“Delightful surprise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest

You added Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3908 West Braker Lane, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #14 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Newington, Connecticut
“Delightful surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to the start of the Austin 3M Half Marathon and was surprised by what I found. The accomodations were better than I had expected and the staff was nothing short of amazing. They were friendly and helpful and accomodating across the board. The women at the front desk can't do enough to be helpful (Rose and Amber are terrific). There is fresh coffee all day and a variety of teas too. The breakfast is also better than most and there is a nice selection of fruit available all day. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Joannm1967:

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback. I will definitely share with Rose and Amber that you were pleased with their hospitality. We have a great team here at our property and I am glad they made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Austin. Thanks Again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Rooms are loud because the hotel is close to a highway and a busy artery street. Woke up and asked for the "local transportation" advertised on the website to get a ride 1 mile. Got a surly front desk clerk/manager who proceeded to tell me that the shuttle was only available with 24 hour notice (I only checked in hours earlier) and that it doesn't matter what it says on the website, I could order a cab if I wanted local transportation. My colleagues stayed at other hotels - this one is managed like a lower priced property and isn't worthy of it s brand as I have found many Hampton Inns worthy of their reputation and living their 100% satisfaction guarantee on more than the website.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bob W:

We sincerely apologize and take full responsibility for your inconvenience. It is our goal to deliver exceptional service to each and every guest. It is truly unfortunate that you did not receive that service. We do share a shuttle for 2 hotels and it is a popular service. Regardless, we should've made other accommodations for you. I do hope that you arrived to your destination in a timely manner despite the mishap you encountered. We truly value your business and appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. If you do decide to come back in the future, we would love to make it up to you and show you what we truly have to offer. Please feel free to contact me at nword@vistahost.net so I can get your full contact information and apologize to you directly. Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing us for your stay.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by our 3day stay at this holel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We loved the southwestern decor in the lobby and rooms, including all the photographs and pictures. Our room was very clean, included a nice couch, and the bed was heavenly. Each night's sleep was restful and undisturbed--very quiet hotel! We ate breakfast in the lobby each day--liked the long high table with comphy stools. Breakfast was quite good--lots of choices. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi Kristine C-

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay and I am delighted to hear that! I am glad that you were able to rest comfortably while you were away from home. Thank you for giving our readers a thorough review of our hotel so they know what to expect. That was very kind of you and I hope we get to welcome you back the next time you head back to Austin!
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent a night here on our way through the area. I had chosen this one based on other reviews. The place is clean, quiet, and pleasant.

The room was very nice. The breakfast was a bit above average. The price was very fair.

The best thing by far was the night manager--I think her name is Rose. She went so far out of her way to make us happy and comfortable. She did everything but tuck us in!

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We got a corner room on the 3rd floor that had easy access to the stairs and was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Qbeing-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is much appreciated! I am thrilled to hear that Rose made your stay more enjoyable. Our team members work hard everyday to make sure all of our guests are taken care of. We recognize that you are traveling and away from home and expect the very best. So, we strive to deliver the very best! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Cleburne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I choose to stay at the Hampton Arboretum because of the courteous staff and excelllent accommodations. The rooms and workout area are always clean and fully stocked. And, the breakfast offered is far more than adequate for the price of the rooms. I have been using this facility 3-4 times a year for the past two years. I have never had a bad experience and will continue to stay here in the future. I'm surprised to read that someone encountered a staff member who failed to meet their expectations. This hasn't ever been my experience and I'm sure was an isolated incident.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Tom H.-

Thank you so much for your response! We are delighted to hear about your fantastic stays here at our hotel. It is our goal to exceed your expectations every time you visit! Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

After traveling all day, you just want to relax when you get to the hotel. Unfortunately, that was not an option here. We walked in to find a broken crib and s dirty bed. U rang the front desk 3 times before someone finally answered--and she did so with an unprofessional "heloooo" (in an sir-headed, valley girl way). When I asked for a new crib, she rudely contradicted me and insisted it could not possibly be broken--despite its sagging walls and bent legs. No one deserves to be treated in such a condescending way--let alone by some bubble head who seems never to made it past 8th grade. So, I will NOT be coming back to this dump, even if the room were free.

• Stayed December 2012
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Houstonian12:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback and we are sincerely sorry for the dissatisfaction of your stay. It is our goal to deliver exceptional service and I am disappointed that you did not receive that experience with us. We did want to let you know that we have checked all of our pack-and-plays and are happy to report that we have not found any that are broken. However, you obviously did have an issue with yours so if you could please contact me directly to discuss the specific problem you had with it (in case we missed something during our check) as well as the dates of your stay so that we may determine who handled your request, I would greatly appreciate it. We do take issues like this very seriously and want to ensure that it is addressed. I truly appreciate your time and I can be contacted directly at nword@vistahost.net. I thank you in advance!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had a great time at the hotel. My small requests were always taken care with a friendly face from the help. I will stay here again. This place is rated very high on by books. I think that the location of the hotel to the airport worked well with my business schedule.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Mworthyl:

Thank you so much for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to give a "shout out" about our hotel. Those "little requests" you mentioned are never any trouble to us. We are here to serve all our guests to the best of our ability and exceed all expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon! Thanks again!!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!