Good service. Decent facilities, although the pool was very small, and the tiny gym only had free weights and a few treadmills/elliptical. Rooms facing the highway are extremely noisy from traffic through the night. Ask for a room not facing the highway. A/C provides white noise, but point at the bed and cannot be redirected using the vents. Rooms have low ceilings and feel a bit cramped. This hotel is right across from UT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin – University Area provides a homelike warmth, just a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is just across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area