“Not too Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Not too Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The rooms are decent size for the price, plus a bed and a pull out couch makes it a cheap place to crash for a weekend in Austin. You get what you pay for, so you can't complain too much. The front desk was very helpful and friendly, and even let us check out late for no charge.

Make sure you have a GPS if you ever want to find this place. We drove in circles trying to find the entrance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Metro. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been staying here for about 2 months. It has been an enjoyable experience for me. I've read some of the complaint that people have posted. The majority of the negative statements are untrue. The staff here will bend over backward to make your stay delightful. I've seen a lot of folks say negative things just so they can get a discount or a free night. I wonder how many other hotels have they tried to con. Anyway, while staying at this hotel, you'll have an enjoyable time & you get what you pay for, plus some. The staff does care. Thank's!

Room Tip: Just ask can you see your room before you checkin. They'll be more than happy to do that for you...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Metro. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Checked in and out in 10 mins. Smelled like mold. Dirty.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Austin - Metro. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is 2nd Extended Stay I tried. 1st compalint-There is no automatic doors. I had a cart to move my stuff & it was difficult to go through two normal size door instead of double automatic door. 2nd Compalint-I paid for a smoking room & I asked the clark to change my room to odd ending digit number. (he gave me room 332 & asked 33# odd number) His respond was they don't have it so I asked him to give me non-somking with the odd number. I told him I will not smoke in that room & his respond was "Yeah, I heard that before. We don't give non-smoking room to a smoker" Isn't this a discrimination???? I never heard of that. I stayed many 5 star hotels & never did they accused me lying or assumed I will be smoking in the room. He ended up giving me 321.
I didn't expect much since this is the first time I stayed at smoking room in last 15 years... but as soon as I walked in... I saw this ugly & damaged chair in the corner. Why???
I am just glad to stay one night... I was planning to stay one more but I will be checking other hotel who doesn't accuse me for lying.

Room Tip: don't change the room if you booked for a smoking room to non-smoking room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

The individual, Ken, who checked us in was extremely rude and condescending. He was incredibly rude, unhelpful and repeatedly laughed at myself and my guests. He said I was wrong about my reservation and spent 10 minutes arguing with me to the point of him raising his voice. He then proceeded to "prove his point" on hotel policy by showing me someone else's reservation which included their personal information. I stated he should not be showing me another guest's personal information and he again laughed at me. Then, when he started to get together the papers I was to sign, I placed my ID and credit card on the counter for him to review. Ken shoved the cards back toward me and said "I don't need those...who else would you be?", never once checking my credit card or identification. My guests and I proceeded to the room he assigned which we soon realized was torn apart, no bedding on the bed, kitchen appliances strewn about with nails and screws all over the floor. We quickly went back to the front desk to inform Ken about the appearance of the room. He never apologized but instead mumbled under his breath about the bad maintenance and housekeeping at the hotel. He then got very upset because he realized he had to give us a handicapped room. One of my guests stated she has a handicapped pass he could verify since he was so upset about giving us the room. He looked up at her, laughed to her face and then back down and kept shuffling papers around. In the elevator on our way to room, I then saw the elevator inspection certificate which had been expired for 3 months. We finally made it to the room, which was non-smoking even though the entire hotel smelled like smoke. We also did not have enough towels or blankets in the room. Between several trips in and out of the hotel over the course of the evening, I never once saw a hotel employee. The next morning, I then had bug bites all over my legs from the bed in the room. This individual, Ken, ruined our entire stay at your hotel and I can honestly say I will NEVER be staying at an Extended Stay again. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
South Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This motel was awful. The only good thing I can say about it is that the front desk politely tried to address the problems but did not have the means to do it--too much gone bad. The bed was awful, the pool had green on the bottom of it with footprints where people had actually gone in and walked on the bottom. We left early after the first night and cancelled our second night to stay there. The price may be appealing but the property definitely is not.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I checked into the Extended Stay Deluxe in Austin, TX 08/01/2011 At check in I was asked if I would be using the Internet. I replied yes, the clerk said let me get you a login; it will be $4.99. I was at first taken back, but replied OK. (I had spent the previous night at a lesser priced hotel in San Antonio where the Internet was FREE, and when I was asked by your staff if I would be using it I assumed yours was free also.) The biggest part of the scam came the first time I logged on to the Internet and was asked for additional money to get HIGH SPEED. I declined. I feel this is a dishonest practice. I do not know if this is the policy of all Extended Stay Properties, but I do not plan on staying at one agin to find out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Metro? Share your experiences!