“Great staff and convenient location for our needs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum

You added Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9505 Stonelake Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop Arboretum Package
Ranked #20 of 187 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Great staff and convenient location for our needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We tend to visit Austin on a regular basis to see family. We have two hotels we prefer in the Arboretum area, one being the Embassy Suites. We have found the help to be extremely friendly and helpful. The overall appeal of the property is very good. The swans and Koi in the pond is a nice touch. I definitely want to commend the desk personnel upon our arrival for going above and beyond, they are Skye and Angela. Thank you ladies for your help with my mistake.

Room Tip: We had room 215, our only problem we had was when flushing the commode it made a strange noise in th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bridge City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My nine month old son and I tagged along on my husband's business trip. This hotel was surprisingly kid friendly. Plenty of space for his pack and play in the room. Indoor pool. He loved watching the swans. Close to lots of shopping. Clean rooms.

The first night of our stay we were sent to another hotel due to over booking but the staff made it up to us by placing goodies and an apology note in our room the next day. Very nice gesture.

We were really pleased with our stay and will be returning for a few days in January.

• Stayed September 2012
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Shan2E, thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experiences at Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We aplogize again for the inconvenience you and your family suffered but are very appreciative you will return to us in the future.

We look forward to seeing you and your family with us again.

Waxahachie, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I wanted to say how pleased we were in our stay at the Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We came down for a soccer tournament with U17 boys and the families. Great experience. All the hotel staff was very professional, kind and attentive. The management was very top notch. The breakfast was excellent. Loved the omelets. Rooms were very spacious and clean. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alex S., thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience at Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We're glad you had as you described a "Great Experience".

We look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed for a week in July 2012 on business. Having stayed in a number of other hotels in the Austin area, I keep coming back to this one (this was my third visit).

As you'd expect in Texas, the customer service and staff are really top notch, always pleased to help you with anything. So check-in is always a breeze.

The rooms are huge, really huge! With a separate living area (small desk, sofa, chairs, large TV) at the front of the suite and then a sleeping area at the back (huge king bed, lots of wardrobe space, large desk and a second large TV), the rooms are a delight. Spotlessly clean and well equipped. There's a kitchenette area with a filter coffee machine (and free coffee), microwave and refrigerator. The rooms really are home from home and I imagine that a long-term stay here would be quite a pleasure. There's free WiFi too.

The hotel has a business area, swimming pool, some fitness equipment (I didn't use it) and a large lobby/bar/dining area on the ground floor. Plus a small shop next to reception where you can buy soft drinks, sweets (candy) and those travel essentials you forgot. There is ample car parking all around the hotel.

Within walking distance (2 mins) there's an Italian restaurant (family style), a texmex restaurant and just 5 minutes away a North-by-Northwest pub/restaurant with their nice selection of micro-brewed beers and good very reasonably priced food. There's also a Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, other shops and another restaurant I don't remember the name of. A colleague of mine walked 10 minutes to a nearby movie theatre. So if you stay here and prefer not to rent a car, then you will find some places to shop and eat on foot. Don't get me wrong, this is not a pedestrian zone or nearby a shopping mall, but neither is it miles from anywhere as many hotels in the US tend to be.

The hotel offers what they call "manager's reception" between 5 and 7 each evening which basically means nachos and a free bar (excluding spirits). In the mornings a hot breakfast is available (omelettes/eggs cooked to order) plus the usual wide selection of juices, breads, fruit and cereals. It's these two features which bring me here rather then the hotel right next door (which I have also stayed in). Start the day with a good breakfast and end it with a complimentary beer! Perfect.

At weekends and during holiday periods, the hotel fills up with families on mini-breaks, and it can get quite busy around the pool and in the breakfast area, but for a mid-week traveller these are not an issue.

If I could change just one thing about this hotel, it would be to remove the two swans which live in the pond in the lobby (yes, they are real). What was I'm sure was considered a "feature" a few years ago now just seems a bit wrong.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Ric;hard M. thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your July stay with Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum.

We appreciate your recommendation" Overall, highly recommended, perfect for business and I'm sure equally good for a family."

We look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you to Austin, TX.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A couple of friends stayed here for the weekend had no complaints. We had requested adjacent rooms and got them with no problems at all. The best part was the breakfast. Made to order omelettes, french toast, bacon, and all the eggs you can eat. Great coffee too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed here on business about sixty nights over the last eighteen months, and the best characterization I can make is that it is like the bar in Cheers; a place where everyone knows your name. And it was like that from my first trip.

I've never been disappointed and highly recommend this hotel to my friends and co-workers travelling to the Austin area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Mark A, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are grateful you keep choosing us as your Austin hotel of choice.

We always look forward to you returning, and we'll always know your name.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business. The stay was excellent and the hotel staff were very friendly. This is a great place to stay!! I needed to check in early since I would be out all day and with no problems I able to check in. In addition, the happy hour that is free is great. They do not cut corners with their drinks or food servings. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear rsdebate, thank you so much for the positive comments regarding your business trip to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We especially like how you recognized our staff for their friendly service. Also good to hear you enjoyed our complimentary drinks and snacks at our evening Manager's Reception.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Thank you.

Been to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!