“Thoroughly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum

You added Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9505 Stonelake Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop Arboretum Package
Ranked #20 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed for a week in July 2012 on business. Having stayed in a number of other hotels in the Austin area, I keep coming back to this one (this was my third visit).

As you'd expect in Texas, the customer service and staff are really top notch, always pleased to help you with anything. So check-in is always a breeze.

The rooms are huge, really huge! With a separate living area (small desk, sofa, chairs, large TV) at the front of the suite and then a sleeping area at the back (huge king bed, lots of wardrobe space, large desk and a second large TV), the rooms are a delight. Spotlessly clean and well equipped. There's a kitchenette area with a filter coffee machine (and free coffee), microwave and refrigerator. The rooms really are home from home and I imagine that a long-term stay here would be quite a pleasure. There's free WiFi too.

The hotel has a business area, swimming pool, some fitness equipment (I didn't use it) and a large lobby/bar/dining area on the ground floor. Plus a small shop next to reception where you can buy soft drinks, sweets (candy) and those travel essentials you forgot. There is ample car parking all around the hotel.

Within walking distance (2 mins) there's an Italian restaurant (family style), a texmex restaurant and just 5 minutes away a North-by-Northwest pub/restaurant with their nice selection of micro-brewed beers and good very reasonably priced food. There's also a Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, other shops and another restaurant I don't remember the name of. A colleague of mine walked 10 minutes to a nearby movie theatre. So if you stay here and prefer not to rent a car, then you will find some places to shop and eat on foot. Don't get me wrong, this is not a pedestrian zone or nearby a shopping mall, but neither is it miles from anywhere as many hotels in the US tend to be.

The hotel offers what they call "manager's reception" between 5 and 7 each evening which basically means nachos and a free bar (excluding spirits). In the mornings a hot breakfast is available (omelettes/eggs cooked to order) plus the usual wide selection of juices, breads, fruit and cereals. It's these two features which bring me here rather then the hotel right next door (which I have also stayed in). Start the day with a good breakfast and end it with a complimentary beer! Perfect.

At weekends and during holiday periods, the hotel fills up with families on mini-breaks, and it can get quite busy around the pool and in the breakfast area, but for a mid-week traveller these are not an issue.

If I could change just one thing about this hotel, it would be to remove the two swans which live in the pond in the lobby (yes, they are real). What was I'm sure was considered a "feature" a few years ago now just seems a bit wrong.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Ric;hard M. thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your July stay with Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum.

We appreciate your recommendation" Overall, highly recommended, perfect for business and I'm sure equally good for a family."

We look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you to Austin, TX.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A couple of friends stayed here for the weekend had no complaints. We had requested adjacent rooms and got them with no problems at all. The best part was the breakfast. Made to order omelettes, french toast, bacon, and all the eggs you can eat. Great coffee too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed here on business about sixty nights over the last eighteen months, and the best characterization I can make is that it is like the bar in Cheers; a place where everyone knows your name. And it was like that from my first trip.

I've never been disappointed and highly recommend this hotel to my friends and co-workers travelling to the Austin area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Mark A, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are grateful you keep choosing us as your Austin hotel of choice.

We always look forward to you returning, and we'll always know your name.

Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week for business. The stay was excellent and the hotel staff were very friendly. This is a great place to stay!! I needed to check in early since I would be out all day and with no problems I able to check in. In addition, the happy hour that is free is great. They do not cut corners with their drinks or food servings. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear rsdebate, thank you so much for the positive comments regarding your business trip to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We especially like how you recognized our staff for their friendly service. Also good to hear you enjoyed our complimentary drinks and snacks at our evening Manager's Reception.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Thank you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a well-trained staff running a well-appointed property that has a good fitness center and plenty of nearby restaurants. The location is convenient to freeways. this hotel is all business. We'll stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear acoulter: Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay at Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We're glad you found our facilities and location son convenient for you. Hope you had the chance to enjoy our free cooked to order breakfast and evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks.

Look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Thanks again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here last week while in Austin for a business training. It was a long week for me, but the staff of the hotel made me feel right at home. I was able to relax and not worry about anything while I was in the hotel. From the moment I checked in to the afternoon I checked out, every single staff member I encountered on my trip was friendly and accommodating. The staff does an excellent job of anticipating guests' needs. For example, my seasonal allergies are horrible and I ran out of tissue one night so I had a roll of toilet paper on my night stand. When I got back to my room the next evening, there was an extra box of tissues next to my bed in addition to the refilled box in my bathroom. Sounds simple, but it really made my night to know they paid that close of attention to my needs without being asked.

Great made to order breakfast, excellent happy hour, peaceful ambiance, beautiful swans, clean and organized rooms, and a first rate manager and staff all add up to a very pleasant stay. I will be staying here exclusively for any future business trips I have in the area and I have already, and will continue to recommend this hotel to my colleagues, friends, and family.

Room Tip: The side of the hotel that faces the Baby Acapulco restaurant can get a little noisy on the weekend...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Liz V, thank you for writing such a comprehensive account of your stay with us at Embassy Suites Austin Arboretum.
We appreciate you enjoyed our free cooked to order breakfast, cocktails at the Manger's Reception and our suties, but especially we appreciate your recognition of our staff and the service they provided: "the staff does an excellent job of anticipating guests' needs."

We are so glad we could be of service in the situation you described.

Hope to see you back with us the next time your travels take you to Austin.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites in the Arboretum several times over the past eight years or so, and it is our go-to hotel in Austin. The hotel is large, squeaky-clean, and comfortable, and the staff work hard to make things just right. The free cooked breakfast is a real amenity -- think what you'd spend by going out -- and Biljana, the lady who does the breakfast short-order cooking, is a national treasure who deserves a raise. Drinks and various munchies are on offer each evening too.

The surrounding area includes just about every shopping option one could wish, as well as a number of really good restaurants at various price levels. The Arboretum area might seem remote from the center of town, but it's not that far out MoPac, 183, and TX 360 ("Capital of TX Highway"); true, you need to strategize traffic at various times of day, but that is true everywhere in Austin. North of the hotel the Domain area has taken off in terms of development, and there is also much going on in Round Rock, so in many ways the Arboretum is a central location for the burgeoning North Austin region.

We'll be back -- of the several places where we've stayed in Austin, over many years, the E Suites suits us best --

Room Tip: We like the upper floors, which are quieter; if you get a room on the west side of the house during...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Itinerant_scholar , thank you for writing such a comprehensive account of your stay at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum.

We truly appreciate that we are your Austin Hotel of choice. We are well aware that you have many to choose from. Thanks for coming back to us.

See you next time!

Been to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!