“quick weekend business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Internet's on Us
Ranked #32 of 182 hotels in Austin
A TripAdvisor Member
“quick weekend business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Always a great place to stay. So much more than your average hotel. Very nice rooms. All rooms are suites. Living area has a pull out couch. Nice large bathrooms. Kitchenette with all amentities. Pleasant staff is always willing to help. I'm usually there for a Friday night stay. Could see the capital from my balcony. Capital is short walk away. Took a jog around the capital before my day got started.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and your experience; I especially loved your description that we are "so much more than your average hotel." Since our renovations were completed last year our hotel has been transformed into one of the nicest hotels in downtown Austin. I believe what really sets us apart, however, is our fantastic staff; as you said, we are always willing to assist. Hopefully, you will visit us again soon; we look forward to having you!

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It's a fine hotel. Ridiculous that it has a pool that is 3... yes THREE feet deep! The bed was very comfy, the room very spacious but housekeeping was not provided on the weekend even after calling down to request it around 130pm.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I value your feedback however was disappointed to learn that your time with us was only average at best. I know you were disappointed with our hotel pool; I am sorry we were unable to provide a better experience whil you were our guest. In regards to your Housekeeping challenges, after a bit of research, I note that you engaged the use of the Do Not Disturb sign on your door both Saturday and Sunday. I am sorry that we were unable to provide service those days once you had the sign removed. Clearly we didn't create a lasting memory or wonderful experience and for that, I apologize. While I cannot resolve the pool challenge, I can promise to provide another outstanding room that is properly cleaned daily should you choose to stay with us again. Hopefully, you will make it back for another visit again soon; we’d love to have you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the time you check in the staff treats you great. Check in took 2 or 3 mins, the cookies they give you are so good. The room was great. Only thing, wish they had firmer pillows( oh well, not a deal breaker. The conciergesare very good at their job. Had no problem tipping them well. Everything was terrific. Would stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear jlopez4234,

Thank you so much for the nice review about your recent stay. I can't say how much it brightens my day to read such nice comments about our hotel and service. I will be sure to pass on your praise to the Guest Services Team as well, although they have been known to read TripAdvisor lately, so perhaps they have already seen this. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, we'd love to see you again. I'll be sure to hold a foam pillow for you because I, too, prefer a more firm option to enjoy a good night's rest. Here is to many more great travel experiences!

Best,
New York City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the excellent customer service and superior hotel amenities at this property. We were treated like by almost every staff member we encountered and received a significant room upgrade upon check in. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Danny C, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Molly E,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It makes my day to know you had such a great experience while you were our guest and that your upgraded suite was able to exceed your expectations. We are charged with providing outstanding guest rooms and fantastic service so that our guests may relax and revitalize with ease. On behalf of myself and my colleagues here at the DoubleTree Suites, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your home away from home. Visit us anytime; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property this past weekend. We had the best time ever! We travel a lot and for many reasons this hotel stay has been the most special! The place is beautiful but what sets it apart from everywhere else is the people. Danny Craven treated us to the time of our lives. He remembered my hubby from a year ago and gave us an incredible room upgrade! Also Tom made us feel like royalty. The shuttle service was really busy but he still made us feel like we were his only guests. A once in a lifetime experience!! AMAZING!!

Melanie C.

Dear Melanie C,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I find myself humbled by your kind words about my service; I feel very lucky to be part of such an amazing team here at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin. To know that our staff was able to make your wedding anniversary just a little but more special means more to us that you know, thank you again for being our guest. Visit us anytime; we can't wait to welcoming you back (hopefully very) soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I have been married 17 years. We are best friends and she is everything to me. We've had a tough couple of years though. We've been getting counseling and things have started to turn around. So, last night I surprised her with a night on the town. I just had surgery last week so she wasn't expecting a night out.

A year ago I stayed at this beautiful Double Tree in downtown Austin on business. I remember having a great experience all around. Specifically there was a front office supervisor that was incredibly professional and kind so for our special night out last night I naturally wanted to take my wife there!

When we checked in last night that same manager was there and remembered me! It had been a full year and Daniel Craven recognized me on sight! He remembered my name and what I do! He asked what brought me to the Double Tree. When I told him it was a special night for my wife and I he upgraded our standard room to the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!! He didn't stop there. He provided us special transportation for the evening and extended our check out time until 3 PM!!!

What Daniel did for us last night was beyond anything I could have imagined. His incredible act of kindness came at the perfect time for us. My wife and I had the best time. Daniel made us feel so special and it was a great reminder for us that our relationship is indeed special. I told Danny that 20 years from now my wife and I will still remember that night. I was wrong. We will remember it for the rest of our lives! Thank you Danny. Thank you Double Tree!

With great gratitude -

Chad & Melanie!!

PS - We'll be back :)

Dear Chad C,

I find myself at a loss for words to craft an adequte reply to this amazing review. I am truly humbled by your praise of the service I provided; I count myself truly lucky to work along side such a terrific team at our hotel. I hope we may be able to celebrate with you for many more anniversaries in the future or any other time you want to get away to Austin for the evening. Thank you again for allowing our hotel to be your preferred home away from home. Please come visit again soon, we'd be honored to welcome you anytime.

Best,
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The best place to stay in Austin. Uber comfy, walking distance to many attractions. Close to Austin Heart Hospital and the University. Best staff I've encountered in years, and last but certainly most important the best beds in Austin. 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sallyann57,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I am happy to learn that you found our hotel so accommodating for your business in Austin. I, too, find our location very convenient for many of Austin's best features but also far enough removed that you will not experience any external noise disturbances from downtown. I believe our hotel staff is among the best in the city and will be sure to pass on your praise of their hard work as well. Please come see visit us again anytime, we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Best Regards,
Danny Craven

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Austin? Share your experiences!