Choosing a hotel for a (2) day stay in Austin for my Fiancés Birthday was kind of hard. After all Austin does have a lot of hotels, but this hotel was excellent (just no other way to say it).
Once I checked in with friendly staff at the front desk I walked right up to Buth and Sundance the swans that make the Embassy Suites lobby their home. These beautiful animals share the hotel lobby waterfall with some very large gold fish (the swans are vegiterian). From there I took one of the two glads elevators to the 5th floor where my room was.
If you have stayed in an Embassy Suites then you are use to the seperate living room and separate bedroom. There wad a couch, a chair, and a work desk in the living room with blackout curtains. There was a counter with sink, coffee maker, refrigerator, and a microwave. Nothing missing - nothing to ask for.
The restroom had (3) regular towels and numerous hand towels. A hair dryer was on the counter, and several soaps were left which smelled good. Tissue for a runny nose and for the women a makeup mirror. Like in the old days - there is a phone on the bathroom (just dont flush and no one will be the wiser).
The bedroom was not lacking. I had a lot of pillows that kept my head afloat on a soft bed for a few minutes. The blackout curtains and the quiet air conditioning put me to sleep - fast. Not to complain about - at all.
There is a free breakfast in the morning, and a free happy hour in the evening. The happy hour served up any drink you wanted for free (wow!). The pool and hot tub were great and indoors. There was a workout facility that had some up to date equipment. A business office for computer access and printing. They have room service also.
If you want a clean comfortable room then I suggest this hotel. I will definately return as it was a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Austin – Arboretum, is only minutes away from downtown Austin and within walking distance of the Austin Arboretum’s shops and restaurants. Located 20 minutes from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, our Austin Arboretum hotel is close to dining, the business district and the Austin technology hub near Charles Schwab, IBM and Microsoft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Austin
- Embassy Suites Austin
- Arboretum Austin Embassy Suites
- Austin Embassy Suites