“Good Facility but needs modern updates” 4 of 5 stars

The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #9 of 182 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, United States
“Good Facility but needs modern updates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Facility lacks modern looks and updates available in other comparable facilities. Excellent Staff Attitude and helpfulness. Great location. Great Rates. The Room A/C unit was very noisy caused disturbance when it turned on at night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Hernal P,

Once again I want to thank you for being so kind as to submit two separate reviews about our hotel. I am very thrilled that you enjoyed our staff and I do want you to know that I do take all guest concerns very seriously. I have had my maintenance team follow up with the AC in that room and I will be passing your comments along to my upper management about our modern updates. Thank you for your patronage and I hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future.

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Not a bad experience, but not what I expected. We looked into the usual spot under the tv, for the fridge and microwave and surprise...nothing there! A little dark, a tiny bit run down and somewhat noisy. Overall, not the experience I've had from New England to Texas, for Hampton Inn.

A major initial complaint: The layout of the hotel and it's familiar logo sign....just stupid.
Austin is almost solid with beautiful, large, oak trees.....but placing your marquee about three feet from a 60 ft tall tree completely hides it....so looking for the place in one direction is impossible and not all that easy to find, when coming from the other direction. Hopefully your OnStar or GPS will save you. The building itself can be found by the only sign I actually saw on the building: "Clearance 15 feet". We narrowed it down, from all the other buildings in this heavily wooded series of driveways, by the tiny Hilton parking signs on some of the spaces. Walking past a motorcycle parked by the front door, we were there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Falconfling1,

I want to begin by saying that I am truly apologetic for the experience that you had when you visited our hotel. I can assure you that we work very hard to make sure that our guests are pleased when they visit us and it is always disappointing to me when we fail. In regards to the refrigerators and microwaves, I am working very closely with our corporate office to continue our stocking of these items into our rooms. Currently we do feature refrigerators in a majority of our rooms, but unfortunately it seems, we did not have that in your room. However, we do have some extras on property and are always willing to fulfill a request for one as well. While we are not a Hampton Inn & Suites property our rooms do not automatically feature these items and we do not advertise as such on our website to avoid any sort of confusion, so I hope we did not mis-inform you in any way. In regards to the sign issue, I will certainly be looking into trimming that tree in order for better vision of the sign. I am also incredibly disappointed to see that you felt that we were dark and run-down as we work very hard to maintain our property on a daily basis. However, I have taken all of your comments to heart and I will continue to push our property to do better in this regard. I hope I have been able to answer some of your frustrations and I do sincerely wish that we will be able to serve you again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Austin and was pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of the staff (they remembered me from a previous trip) , the quality of the gym equipment, and the location of the hotel. There was a Costco, Target, and others located close by the hotel.

The gym equipment Seemed very new and worked fine! That is a very important thing I look for when travelling.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, I did not have any noise and got complimentary Internet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for sharing your kind review about our property! It is always pleasing to know that a guest had a satisfactory stay with us, as this is something we work for every day! I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Rio Rancho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If it wasn’t for the uncomfortable mattress I would say my experience at this particular Hampton surpassed all of the other (30 plus) Hampton’s I have stayed at. Every hotel staff associate we encountered seemed happy and they were all very friendly. The entire property appeared to be in top notch shape and extremely clean. Every time we walked between our room and car we encountered hotel staff cleaning some portion of the property. Finally, the breakfast was excellent all three days even with large crowds. It’s obvious that this property is very well managed!

Dear Patrick L,

First I want to apologize for the inconvenience that you faced during your stay at our hotel. I can assure you that the Hampton Line is known for having the "heavenly" matresses and I have certainly taken care of replacing the one in the room that you stayed in. However, I must also thank you for still submitting such a nice review about our property. It really is nice of you to still give us the high rankings that you did even with the inconvenience that you faced. I certainly welcome you back to the property and I would be happy to have you contact me directly and allow me to ensure that your next stay is problem free!

F. Michael Aguilar
Front Office Manager
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I read all the reviews and thought that this place was solid. My check-in was nice and pleasant enough but the room smelled like urine and I had to change rooms immediately upon check-in. The clerk was apologetic but I still had to move and it was not a nice ending to a not so great day.

Room Tip: These rooms are way over priced for the value. The breakfast is just okay and the room itself was no...
Green Features: They seem to waste a lot of paper during checking but other than that they seem to be eco-friendly.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Carrina M,

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize for the inconvenience that you dealt with at our property. I am the Front Office Manager for our property and I was alerted by my Guest Service Agent about the issue with your room and I have to say that I am truly upset that I was unable to follow up with you myself. We do hold ourselves to a high level of expectation and when we are unable to provide a satisfactory stay for our guests it is truly disappointing. I have already dealt with making sure the original room was deep cleaned and I will be submitting a request for Hilton Honors points in your name due to the inconvenience you faced. I just want to apologize once again and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I feel that if given the opportunity, we will not fail you again.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We moved over to this Hampton Inn after a not-so-nice experience at another nearby hotel (I won't say which one it was, but the desk clerk at the Embassy was not very Sweet...). We were delighted with the move -- Rose Brown and her staff gave us a wonderful welcome and a lot of smiles throughout our stay. The room, like the rest of the property, had been recently renovated and was clear and comfy. The location is a plus as well -- it's easy (well, as easy as traffic allows -- some strategizing can be necessary) to get to all parts of Austin from the Arboretum area, there are lots of good places to eat in the vicinity, and pretty much every sort of shopping or service can be found close by. I think we've found our new home-away-from-home in the Austin area -- this place offers extremely good value for money --

Room Tip: Upper floors, away from the elevators, tend to be quieter, although even with two (!) wedding partie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AUSNWManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Itinerant_Scholar,

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is so wonderful to know that our guests are enjoying our hotel, but to also read that you have selected us as your choice hotel in Austin is incredibly humbling. Thank you for allowing us to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Earlville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first time at this particular hotel, though we have been coming to Austin regularly for years. We were welcomed warmly, checked in efficiently and had a fine stay (6 days). The location is close to several main arterial highways and you can get to almost any location (barring rush hours) fairly quickly. There are loads of amenities in the area...restaurants, several shopping centers including Arboretum and The Domain, grocery stores, specialty shops like Pier 1 and World Market. Parking is free and the breakfast is adequate if not elaborate...cereals, toast, juices, muffins and sweet rolls as well as waffles and a hot item or two (scrambled eggs and sausage or biscuits and sausage gravy). Hot drinks are available all day as well as fruit. I can recommend this location...rates are reasonable and the friendly staff are a huge plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear GrandmaB76,

What a wonderful review you posted about our property! I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again in the near future!!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!