“Excellent Business Lodging” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum

You added Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9505 Stonelake Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Shop Arboretum Package
Ranked #26 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Business Lodging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a well-trained staff running a well-appointed property that has a good fitness center and plenty of nearby restaurants. The location is convenient to freeways. this hotel is all business. We'll stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear acoulter: Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay at Embassy Suites Austin-Arboretum. We're glad you found our facilities and location son convenient for you. Hope you had the chance to enjoy our free cooked to order breakfast and evening reception with complimentary drinks and snacks.

Look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here last week while in Austin for a business training. It was a long week for me, but the staff of the hotel made me feel right at home. I was able to relax and not worry about anything while I was in the hotel. From the moment I checked in to the afternoon I checked out, every single staff member I encountered on my trip was friendly and accommodating. The staff does an excellent job of anticipating guests' needs. For example, my seasonal allergies are horrible and I ran out of tissue one night so I had a roll of toilet paper on my night stand. When I got back to my room the next evening, there was an extra box of tissues next to my bed in addition to the refilled box in my bathroom. Sounds simple, but it really made my night to know they paid that close of attention to my needs without being asked.

Great made to order breakfast, excellent happy hour, peaceful ambiance, beautiful swans, clean and organized rooms, and a first rate manager and staff all add up to a very pleasant stay. I will be staying here exclusively for any future business trips I have in the area and I have already, and will continue to recommend this hotel to my colleagues, friends, and family.

Room Tip: The side of the hotel that faces the Baby Acapulco restaurant can get a little noisy on the weekend...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Liz V, thank you for writing such a comprehensive account of your stay with us at Embassy Suites Austin Arboretum.
We appreciate you enjoyed our free cooked to order breakfast, cocktails at the Manger's Reception and our suties, but especially we appreciate your recognition of our staff and the service they provided: "the staff does an excellent job of anticipating guests' needs."

We are so glad we could be of service in the situation you described.

Hope to see you back with us the next time your travels take you to Austin.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites in the Arboretum several times over the past eight years or so, and it is our go-to hotel in Austin. The hotel is large, squeaky-clean, and comfortable, and the staff work hard to make things just right. The free cooked breakfast is a real amenity -- think what you'd spend by going out -- and Biljana, the lady who does the breakfast short-order cooking, is a national treasure who deserves a raise. Drinks and various munchies are on offer each evening too.

The surrounding area includes just about every shopping option one could wish, as well as a number of really good restaurants at various price levels. The Arboretum area might seem remote from the center of town, but it's not that far out MoPac, 183, and TX 360 ("Capital of TX Highway"); true, you need to strategize traffic at various times of day, but that is true everywhere in Austin. North of the hotel the Domain area has taken off in terms of development, and there is also much going on in Round Rock, so in many ways the Arboretum is a central location for the burgeoning North Austin region.

We'll be back -- of the several places where we've stayed in Austin, over many years, the E Suites suits us best --

Room Tip: We like the upper floors, which are quieter; if you get a room on the west side of the house during...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Itinerant_scholar , thank you for writing such a comprehensive account of your stay at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum.

We truly appreciate that we are your Austin Hotel of choice. We are well aware that you have many to choose from. Thanks for coming back to us.

See you next time!
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites, while checking out UT Austin. I visited with my parents.

The hotel room was clean and set up nicely -- there was a living room area separate from the bedroom, which worked well for anyone who wanted to get up earlier/stay up later. We picked a non-smoking room which was in a small hallway, which was very quiet. The hotel was also lovely. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were a delicious treat!

We picked the hotel because it was a less expensive option than staying downtown. That said, it really isn't far from downtown. I joked with my mom that everything was 15-20 minutes away. We drove to the Roy Kizer golf course each morning to drop my dad off for a round (15 minutes). Downtown, warehouse, UT area, S. Congress Ave were equally as close. For anyone who likes to shop, the Neiman Marcus and other stores at Domain were 5 minutes from the hotel. Overall, the location worked well for us, and I imagine if I end up at UT my family wouldn't mind staying there again.

As an extra for the shop-o-holics, we thought the Kendra Scott store on S. Congress Avenue was a great find. We were familiar with her jewelry and pleasantly surprised to learn it was headquartered in Austin. The color bar allows you to customize jewelry. Great for anyone looking for a personal gift to take home to remember Austin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear tapicella, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum. We have many guests say the same thing: " We picked the hotel because it was a less expensive option than staying downtown. That said, it really isn't far from downtown." Glad your Dad found our location ideal for Golf and you found us close to shopping and of course your visit to University of Texas.

Hope you decide on UT Go Horns!

Thanks again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The entire staff at the Embassy Suites is always warm, accommodating and professional. The Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable - Breakfast is always delicious, quick and served with smiles - the evening Hospitality hour is relaxing and fun - and Butch and Sundance are always entertaining. Hotel is conveniently located near good restaurants and the Complimentary hotel Shuttle is easy to reserve.

France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times for business. The hotel is easy to get to and is convenient for the freeway. There are a reasonable number of bars and restaurants in the area so plenty of choices for eating out. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu but the food is OK if you choose to eat in. The hotel facilities are fine - comfortable and clean. The restaurant and bar staff are great, the front desk staff are pleasant but don't really go the extra mile.

Management really should consider putting in guest laundry facilities and I'm not sure about the captive swans... it seems a shame to have 2 swans cooped up in a little indoor pool.

I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip as other members of my group decided to stay in the hotel, at first I was not sure about the choice but once I got to the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. Was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, the lobby was hotel grounds were clean. The room was spacious and clean and since I do belong to the Hilton Honors program there was a small basket of snacks and personal note from the hotel management, the bed though not a Hilton Serenity bed (what I am used too when I travel) the bed was very comfortable.

The cooked to order breakfast and buffet (Eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, danishes cereal) included was good, and the managers cocktail reception in the lobby during the evenings (complementary drinks) was also a nice way to relax in the evening.

I would recommend staying at the hotel, one thing to think about if you are looking to go to Austin for more downtown activities this hotel is 20 minutes from downtown and would look hotels closer to downtown or you will be disappointed because of distance. Over all I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum? Share your experiences!