“This will be my Austin hotel for all future visits” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest

You added Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3908 West Braker Lane, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“This will be my Austin hotel for all future visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Arrived on Sunday and checked out Friday. I selected the hotel on the basis of proximity to a week of training (1.9 mi from training site). I liked everything about the hotel.

Andrea quickly checked me in and took information for shuttle use.

Rose suggested a grab and go breakfast on Monday (bottled water, fruit, muffin, breakfast bar) which become my lunch at the training site as the building eatery had closed . This was huge!

The hotel was booked solid and everything flowed smoothly as if this was the norm (and I bet without a doubt it is!)

Leah, Linley, and Matt went above beyond ensuring that I was where I needed to be when I needed to be there.

The complimentary breakfast covered all the bases from eggs and sausage or bacon to waffles, pastry, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, and great coffee.

Clean room with plenty of space, nice TV.

Rose, Leah, Linley, and Matt were all like being with old friends. Your GM/Area Mgr needs to give you a raise!

Room Tip: I stayed on the fifth and my room was great, AC was fine, noise level from outside was zero
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear J L:

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It was a pleasure having you! We had a great time chatting with you on the van rides. You were a true joy to have as a guest. We hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and we look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Austin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I chose to stay here when I came to the Austin area because I've had luck with Hampton Inns before. I was not disappointed - this place was great. It's easy to find, and was a quick drive to the Round Rock area where I needed to go. There are LOTS of really nice malls within a 5-10 minutes drive too, where you could buy anything you could possibly need, as well as dine out. The hotel is immaculate. The room is pretty big (especially the bathroom) and nicely decorated. My room had a comfy king-size bed, a full (maybe queen?) sized pull-out couch, and a nice desk with a really comfortable desk chair for working. The lobby/dining area was among the nicest I've seen at similar properties, and the complimentary breakfast was much better than I expected. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the Burger King next door... they're not noisy, but you can definitely...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Caitlin_aka_CJ:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly appreciate your kind words. As you mentioned, our location is definitely ideal. Even with an ideal location we still have to give our guests an amazing stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to experience the whole package of what we have to offer. I hope you come back and see us soon!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in late September with my dad. The minute we flew into Texas and landed, I knew I would like the south--we're from Michigan--and boy was I right. But most importantly, I loved where we would be staying for the next three days, at the Hampton Inn Austin-Arboretum Northwest. This was my first experience of any state south of Ohio and it was pretty remarkable. The service was incredibly friendly. Lindsey--one of the people at the front desk--was very sweet, incredibly patient, and super hospitable. The staff was also exceedingly friendly and welcoming. The room that we stayed in was immaculate and cleaned pretty regularly when my dad and whenever my dad and I went out to experience the sights of Austin. The shower was clean, easy to use, and had great pressure. The beds were super comfortable and the television/internet services were good. In all honesty, I'm missing Austin right now. A.C. kicked in when it needed to and cooled the room to a very comfortable temperature. But speaking of UNcomfortable temperatures, it's freezing up here in Michigan and I would like nothing more than to travel down to Austin and obviously stay at this Hampton Inn again. Oh, the complimentary breakfast my dad and I received was also great with a good variety of food. Only utilized the gym the night before we left but it seemed sufficient to fit the needs of a handful of people. The location was also pretty convenient for everything we needed to do and was just far enough away from downtown Austin so that we wouldn't have to deal with that traffic all day. Overall I really enjoyed my trip and the stay in this hotel. You really can't go wrong here people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jason M:

What an awesome review! Thank you! I am thrilled to hear you say, "Best Hotel Stay Ever". That is fantastic and I am delighted that we were able to deliver that service to you. Please know that when you return you will be receiving that same level of hospitality as your last stay. We look forward to having you again. Thank you!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Staff was friendly and courteous, but one expects that in Austin. Room was a comfortable size for two and well equiped. What really stood out was the complimentary breakfast, which was much better than we've had a similarly priced inns.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John_B29494:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. I am also glad that you were able to experience the level of hospitality that we strive to deliver. We also recently re-vamped our breakfast so I am happy that it is a success! Thanks again and we look forward to having you on your next trip to Austin.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We are long time Hilton Honors members and stay at Hiltons always, usually a Hampton Inn when traveling b/c it is a great value, always very clean, and staff always courteous. The location of this particular one is great. The room was clean, but not immaculate as we have come to expect from Hilton properties, but nothing that would cause us to leave. This location has the BEST breakfast of ANY Hampton we have ever stayed at too---they have great offerings and they change it up daily. Friendly staff night and day. So what is the problem? The mattresses were the WORST we have ever encountered at a Hampton/Hilton. We all---2 adults, 2 tweens---had 2 miserable nights sleep and all were tired, stiff, and sore each morning. Such a disappointment as we have always been impressed with the quality of beds/pillows/and comfy blankets at all other Hilton properties at which we have stayed. One other thing worth mentioning is that the ac/heat unit is one of those old wall blowing units. It is controlled by a thermostat on the wall, so it will come on automatically and such but it is still one of those nasty legionnaire type units that always seem to give us a cough and scratchy throat. We will not return to this location when visiting Austin again unless we can confirm that they have upgraded/updated the beds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear danie77379:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. I am disappointed that you did not have a pleasant stay. I sincerely apologize for the quality of services you received. I am, however, happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and thank you for your compliment. I would greatly appreciate it if you could please inform me of your room number and dates of stay as I would like to report the discomfort of the beds as well as the air conditioning unit to our maintenance team. My email address is nword@vistahost.net. We take all guest feedback very seriously and we really appreciate you letting us know. We will resolve the issues with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you’re in Austin. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit in Austin and thank you again for your time and Hampton loyalty.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during the F-1 racing week, the prices were higher than normal but it was well worth it! As soon as i walked in i was greeted by 3 of their staff who all were happen to be near the front desk/lobby area. I was greeted with a big smile. I was bery stressed out from work and i kept on wating to go back to hotel to rest, the bed was comfrotable so i slept INSTANTLY (i was also pulling 15hours a day of work, but it was a very comfortable bed which i enjoyed sleeping in. The night staff would still greet me with a smile and a joke or something even during 2 or 3 am. There is also a restaurant/bar that is right in between here and the homewood suites which are operated by the same owner, the restaurant has great food, great place to go lunch/dinner/late night!! I enjoyed my stay here!! Hope you will as well!

• Stayed November 2012
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Azn4u1120:

I am so glad to hear that we made your F-1 experience more enjoyable. It was a very exciting time for our hotel and for Austin. We definitely looked forward to welcoming all the racing fans that came. Thank you for choosing us for your stay and I hope you come back to another race so we can deliver the same exceptional service!
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel, but it definitely won't be the last: I've already booked 2 return trips. Things that I REALLY like: coffee available all the time, great breakfast choices (way more than a continental breakfast), really nice sheets and towels, and incredibly helpful staff. Enough said!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Texasmiss:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel! We are happy that you felt at home during your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back! Please reach out to us during your stay as we would love to thank you personally. Thanks again!