“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Arthur, Texas
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff, especially Charles and Rose, were very helpful. This is about the 5th time we have stayed at this hotel and always find friendliness, clean and comfortable rooms, good breakfasts, quick check-ins and are able to get in the room early if it is ready. Staff has always been able to answer our "Austin questions," too.

Room Tip: Rooms with uneven numbers are on the pool side of the hotel.
Green Features: There is a hanger card to designate if you want your towels washed daily or wish to use them a second time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hi Linda B!

We are very pleased that you have taken the time to post a review about our property, and we welcome the wonderful feedback that you have given. I monitor every response that it posted and it pleases me and gives my staff a big boost to know that we have succeeded in continuing to earn your business! I do also want to thank you for adding your property tip and also mention that we are perfectly happy with taking guest requests that specify where a guest would like the location of their room to be, as we want to ensure a pleasant stay with all of our guests. Again, thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to continue serving you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
naples, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

purchased stay of two days through groupon with incentive of a bottle of local wine each night... might be good for disinfecting drains, but not even sure about that. Staff had inability to check in numerous guests and actually waited until exactly 3:00 to check in guests to the lobby was crowded awaiting their magic check in time.

Dear Jonie M,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property, we monitor every survey that is posted about our property and take all feedback very seriously. I also want to apologize for any inconvenience you faced at our property, we really do strive to give each guest our idea of a perfect stay and therefore (in regards to your stay) feel as though we failed along the way. In regards to the wine, while this is a limited engagement set specifically for our Living Social guests I have addressed the issue with upper management and we are now varying the types of wine given out, however I do want to make sure that our guests are not being misinformed as the Living Social deal does not mention a local wine. In regards to our posted check in time of 3pm, I do apologize that it did come down to being exactly 3pm before the desk checked in guests and I am working very closely with my Housekeeping department to ensure that we are not causing any further lapses in guest stays; in regards to wait time at check in. Again, we do appreciate your business and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and provide a guest stay that is more customary to our property.
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great price for a weekend stay with Living Social. Definitely no complaints with our stay last weekend. Very friendly and accommodating staff, clean room, and comfortable bed. Always enjoy the selection with the breakfast at Hamptons. Not the best hot food, but for the price it works.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Peter!

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful compliments about our property. We are very pleased to be working with Living Social and have gained some loyal customers from the experience, and are very proud. In regards to our breakfast, we take guest comments very seriously and I will personally be keeping an eye on our breakfast and ensuring it is up to our expectations. Once again Peter I want to thank you for sharing your inspirational comments, my staff loves to hear when they are succeeding. We welcome you to join us again at our property any time and look forward to seeing you again.
Tyler, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stay in Hilton branded hotels all over and typically choose the Hampton over others because of the great beds and breakfast. This particular location was not up to the regular standard. It was obvious that only a surface facelift had been done but the bones were still in need of updating. The floor in my bedroom was sticky and I couldn't even walk around without shoes because of the gross floor. The ac was still an older unit and was very noisy. I expected a much better facility for the cost compared to other hotels in the area and this one was not even one with mini fridges or microwaves in the rooms. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ginger,

I want to first take a moment to thank you for supplying your feedback about our property, and secondly apologize for the inconvenient stay you encountered with us. We strive to provide every guest with the "perfect stay" and it does upset us when we learn that we have failed at this goal. In regards to your exact situation, I have met with my executive housekeeper as well as the housekeeper who was assigned to your room to ensure that situations like yours do not arise in the future. I have also escalated the condition of this room to my General Manager and we have taken the steps to replace the carpeting in this room to bring the room back up to our property standard. We are also in the process of adding refridgerators into our rooms and currently have them in a majority of the hotel, which is why we have refrained from advertising them as part of our hotel experience. However, we do understand the conveninence of having them which is why we pay close attention to guest requests and are forwarding this information to upward management in hopes of accelerating the process. We have a high level of quality that we expect from our hotel and when our guests have a contradictory experience it certainly makes us take notice and immediately correct the problem. I hope that you will join us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to provide you with a better guest experience that is more customary to our property. Once again, I want to apologize on behalf of my property and if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

F. Michael Aguilar
Guest Service Manager
Ph: 512-349-9898
Email: francisco.aguilar@hilton.com
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a buddy's wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If Eric Ramirez is on duty he will take care of you. The staff really cares about their guests. Can't do better than this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AUSNWManager, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Christopher H!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words about our property. I have also forwarded them to Eric and he was very appreciative of your compliment. We do strive to provide our guests with a stay that we ourselves would like to have, and it's nice to hear when we've succeeded at that. Once again thank you so much for staying with us and we would certainly love you have you again!
Orland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton and were very happy overall. The staff were friendly, professional and very helpful. The rooms were large and the beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was fabulous served daily in the lobby sitting area. We will be back and we have already booked a return trip. Mary Lou

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool were very pleasant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AUSNWManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hi Mary Lou! Again, Thank you so much for all your praises! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We travel with a small non-shedding well-behaved older dog, and it's difficult to find places that allow dogs. This Hampton Inn allows small well-behaved pets at no extra charge. Kudos to them for recognizing that not all dogs are slobbering and shedding machines of destruction. Many places bill themselves as "pet-friendly" but charge an additional $20-$75/night "pet fee", which we find incredibly distasteful. Most pets are better behaved than people. With no added fee, this Hampton Inn is truly "pet friendly". You do sign something saying that you're responsible for any damages, etc., which is reasonable.

The room was spacious, comfortable, clean, and quiet. The front desk staff, especially Jane, were very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi SPaws! Thank you so much for sharing with the world how your trip was while staying with us! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a stress-free stay with your little 4-legged family member :) We love pets and want their owners to be at ease when traveling with them, we know it's not always easy. Thanks again, and I hope we see you again!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!