I stayed for a week in July 2012 on business. Having stayed in a number of other hotels in the Austin area, I keep coming back to this one (this was my third visit).
As you'd expect in Texas, the customer service and staff are really top notch, always pleased to help you with anything. So check-in is always a breeze.
The rooms are huge, really huge! With a separate living area (small desk, sofa, chairs, large TV) at the front of the suite and then a sleeping area at the back (huge king bed, lots of wardrobe space, large desk and a second large TV), the rooms are a delight. Spotlessly clean and well equipped. There's a kitchenette area with a filter coffee machine (and free coffee), microwave and refrigerator. The rooms really are home from home and I imagine that a long-term stay here would be quite a pleasure. There's free WiFi too.
The hotel has a business area, swimming pool, some fitness equipment (I didn't use it) and a large lobby/bar/dining area on the ground floor. Plus a small shop next to reception where you can buy soft drinks, sweets (candy) and those travel essentials you forgot. There is ample car parking all around the hotel.
Within walking distance (2 mins) there's an Italian restaurant (family style), a texmex restaurant and just 5 minutes away a North-by-Northwest pub/restaurant with their nice selection of micro-brewed beers and good very reasonably priced food. There's also a Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, other shops and another restaurant I don't remember the name of. A colleague of mine walked 10 minutes to a nearby movie theatre. So if you stay here and prefer not to rent a car, then you will find some places to shop and eat on foot. Don't get me wrong, this is not a pedestrian zone or nearby a shopping mall, but neither is it miles from anywhere as many hotels in the US tend to be.
The hotel offers what they call "manager's reception" between 5 and 7 each evening which basically means nachos and a free bar (excluding spirits). In the mornings a hot breakfast is available (omelettes/eggs cooked to order) plus the usual wide selection of juices, breads, fruit and cereals. It's these two features which bring me here rather then the hotel right next door (which I have also stayed in). Start the day with a good breakfast and end it with a complimentary beer! Perfect.
At weekends and during holiday periods, the hotel fills up with families on mini-breaks, and it can get quite busy around the pool and in the breakfast area, but for a mid-week traveller these are not an issue.
If I could change just one thing about this hotel, it would be to remove the two swans which live in the pond in the lobby (yes, they are real). What was I'm sure was considered a "feature" a few years ago now just seems a bit wrong.
Overall, highly recommended, perfect for business and I'm sure equally good for a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Austin – Arboretum, is only minutes away from downtown Austin and within walking distance of the Austin Arboretum’s shops and restaurants. Located 20 minutes from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, our Austin Arboretum hotel is close to dining, the business district and the Austin technology hub near Charles Schwab, IBM and Microsoft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Austin
- Embassy Suites Austin
- Arboretum Austin Embassy Suites
- Austin Embassy Suites