“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Breakfast is good and included. The rooms are nicely decorated and cleaned quickly. I noted the bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. If you're looking to party on Sixth Street, this is not the hotel for you. If you have business on the edge of Austin or outside of Austin, this is a good location with easy access to two main highways.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
nword, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello DG! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us! I'm thrilled that you loved the beds and that you were happy with your stay! We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Austin and please don't hesitate to contact us directly if there is anything that we can do for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend while the hotel was full of young girls attending a soccer camp, but we were barely aware of them since our room was quiet and breakfast was replenished and tables cleared as quickly as necessary. The breakfast room/lobby is very large and coffee is always ready. The front desk staff is very helpful and the rooms are spotless.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greeting Sandy 317! Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor, not only once, but twice! We really appreciate your comments and feedback! So glad that Labor Day weekend was a great weekend for you and we look forward to seeing you again the next time that you are in Austin!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Nice staff
Very clean rooms
Comfortable king size bed
Had an alright breakfast
Corner store walking distance
SAMs boat restaurant walking distance if you wanna just eat or have a couple drinks and not drink a drive..just walk back to the hotel a couple feet :)

• Stayed August 2012
nword, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Greetings ginalove254!!! Thank you so much for posting your review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while with us! Please come back to visit us again soon!
Mesquite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed her for a long weekend before summer ends, a quick mini vacation not to far from home. This was our first stay here, but will not be our last! Everyone one of the staff members we encountered was great! The rooms were very clean, fresh fluffy towels everyday and cold a/c. What more could you ask for in the heat of the summer in Texas? I will for sure tell everyone that is going down to Austin about this hotel!

Room Tip: We had the top floor and it was very quite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nword, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Greetings Kristy C!!! Thank you so very much for your wonderful words regarding your stay with us!!! I'm so happy to hear that your experience was so positive and that our amazing staff took such great care of you! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!!!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

So I get there around midnight i check in get my key to the fourth floor carry my luggage only to find there was a double booking a man from the other side of the door asks me did we get the same room..at this point am so tired and I cant believe how careless is the staff at the hampton inn in 3908 braker lane austin...Next day I dye my hair getting ready to shampoo and blow dry only to find the hair dryer's code was broken looked like it had melted from the previous user at this point i dont have strength to pick up the phone and ask for another dryer because i would be late for my appointment .Early morning at some point at 3am someone is arguing with his girlfriend how he was kicked out of a club all this i had to endure while trying to sleep and get my rest on(dont stay on the second floor facing the pool). As if thats not enough the day am checking out some lady appears from nowhere stating she has to inspect the room before i leave ... i go to the front desk only to find another very loud speaking woman saying "next time you have to sign the pet waiver".....That is the worst service I have ever had, they are pathetic , careless breakfast was horrible...I am not coming back

Room Tip: i was on 2nd floor and it was noisy at one point 3am so maybe go to 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Sondra M.! I apologize for the delay in response, I somehow missed your review. First and foremost, please let me say how truly sorry I am that your stay did not go how we would have liked! As you can see from other reviews, we strive to make our guests happy and in most cases, we are successful. However, we obvioulsy fell short in your case and I would love the opportunity to discuss it with you personally. As your login does not clearly state your full name, I would need more information to contact you directly and do not have that information available to me. Therefore, I am asking that you contact me via email at nword@vistahost.net and provide me with the best number and time to contact you. I assure you that I will not take up much of your time, I would just like the opportunity to address your concerns and try to make this right with you. Thank you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here August 24 & 25, and was here for a business meeting. I have stayed at many different hotels in Austin over many years and this one is the best! I will always stay here next time I need to be in Austin. The staff at the front desk were friendly and professional. My room was immaculate and comfy. The free breakfast each morning has a lot of choices and very good - both hot & cold choices. The morning of the 26th, around 9am, an alarm went off but stopped within 10 seconds. I was on the 6th floor and walked down the stairs to eat breakfast. Within 20 minutes, the elevators were working again, and the staff quickly got them running again. The alarm was due to a pipe in the laundry room....hey, these things happen. While I stayed here, the staff at the front desk were friendly each time I came in & out the building. There is a Burger King next door, and across the Mopac expressway is the Arbor Walk shopping center with more choices to eat, as well as shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
nword, Manager at Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Greetings JerseyHorseLover! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on how your stay was! While I certainly regret the disturbance you experiencd with the fire alarm, I am supremely happy that we were able to get the issue resolved quickly and efficiently! I do hope we have the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I went with my best friend, who had a conference, and we brought our kids. At a busy check-in time there was one employee at the desk and we had a short wait.
That night my daughter noticed the carpet was very wet by the bed, but we paid it no attention. Between 8-9 pm, the ear-piercing fire alarm went off. Along wih the other guests on the 6th floor, we dutifully marched down the six flights while trying to keep our young children calm. When we finally reached the lobby, all was quiet, and as we poured in, the desk clerk ignored us and continued to check in a businessman as if nothing had happened. After minutes of bewilderment. I interrupted the clerk and asked if she was aware of the alarm and the fact that we were all there b/c of it. She calmly stated that it was being checked out. Unaware of whether or not there was a fire hazard somewhere in the building, we traipsed upstairs again and I calmed my children. They were asleep when the alarm went off again around 11 pm. My "neighbors" and I poked our heads out the door and debated whether or not to leave our rooms. I called the front desk to ask if we could expect this all night. and the clerk apologized, saying a pipe leak caused it, and that the fire alarm had been disconnected so that it would not happen again. My children were too worried to sleep for a while, and I had to worry that now, if there really was a fire later, no alarm would go off!

Having survived the night, we swam in the small outdoor pool the next day. It rained on and off during our stay so we didn't get much swim time in. (which is why we prefer indoor pools)

The breakfast buffet was well- stocked even when swarming with techies in a pre-work rush. The manager was polite and apologetic about the alarm business upon checkout. Not apologetic enough to offer us a free or discounted stay at another time, though.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello Santafewise! I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay on tripadvisor! We’re always appreciative when a guest goes out of their way to tell us how we’re doing! I want to apologize sincerely for the multiple fire alarm disturbances you experienced while staying with us. It seems we had a very small issue with the system that was fortunately resolved the following day. I realize that doesn’t help you but I wanted you to know that we took the issue very seriously and at no time was our system “off line” for any real emergencies. Due to the nature of trip advisor, I am not able to look up your reservation information. If you wouldn’t mind emailing me personally at Thomas.haidet@hilton.com and let me know the details of your stay I’d be happy to discuss it with you further! Thank you again for sharing your comments, and I hope to speak with you soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Austin - Arboretum Northwest? Share your experiences!