“1st time staying here wasn't disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum

You added Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9505 Stonelake Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop Arboretum Package
Ranked #21 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Draper, Utah
“1st time staying here wasn't disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel is located near the junction of a couple of main expressways and near some very nice places to eat. The cook to order breakfasts are very nice in the morning and quite a change from the other hotels who just serve up the "take it or leave it" breakfasts. The afternoon happy hour snacks could be better, but then they are there to take the edge off before going out for dinner. The room was clean and nice but the next time I will make sure "in advance" to ask for a non-handicap room, the show was hard to use due to making it "user" friendly. The only issue I really had was the fire alarm with the green LED's being so bright, I used some foil from one of my dinners to cover it up so I could sleep easier. The elevators did have some issues, but that was mainly from children mashing the buttons so they stuck in and caused the doors to constantly open and close on one floor. Over all this hotel made sure the rooms were clean and any issues where addressed promptly.
The Good: Cooked to order breakfast by a competent chef and a nice variety of breakfast foods.
The Bad: Bored children playing on the elevators
The Ugly: not the hotels fault but over use of aftershave and perfume on people lingering for hours in the elevators.
On the Scuba bubble scale I give this place 7 out of 10 bubbles

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the top floors away from the elevator and the Ice machine
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
must_need_h2o
Thank you very much for your nice review. I am glad you overall enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy the complimentary cooked to order breakfast as well as finding your suite to be clean. I am sorry that you were disapointed in the snacks at evening reception and for the troubles you encountered with children and the elevators. I hope the next time you stay with us we are able to earn 10 out of 10 bubbles on the bubble scuba scale!
Paul Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Leakey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Came in the night before meeting thinking this was going to be a boring night! Wrong went down to bar for happy hour....Wow! Bar tender was a real hoot, people in the area were so friendly and the snacks were great and plentiful. The made to order omelet the next morning was terrific. The rooms are like home, with a living room and then a separate bed room and bath. Quit and homey!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Jackie T,
Thank you for such a nice review! I am glad that our team and complimentary evening reception kept you from being bored! We look forward to your next visit to Austin.
chandler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our room was super clean. The breakfast is a plus when travelling with children or in terms of convenience. The food was good too with lots of choices, they even had skim milk and eggs to order. The rooms were average size, but you get 2 so lots of space. Our bed was a king, and it was smaller than a true king. It also had a dip in the middle into which I rolled all night long. The room was noisy from both sides - loby on one side, restaurant band on the other, but nothing so loud that I could not sleep. Besides, Baby A's next door turned out to be a fun place to eat with in walking distance. The swans in the lobby made me uncomfortable. The space for them didn't seem big enough for such large birds.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, bring ear muffs!
Susan h,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and that you found your suite super clean. I am sorry about the condion of your bed and the noise you encountered. I am glad it did not interrupt your sleep. I can understand your concern regarding Butch and Sundance and can assure you that the space is comfortable for them. We hope to see you the next time you visist Austin.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Hotel is clean and in nice area. Needs better internet in rooms. Had below average front desk reception and experience. Am sure most are friendly people. Noise level between rooms was another issue. Could hear next room talks/TV (slightest level) from bedroom

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Tadesse F,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that we disapointed you in regards to the internet, noise and Front Desk reception. We are working with our Internet Provider to ensure consistent, good internet service. I have also forwarded your comments to our Front Desk leadership team to address. We pride ourselves on our friendliness and will work to do better. I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
McAllen Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I am delighted with the front desk.
Prompt, courteous, friendly service. A great little managers reception.
My room was fresh and very comfortable.

This hotel had two Royal Swans named Butch and Sundance. They are brothers and very beautiful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MissionTexasSharon,
I am delighted that you are delighted by our Front Desk! Thank you for such a wondeful review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the staff, your room and the evening reception. I hope you had an opportunity to try our great complimentary made to order breakfast? Butch, Sundance and the rest of our team look forward to your next visit!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for one night on Saturday, 8/9/14. We were checked in by the manager on duty, Sharon. She was wonderful and so friendly! We were extremely impressed by the cleanliness of our room and the entire hotel. This hotel is beautiful, the staff is so accommodating and friendly and the room was large, inviting and comfortable. This will be our new go to hotel in Austin. From the evening happy hour with alcoholic beverages, snacks and popcorn to the delicious cooked to order breakfast, you won't find a better property that offers these extras. I was originally very concerned about the resident swans, Butch and Sundance. I was worried that they wouldn't have the amount of space needed to thrive and live happy lives. I however, did some research and found a forum that caters to swan questions and answers. A swan specialist told me that these animals are indeed in a safe environment where they are taken care of properly and well cared for. He also said that swans prefer to stay in smaller areas even when they have large areas to swim in. Please know that this property takes wonderful care of these beautiful animals. They treat them like family and they love them. Sharon, the manager on duty during our stay, was always looking out for them while we were there. Anytime a few people started to crowd around the swans pool areas she was immediately there to make sure that they were safe and that nobody was getting too close. She was so friendly that she gave my son some food and allowed him to feed them. We loved this hotel, the staff was wonderful and we will definitely be back. This hotel is amazing!

luv2snorkel0524,
Thank you for such a wondeful review! We are very blessed to have leaders and associates such as Sharon who are truly invested in ensuring our guests have a great experience. I am also very appreciative of your comments regarding Butch and Sundance. They are members of our family and the hotel team and I take their care and well being very seriously. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a high quality hotel. We stayed for two nights with our family or four. The suite with pull out bed enabled each child to have their own bed. Rooms are spacious. We found the staff to be VERY friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast and efficient. The breakfast include a wide range of items from fruit and yogurt to cereal and muffins to a made to order omelet or egg bar. At night the snacks are free during happy hour including a wide variety of drinks. Location is pretty convenient to most of the things we wanted to see during our visit such as LBJ library and iFly indoor skydiving. There are two graceful swans swimming around in the koi pond inside the hotel lobby. Great city. Great hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paul D, General Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Jebo S,
Thank you for such a great review! I appreciate your recognizing our wonderful staff and I am glad that our 2 room suites provided your family with plenty of space and you were able to enjoy our evening reception and cooked to order breakfast. Butch, Sundance and the rest of our team look forward to your families next visit to Austin!
Paul Davis

Been to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!