“Great Service always makes my stay enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #8 of 184 hotels in Austin
“Great Service always makes my stay enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during the F-1 racing week, the prices were higher than normal but it was well worth it! As soon as i walked in i was greeted by 3 of their staff who all were happen to be near the front desk/lobby area. I was greeted with a big smile. I was bery stressed out from work and i kept on wating to go back to hotel to rest, the bed was comfrotable so i slept INSTANTLY (i was also pulling 15hours a day of work, but it was a very comfortable bed which i enjoyed sleeping in. The night staff would still greet me with a smile and a joke or something even during 2 or 3 am. There is also a restaurant/bar that is right in between here and the homewood suites which are operated by the same owner, the restaurant has great food, great place to go lunch/dinner/late night!! I enjoyed my stay here!! Hope you will as well!

• Stayed November 2012
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Azn4u1120:

I am so glad to hear that we made your F-1 experience more enjoyable. It was a very exciting time for our hotel and for Austin. We definitely looked forward to welcoming all the racing fans that came. Thank you for choosing us for your stay and I hope you come back to another race so we can deliver the same exceptional service!

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel, but it definitely won't be the last: I've already booked 2 return trips. Things that I REALLY like: coffee available all the time, great breakfast choices (way more than a continental breakfast), really nice sheets and towels, and incredibly helpful staff. Enough said!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Texasmiss:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel! We are happy that you felt at home during your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back! Please reach out to us during your stay as we would love to thank you personally. Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We came to Austin to visit family and had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a very nice variety of choices. Coffee & apples are always available, and there is even chocolate at the registration desk. Our room was cleaned daily; it was extremely quiet, even though it faced the road. The location was convenient to everything with easy access to the highway, and the price was quite reasonable. All in all, a very pleasant stay. We will definitely be back to the Arboretum Hampton!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear squznart:

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am always delighted to hear that we made a guests' stay memorable. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Austin. We will have the same great amenities and service you enjoyed on your first visit!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a comfortable hotel in good location, close to great shopping at Arboretum Mall, next to one of the freeways headed downtown. We were there on Valentine's Day and they had a little party in the lobby - free wine, hors d'oeuvres & cupcakes. The breakfast was great - they have a waffle iron in shape of the State of Texas. Staff was very nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Looks like all the rooms are good as far as we could tell.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear SusannahDanna:

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel on your Valentine's visit. The party was definitely a hit with our guests. I am happy to hear that you were able to find time to enjoy it. We love when we get that time to get to know our guests and entertain. We now serve wine and cheese on Wednesday nights! Hopefully you can come down and enjoy it sometime!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at another Hampton Inn and enjoyed the amazing breakfast, cleanliness and good value. This stay with 2 small children was no different.

Our room over looked the pool and lots of trees, it was a decent size and the Texas shaped waffles for breakfast were a hit. We enjoyed the pool one scorching afternoon.

It's obviously North Austin and a little way out but only a 15 min drive to downtown and good value so worth the drive.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi Rivonia:

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton brand. We truly value your loyalty. I am delighted to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to deliver exceptional service to every guest and I am glad that we were able to leave an impression on your visit. We hope to see you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There were some issues with our reservation, but Rose, the lady working at the front desk, was wonderfully helpful! :)

The room and other interior areas were standard for a Hampton Inn.

It was an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sand0615:

Thank you so much for your kind words about Rose! She is a very valued team member and I am happy that she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!
Amarillo, texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Let me first stay this is a decent property, in a good location, with very good service. I would definately stay here again. However, in my opinion, going agaist the grain of all the other reviewers, this is definately not even close to the 4th best hotel in Austin. As as matter of fact, it is the 2nd worst Hampton I have ever stayed in. Let me explain. After a pleasant check-in experience, we rode the elevator to our room on the sixth floor. My wife and I joked, "Look the elevator inspection ran out last month, maybe we should not ride the elevator." Unfortunately, another couple had not noticed, this next morning we awoke to trapped people in the elevator unable to get out. 12 hours later, people trapped in the elevator next to the original one. That is problem one. Next while the bathrooms and lobby have been remodeled, the hallways, are dingy 1980's wallpaper. Number 3. While the beds are confomy, even when freshly made they look like someone has been sleeping in them. Upon entering our room my wife exclaimed, we are in the wrong room, someones been laying the beds. Number 4, the breakfast bar was not replinished in a timely manner. Number 5, do not stay in rooms up high with low single digit numbers, they are near the road and you have to run the fan all night to cover up the road noise. Finally, we could not run the heater because the smell was so bad. In summary, decent hotel and a good value but nowhere near one of the top hotels in Austin. I have stayed in at least 5 hotels in Austin, all far superior to this property.

Room Tip: Do not chose an upper level floor with a low single digit number due to road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hi dady8tor!
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and also for complimenting us on our service. We try our very best to deliver exceptional service to each and every guest. Next, I would like to apologize for the elevator incident. I know this was an inconvenience. The elevators are up to date on their inspections. However, it does take the state a little bit of time to mail the certificates. The other elevator that went down was actually due to a vacuum cord from our housekeeper’s cart. It was unfortunate irony that the other had gone down earlier that morning. Both elevators are fine and running and I am sorry this affected your stay. We have also gone through a renovation for our rooms and we are also working on getting one for our hallways as well. In response to the beds- the duvets in the room are also getting replaced. As they are washed guest after guest, they do tend to get “lumpy” and make the bed look “slept in”. I also would like to apologize if the breakfast was missing something you wanted. Our breakfast staff are fairly new and we are working with them to make sure the bar is full at all times. This review was passed on to our team members to prevent any future reoccurrences. We appreciate you choosing us for your Austin stay and I also appreciate your feedback. I hope we get the opportunity to show you a better experience the next time you’re in town. Thank you!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!