“Not a great part of Austin but good property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #99 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Texas
“Not a great part of Austin but good property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked this property due to being close to my meeting off of 51st street from UT. It is about 10 minutes to campus. Very nice property, clean outside, well lighted parking, spacious lobby and easy check in. Our king bed was comfy, room very clean. We had a new kind of coffee maker (can't remember the brand! ) that I really liked AND loved having microwave and fridge. About bedtime, the fire alarm made a LOUD BEEP ( scary!!!!) due to a battery failure. Hubby ran down to lobby to see what was going on and passed the word to worried families up and down the hall that were milling around to see if we needed to evacuate. All ok and back to bed... Breakfast was the standard HIE fare but the biscuits were SUPER this time! Most of the time, they are hard rocks! Cheers to the biscuit lady!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback your reviews are valuable to us. We strive not to be average but elite hotel. Our goal is to create a hotel guest love.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Since my arrival at the hotel, Lesley Easley and her staff have been nothing short of magnificent and very hospitable. The staff makes you feel like a part of their family. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I appreciate all the staffs promtness and courtesy in each request made to them, from the front desk all the down to the maintanence crew. Thank you for making my stay at this hotel feel like I never left my home.

• Stayed September 2013
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to have you stay at our hotel we vaule your business and hope to see you for many more years. Thank you!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn is very aware of the area restaurants in the area. The breakfast area clean and room. We booked to visit Austin,Texas and surrounding areas, Prefect location to get on or off Interstate 35 North or South. We would recommend this place for the location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. We are glad your stay was great. We are here to treat our guest like family.
Alamo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked two rooms. One double from Aug 22-26 and a king from Aug 25-26. First time I stayed in Austin longer than a night. It was my mini vacation since my wife is going to the Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center. Well the experience was very welcoming and there were just a couple minor things to clean up before this hotel can be elite, but it was great none-the-less.

My check-in was done by James, who was very professional and caring about his position. My second check-in was done by a trainee who was being trained by a very down to earth front desk clerk Alvin. Its the little details that are welcoming, like the cookies and lemonade they have as your walk in. The breakfast has more options to choose from than your regular standard hot breakfast. Chocolate milk isn't even a requirement standard but they had it, which was pretty neat. Breakfast hostess will refill your drink for you. The beds were amazingly comfortable like I expect all Holiday Inns to be. The best reason for staying here is location, its close to I-35 and its on the Lamar side of the freeway. It was easy for me locate the hotel and go to the center when I needed to.

Now everything wasn't perfect. 1.Breakfast area is very small. When its busy, its busy! A small dining area requires one to wait for a table. Most tables are for 2 people. 2. There are no views, so don't expect a skyline. 3.Noise can be an issue if you wake easily 4.The sidewalk to get to the swimming pool is obstructed by a wooden boxed in fence. Was not handicap friendly since my wife is legally blind and needs a cane to move about. A wheelchair would have to go into the grass to be able to access it. 5. The decor of the guest rooms are horrible. Colors are out to date and the furniture had a bunch of scratches on them. Guacamole colored crown trim molding! uh no... Also the elevator had graffiti scrapped on the metal door and wallpaper in the hallways had scuff marks that can be easily taken care of.

The hotel isn't perfect but as long as its staff can smile and be attentive to their guests, it makes for a pleasant stay. Those other little details can be easily be fixed. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room away from IH35 if you hate noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all feedback and use them as a training tool to help create a hotel that guest love.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after getting home from our deployments hoping to find somewhere decent to be close to downtown. On our second day we had close to two thousand dollars stolen and management has avoided the issue despite being contacted multiple times by myself, the hotel group and the police. Our sheets were dirty and the service was terrible. Don't waste your money because its going to get stolen anyway

• Stayed July 2013
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are sorry for the inconvience we have answered and called several times and corporate to discuss with you our fndings of the issue. I myself call ed 3 times and to anyfail nwas unable to reach you or get a call back. Spoke with the semior case manager at copropatre they also were unable to reach you or get a call back. We are so sorry for any misunderstandings and there was a unfororunte misshap. We hope you will continue to stay at ant of our wonderful hotels.
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had a great time at this location. It is very family friendly with a relaxing pool. The general manager, Leslie, was there and was very friendly. She made sure our stay was comfortable. The cookies in the lobby were always fresh and soft. This is certainly the place I stay when I am in town and always promote this property to collegues..Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback we try to create a hotel that guest love.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

On July 6, 2013 my parents stayed at your hotel Holiday Inn Express--North Central . They had been traveling from Mexico and had been on the road for a very long time. I contacted them to see how they were doing and that’s when I realized my father was too tired to continue driving home ( Dallas). I asked them to please find a hotel for them to spend the night in and that i would pay for it. They chose your hotel, at the front desk was a gentleman by the name of Alvin. He was great with my parents and I talked to him asking if there was a way that I could pay for the room over the phone. He asked if I had access to a fax and I didn’t so he suggested that I go online and book it thru Hotels.com or a company similar to one like that. As my wife was on the other phone with Hotels.com Alvin had said that Lesley ( General Manager) would make the exception to take the payment over the phone. I spoke to Lesley to thank her and she said she made the exception because she saw how tired my parents looked. I couldn’t thank her enough for what she did and that exception really made my parents very happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
IWe would like to thank you for your feedback. Our rule here is to make.our guest like family and create a hotel that guest love,

Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Austin North Central? Share your experiences!