Stayed here for one night during our visit to Austin. Our room was a bit loud due to the a/c fan unit right outside of the window. I requested to switch rooms but was denied after being told no other rooms were available.
The room was just average, as long as you do not find the view of the cemetery to be creepy!
The walk to downtown Sixth street is about 25-30 minutes, less than 10 minutes by cab. Front desk was very helpful getting a cab to the hotel. Took our cab about 30 minutes to arrive. Having Denny's right next door was convenient for breakfast since there is not much else around the hotel.
Possibly a good option for travelers on a budget or on business. However, it is highly unlikely I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin – University Area provides a homelike warmth, just a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is just across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area