“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Andrews, Texas
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010 via mobile

Good breakfast. Great coffee bar. Service people seemed rushed and unable to properly serve their customers. Will stay again though.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I am long time Honors member and hate to write something bad, because there have been many times that I should have written something good about other Hilton brand locations and didn't. Upon check in we found one of those Texas sized flying wood cock roaches walking on the elevator buttons that we needed to press. Killed it with my shoe and then when we got to our floor and found another one right where the elevator door opened. It was late at night so my wife did not immediately make us leave but if we had found another one in the room we would have left. The room really was not up to par with what we always experience at other locations i.e. paint was chipping and toilet did not flush properly (room 601). Also no refrigerator or room safe ( I am sure that was listed on the amenities page so no fault of hotel, just FYI). On the plus side the staff were very friendly, especially the nice lady in charge of breakfast and the lady who checked us in who moved us to a better room location at her own discretion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Justed wanted to take a weekend getaway with my husband, without the kids. I picked the city and began searching for a decent, reasonably price hotel. My choices were narrowed down to three hotels. I am so happy I followed my mine!!!! I called the hotel direct before I made the online reservation, to ask a few questions. Best thing I could have done. I got a chance to speak with a hoel representative, she set the tone for everything. She made me feel excited about our trip, she not only answered all my questions, she made me feel "special", and advised me of proximty of the mall and attractions I might like to visit. Then, once we arrived the hotel staff was very friendly, and willing to make our stay enjoyable. Can not wait until our next getaway. Oh, the room was great too, from the comfort of the bed to decoration and price!!! ALL GREAT.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Key Largo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I wasn't sure if staying this far out of town would work for us, but it's been no problem. It's close to Whole Foods and only 15 minutes to town. It's crowded here with Graduation Weekend at UT, so a bit noisy, but OK.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

My friends are building a new house so they've downsized to an apartment. Your hotel was just 10 minutes from their place so getting together was a breeze. Your location was perfect. My room was quiet, clean, spacious and provided all the comforts of home. I slept like a baby. To plan our activities we used the PC in the lobby a couple of times and printed directions to two destinations which was much appreciated. Thanks for making my visit so easy and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I was originally a bit hesitant to reserve due to the location, but it turns out its actually a great location, near all the mayor highways, shops and restaurants.
The beds are very comfortable, the breakfest is very tasty, and the service is great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I recently stayed 3 nights in this hotel for my kid's tennis tournament. We were in a great location for dining/shopping, and the hotel was very easy to get to. All of the staff did a great job and the free breakfast had a wide variety of foods, including eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit. Coffee is available all day! The rooms were pretty soundproof, which was good for me since I'm a light sleeper. Housekeeping staff did a great job about replenishing toiletries, and we always had plenty of towels. The pool looked nice, but it was not warm enough outside to go swimming yet--maybe next time!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!