“Great hotel, staff, location & price!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #11 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“Great hotel, staff, location & price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We came to Austin to visit family and had a great stay at this hotel. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a very nice variety of choices. Coffee & apples are always available, and there is even chocolate at the registration desk. Our room was cleaned daily; it was extremely quiet, even though it faced the road. The location was convenient to everything with easy access to the highway, and the price was quite reasonable. All in all, a very pleasant stay. We will definitely be back to the Arboretum Hampton!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear squznart:

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am always delighted to hear that we made a guests' stay memorable. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Austin. We will have the same great amenities and service you enjoyed on your first visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a comfortable hotel in good location, close to great shopping at Arboretum Mall, next to one of the freeways headed downtown. We were there on Valentine's Day and they had a little party in the lobby - free wine, hors d'oeuvres & cupcakes. The breakfast was great - they have a waffle iron in shape of the State of Texas. Staff was very nice & helpful.

Room Tip: Looks like all the rooms are good as far as we could tell.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear SusannahDanna:

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel on your Valentine's visit. The party was definitely a hit with our guests. I am happy to hear that you were able to find time to enjoy it. We love when we get that time to get to know our guests and entertain. We now serve wine and cheese on Wednesday nights! Hopefully you can come down and enjoy it sometime!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at another Hampton Inn and enjoyed the amazing breakfast, cleanliness and good value. This stay with 2 small children was no different.

Our room over looked the pool and lots of trees, it was a decent size and the Texas shaped waffles for breakfast were a hit. We enjoyed the pool one scorching afternoon.

It's obviously North Austin and a little way out but only a 15 min drive to downtown and good value so worth the drive.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi Rivonia:

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton brand. We truly value your loyalty. I am delighted to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to deliver exceptional service to every guest and I am glad that we were able to leave an impression on your visit. We hope to see you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There were some issues with our reservation, but Rose, the lady working at the front desk, was wonderfully helpful! :)

The room and other interior areas were standard for a Hampton Inn.

It was an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sand0615:

Thank you so much for your kind words about Rose! She is a very valued team member and I am happy that she made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!
Amarillo, texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Let me first stay this is a decent property, in a good location, with very good service. I would definately stay here again. However, in my opinion, going agaist the grain of all the other reviewers, this is definately not even close to the 4th best hotel in Austin. As as matter of fact, it is the 2nd worst Hampton I have ever stayed in. Let me explain. After a pleasant check-in experience, we rode the elevator to our room on the sixth floor. My wife and I joked, "Look the elevator inspection ran out last month, maybe we should not ride the elevator." Unfortunately, another couple had not noticed, this next morning we awoke to trapped people in the elevator unable to get out. 12 hours later, people trapped in the elevator next to the original one. That is problem one. Next while the bathrooms and lobby have been remodeled, the hallways, are dingy 1980's wallpaper. Number 3. While the beds are confomy, even when freshly made they look like someone has been sleeping in them. Upon entering our room my wife exclaimed, we are in the wrong room, someones been laying the beds. Number 4, the breakfast bar was not replinished in a timely manner. Number 5, do not stay in rooms up high with low single digit numbers, they are near the road and you have to run the fan all night to cover up the road noise. Finally, we could not run the heater because the smell was so bad. In summary, decent hotel and a good value but nowhere near one of the top hotels in Austin. I have stayed in at least 5 hotels in Austin, all far superior to this property.

Room Tip: Do not chose an upper level floor with a low single digit number due to road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
nword, General Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hi dady8tor!
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and also for complimenting us on our service. We try our very best to deliver exceptional service to each and every guest. Next, I would like to apologize for the elevator incident. I know this was an inconvenience. The elevators are up to date on their inspections. However, it does take the state a little bit of time to mail the certificates. The other elevator that went down was actually due to a vacuum cord from our housekeeper’s cart. It was unfortunate irony that the other had gone down earlier that morning. Both elevators are fine and running and I am sorry this affected your stay. We have also gone through a renovation for our rooms and we are also working on getting one for our hallways as well. In response to the beds- the duvets in the room are also getting replaced. As they are washed guest after guest, they do tend to get “lumpy” and make the bed look “slept in”. I also would like to apologize if the breakfast was missing something you wanted. Our breakfast staff are fairly new and we are working with them to make sure the bar is full at all times. This review was passed on to our team members to prevent any future reoccurrences. We appreciate you choosing us for your Austin stay and I also appreciate your feedback. I hope we get the opportunity to show you a better experience the next time you’re in town. Thank you!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I were in Austin for the first time to visit our son and see the city. We have stayed at Hampton Inns in other cities we have visited. We have found that Hampton Inns are always comfortable,clean, friendly, offer a complimentary breakfast, and fit our travel budget. This one in Austin was no different. Our room was very large. The staff was always welcoming and willing to be of assistance -- even when we were asking questions at 1:30 a.m. in the morning! Since you pretty much need a car in Austin because it is so spread out, the location does not pose any problem. I highly recommend this hotel and already have. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara M:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Austin! I am so glad you had a good time visiting your son. I would also like to thank you for your brand loyalty. We are proud to represent Hampton and I am pleased to know that we represented it well! Please come see us the next time you're in Austin!
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

On a recent business trip to Autin, I had my choice of staying at another local Hotel or at the Hampton Inn-Arboretum. When I called the other Hotel they were going to charge me the "week-end" although I wasn't showing up at the Hotel on Sunday until later in the evening. When I called the Hampton Inn, They quoted me the "week-day" rate even on a Sunday. My decision was made to stay at the Hampton Inn-Arboretum. When I arrived, the lobby was very clean, well put together and inviting. They had a coffee "buffet" that looked very appetizing. I dont drink coffee but it was so impressive, I did my entire stay! The staff was very friendly and accomodating. My room was very clean and comfortable. I did arrive hungry and to my surprise they do not offer room service however, the staff alerted me to a nice restaurant and fast food location within walking distance of the Hotel. I found the work-out facility to be amazing. Everything I needed to complete my routine as if I was at the gym! I was going to be staying a few days so I alerted the house cleaning crew and informed them they did not have to make my bed or give me new towels. However, every day my bed was made and I had fresh towels. Upon leaving I was asked if I wanted to enroll in the HHonors rewards program. THis would entitle me to gain points to stay at another like Hotel in the future at a discount. I did and have been receiving e-mails regarding points, PIN#'s and everything I need to sign up. I am going to be going to Columbus GA in December and plan on redeeming my points and staying at the Hampton Inn near the airport. Thank-you for a wonderful experience! Oh and by-the-way....the complimentary breakfast was amazing. Very well put together. I'm all about presentation. And the food was good too!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ladonna e-

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad that our amenities suited your needs and that you were able to experience everything we have to offer during your stay. We can't wait to have you back on your next trip to Austin!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!