“Great atmosphere and service” 5 of 5 stars

The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #9 of 182 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Great atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent a night here on our way through the area. I had chosen this one based on other reviews. The place is clean, quiet, and pleasant.

The room was very nice. The breakfast was a bit above average. The price was very fair.

The best thing by far was the night manager--I think her name is Rose. She went so far out of her way to make us happy and comfortable. She did everything but tuck us in!

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, quiet, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We got a corner room on the 3rd floor that had easy access to the stairs and was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi Qbeing-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is much appreciated! I am thrilled to hear that Rose made your stay more enjoyable. Our team members work hard everyday to make sure all of our guests are taken care of. We recognize that you are traveling and away from home and expect the very best. So, we strive to deliver the very best! We hope to see you again in the near future!

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cleburne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I choose to stay at the Hampton Arboretum because of the courteous staff and excelllent accommodations. The rooms and workout area are always clean and fully stocked. And, the breakfast offered is far more than adequate for the price of the rooms. I have been using this facility 3-4 times a year for the past two years. I have never had a bad experience and will continue to stay here in the future. I'm surprised to read that someone encountered a staff member who failed to meet their expectations. This hasn't ever been my experience and I'm sure was an isolated incident.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Tom H.-

Thank you so much for your response! We are delighted to hear about your fantastic stays here at our hotel. It is our goal to exceed your expectations every time you visit! Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

After traveling all day, you just want to relax when you get to the hotel. Unfortunately, that was not an option here. We walked in to find a broken crib and s dirty bed. U rang the front desk 3 times before someone finally answered--and she did so with an unprofessional "heloooo" (in an sir-headed, valley girl way). When I asked for a new crib, she rudely contradicted me and insisted it could not possibly be broken--despite its sagging walls and bent legs. No one deserves to be treated in such a condescending way--let alone by some bubble head who seems never to made it past 8th grade. So, I will NOT be coming back to this dump, even if the room were free.

• Stayed December 2012
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Houstonian12:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback and we are sincerely sorry for the dissatisfaction of your stay. It is our goal to deliver exceptional service and I am disappointed that you did not receive that experience with us. We did want to let you know that we have checked all of our pack-and-plays and are happy to report that we have not found any that are broken. However, you obviously did have an issue with yours so if you could please contact me directly to discuss the specific problem you had with it (in case we missed something during our check) as well as the dates of your stay so that we may determine who handled your request, I would greatly appreciate it. We do take issues like this very seriously and want to ensure that it is addressed. I truly appreciate your time and I can be contacted directly at nword@vistahost.net. I thank you in advance!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I had a great time at the hotel. My small requests were always taken care with a friendly face from the help. I will stay here again. This place is rated very high on by books. I think that the location of the hotel to the airport worked well with my business schedule.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Mworthyl:

Thank you so much for your response. We appreciate you taking the time to give a "shout out" about our hotel. Those "little requests" you mentioned are never any trouble to us. We are here to serve all our guests to the best of our ability and exceed all expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon! Thanks again!!
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We chose to stay here when we came to the Austin area because we've had luck with Hampton Inns before. I was not disappointed - this place was great. It's easy to find, and was a quick drive to the Round Rock area where I needed to go. There are LOTS of really nice malls within a 5-10 minutes drive too, where you could buy anything you could possibly need, as well as dine out. The hotel is immaculate. The room is pretty big (especially the bathroom) and nicely decorated. My room had a comfy king-size bed, a full (maybe queen?) sized pull-out couch, and a nice desk with a really comfortable desk chair for working. The lobby/dining area was among the nicest I've seen at similar properties, and the complimentary breakfast was much better than I expected. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Gordon M:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver the type of service that you would expect at a Hampton. I am happy that you loved our hotel and please know that when you return, that you will receive that same great room and service. We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you!
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Everything about this hotel screams that they really value your business. The hotel personnel is fabulous, friendly, and very helpful. They really made us feel like valued guests. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. If you have a request, the hotel staff makes every effort to fulfill it. The location is very close to the highway plus within 5 to 10 minutes of shopping and restaurants. Also there are a variety of restaurants that will deliver food to your room. The shower has a variety of settings and more importantly was clean. Breakfast, which is served until 10 in the morning, was great. Don't miss the Texas shaped waffles. There's also a variety of eggs, potatoes, bacon, breads, sweet rolls, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juices, coffees, hot chocolate, milk and tea. Breakfast items rotate daily, which I found really nice. The beds were comfortable. This hotel is a good choice of hotels for even the pickiest people. Thank you, Rose, for making us feel so welcome. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear teachkindy:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly DO value our guests! I am delighted to hear that you were able to experience everything we have to offer. I am very proud of our team and am happy that they made you feel more at home while you were away. Please come back and visit on your next trip to Austin!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Arrived on Sunday and checked out Friday. I selected the hotel on the basis of proximity to a week of training (1.9 mi from training site). I liked everything about the hotel.

Andrea quickly checked me in and took information for shuttle use.

Rose suggested a grab and go breakfast on Monday (bottled water, fruit, muffin, breakfast bar) which become my lunch at the training site as the building eatery had closed . This was huge!

The hotel was booked solid and everything flowed smoothly as if this was the norm (and I bet without a doubt it is!)

Leah, Linley, and Matt went above beyond ensuring that I was where I needed to be when I needed to be there.

The complimentary breakfast covered all the bases from eggs and sausage or bacon to waffles, pastry, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, and great coffee.

Clean room with plenty of space, nice TV.

Rose, Leah, Linley, and Matt were all like being with old friends. Your GM/Area Mgr needs to give you a raise!

Room Tip: I stayed on the fifth and my room was great, AC was fine, noise level from outside was zero
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear J L:

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you! We had a great time chatting with you on the van rides. You were a true joy to have as a guest. We hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and we look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Austin.

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!