Chwcked in at 10pm for a 5-day Conf. Stayed here for convenience not charm but ended up in a dark room with loud I-35 traffic noise, dimly lit bathroom and no hot water (it was tepid at best). Complained in the morning and took my suitcase down to the front desk- was switched to a much better room by thw time i returned to the hotel later that day: better lit, no car noise, light-up vanity mirror in bathroom helped quite a bit, and (most impr) hot water galore. Don't expect much in terms of food (too $$ bkfst for mostly instant and packaged items), but ok. Hotel gym was small but 3 of 4 machines worked and they had free weights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin – University Area provides a homelike warmth, just a mile from downtown Austin. Our hotel is just across the street from the University of Texas and the Frank Erwin Center. The most centrally located hotel in Austin, we're only four blocks from the Texas State Capitol and within easy reach of many Austin attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Austin - University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Austin - University Area Hotel Austin
- Doubletree Hotel Austin
- Doubletree University Area