly recomend this location for a pleasant and quiet stay.

Room Tip: There is no "Room Service" nor Spa although there is a complimentary breakfast with coffee...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Austin Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, the entire staff at Extended Stay Austin Metro thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels (sm) location.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel, was very nice, I was surprised, 32in flat screen tv's, dvd player, kitchen equip with a frig, microwave, stove/oven, dishwasher, and everything, there was a smell of bologna, I guess from the previous guests, but if you like bologna, it wasn't bad, but overall it was a nice stay, and my kid's enjoyed the pool, which is shaded well, which is great for the Texas weather!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I apologize for the inconsistent smell within your room; however, I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay overall. We are proud to offer a pool at our property and extremely pleased to know that your children had a blast playing in it. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to accommodate everyone!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been staying here for about 2 two week's. It has been an enjoyable experience for me.Also the other 10 Tech. that came with me are also enjoying the stay.Wemightstay alittle longer and if wecomebackhere in Austin,we willdefinitelycomeback here.Good location and great staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were going to be staying there for an extended period pending job transfer and my wife went down stairs to get something from our car and was sexually harrased twice. After looking into the situation myself I made the complaint and fortunately was refunded my money minus the nights stayed. While leaving the hotel 2 teenage girls in there panties stepped into the elevator with my father. Clearly these girls were prostitutes. 5 minutes later a young African American boy gets into the elevator with my wife, daughter and myself. This individual ha no shirt on, pants below his butt and boxers way above his hip and began cussing out loud when his wrong floor came up... With my daughter standing right infront of him...clearly this individual and the individual that hit on my wife were clearly either working together or related because my wife pointed out the large man as we were walking out to the parking lot. I will be filing an investigation on drugs and prostitution on this hotel. Absolutely unacceptable!!! This gives extended stay a bad name!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Ryan - We appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. I would like to begin by saying how sorry I am in regards to all of the issues you experienced. Our company makes guest safety a huge priority, and all of our staff is trained in ways to protect our guests, including the property having many procedures and additional security measures. I am saddened to read that your wife was affected in any way, but am glad to hear that we were able to rectify the issue.

As well, as a company standard, we do not discriminate in any way when it comes to the guests who choose to stay with us. If for some reason it is brought to our attention that a guest may be acting in a manner that is not considered dignified, the staff and I will take action. With this in mind, we are looking into your remarks and ensuring that our hotel offers a comfortable experience for everyone.

Please know that your experience is not a normal one, and we do apologize that you, your wife, your daughter or anyone else was disturbed. It would be our pleasure, still, to have you stay with us again in order to show you our redoubled efforts. Please contact the hotel directly should you wish to do so, and I will be happy to accommodate you.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

All of the staff were exceptional in their professionalism. The GM Imelda greated me with a great smile and warm wishes for a pleasant stay. The room was clean and larger than I would have expected; including a kitchen area fully stocked with appliances. The bed was very comfortable and I slep so soundly I didn't want to get up and leave. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I'll definately be back when I return to Austin

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our GM, Imelda. She has been a great asset to the hotel and to the company as a whole.

Overall, my entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have been here for 2 weeks. The employees here are great and will do whatever to help make your stay better. The place is very convenient to shopping, eating, and my work. The pool is very nice, and the workout room is perfect for my needs. For the price, it is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: just stay away from the elevator when it's busy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Metro. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!