“Hard to find hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10925 Stonelake Blvd., Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #20 of 184 hotels in Austin
Richmond, Virginia
“Hard to find hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family visited Austin for the United States Grand Prix F1 race in November 2012. The hotel was full, as all hotels in Austin were that week. The staff rose to the occasion and did a great job of making sure we all had a great time and were comfortable. The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff is very responsive. The managers reception during the week was tasty and well attended. Breakfast was very good.

The hotel is a bit hard to find. My GPS had no idea where it was so we wandered around the general area until we found it. The hotel is behind a restaurant and another hotel thus not clearly visible from the street. Additional and larger signage would be so helpful!

As with every other hotel in Austin at that time, the price for our room was sky high. Triple the normal price and a four night minimum required. There was not a hotel room to be found in Austin during this event. I do wish that hotels would not raise their prices so high when special events take over a town. I understand that hotel managers must make up for the times when the rooms are empty, but the four and five night minimum stays that we encountered at every hotel surprised me. As it was, we only stayed three nights and paid for an empty room one night. I am sure that some of these rules come from the corporate level, but what a burden that places on families!

I would stay at this hotel again, but the policy that we encountered for this special event will cause me to look for another hotel next time that does not have the four night minimum requirement.

Room Tip: We got a two bedroom suite and that was great for a family to be able to stay together.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hello Micky O!

The Formula 1 event in Austin was certainly an adventure for all of us - we are very thankful to have had your business during the week of racing and festivities.

Thank you for taking a moment to provide a survey regarding your stay with us.

Now that we have one Formula 1 event under our belts, I think the city will be better able to manage expectations and restrictions so that our guests have the most pleasant, memorable experience possible.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary full American breakfast served every day in addition to our complimentary Host Hour offerings during the week. Providing a full meal to our guests (and in some cases two) every day allows them to save a little money that might be better spent on something fun or practical.

Host Hour also allows us an opportunity to get to know our guests and build relationships that we hope will last for years.

We certainly look forward to hosting you again in the future.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I received news that I needed emergency surgery the day before my family and I were to move 430 miles west. Our rental house was over, so we needed a place for my family to stay during the surgery, and a place for me to convalesce while I healed and sought continued medical care. We chose the Homewood Suites for their full hot breakfasts 7 days a week, and their hot full dinners Monday through Thursday. Miss Toni and Mr. Terry fed us in the mornings, and Miss Claire fed us in the evenings. Miss Mariah helped out with info and directed us to places in the area. Housekeeper Olga gave me a beautiful rose bath soap to improve my spirits. It surely worked! This all occurred this Christmas, so our spirits needed love. Manager Matt Russo made sure we had reservations for as long as we needed, and each staff member went out of his/her way to clean, care and love us. They all saw me pad through the halls and continually asked how they could help and if we needed anything. Clean rooms, decorated towels, granite counters, comfortable. It was amazing. For a difficult Christmas, we felt so at home. I needed a lot of rest, and one of the great things is that the halls were quiet...no banging of doors or shouts of other guests. Class folks in a classy area of Austin. Don't be afraid to stay here. My doctor insisted that I walk around, so my husband would take me for short walks in a park-like preserve behind the hotel. Trails and nature...in the middle of Austin. Lots of shopping and restaurants to go to if anyone wanted to leave, but frankly, our family just huddled together and stayed in most of the time. There was a small gym for my husband to work out in, and a pool which was the dark coated beautiful bottom and WELL protected in the center courtyard, which would keep kiddos safe in warm weather. It was perfect. I just made my 3 week checkup appt. with my doctor, and guess where we're staying...Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: I would recommend any room for comfort. We stayed on the lower floor and never hear folks above us...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Miss Opinionette you and your family are the reason that I find this business rewarding. You gave as much to us as we gave to you! We work diligently to develop a culture of service with staff members who truly have a "Servant's Heart". We are enriched when the love and service we strive to deliver is recognized.

More importantly, during the short time you were here, you made an impact on all of us that will last for years to come. You and your family were the picture of grace and dignity. Your family unity and genuine concern for others, even in the midst of such a challenging situation was simply inspirational.

We look forward to seeing you whenever your travels happen to bring you back to us!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Can be a slight challenge to find from the road. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. As another reviewer mentioned, you can hear some noise. It wasn't too bad when I stayed and quieted down after 10 PM. So I was able to get a good nights sleep. I'll probably stay here again on my next visit to Austin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IMWC - I am writing to thank you for your review of our property. Input from such a seasoned traveler is invaluable. We work hard every day to ensure that our guest experience is memorable for its comfortable accommodations paired with friendly, sincere service. As a staff, we take pride in "not just going through the motions".

The hotel is nestled in a quiet oak grove away from immediate contact with major streets, and because of this, can be a little difficult to find. A quick call to the hotel prior to arrival will ensure navigation without challenges.

We very much look forward to Serving you during your next trip to Austin.

St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Location is good. A short 10 minute drive to downtown, 10 minutes west to the Hill Country, near the arboretum and across the highway from The Domain. Our 1 bedroom suite was perfect for traveling with our 1 yr old. Separate rooms with closing door, dish washer, full sized fridge, microwave and two 32" HD TVs...everything a family needs to survive on the road.

Rooms are minimally updated (remodel budget must have been small). While in bed the hotel reminded me of my college dorm...I could hear everything. Doors slamming, water running, people talking in and outside of hotel and highway noise.

Complimentary breakfast is your standard "free" breakfast. Nothing to rave about but it does the job. Front desk is friendly and helpful.

I'd come back to this location but not this hotel...I need my sleep. There are many other suite style options in the area.

Stayed last weekend of Dec @ $84/night.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello CNolnah!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay at our hotel. Typically we are a very quiet establishment catering to corporate and international travelers. We had several large family groups in house during the holidays that certainly changed the dynamic of our operation.

While we are not the newest hotel in the area, we work hard to ensure that our personlized, friendly service is second to none.

I am pleased that you discovered one of the up and coming areas of Austin. The Arboretum/Domain area is perfectly situated for business and leisure travel alike given the numerous shops and restaurants. We are just a short drive into the heart of downtown.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly in advance of your next trip to Austin, as I would be thankful for an opportunity to show you a quieter side of our Homewood Suites.

Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first time here and what a great place! Two day business trip. Good front desk service and they give you a call about an hour after check in to see if there is anything you need. My suite even had a fireplace. Breakfast and dinner & drinks included which was an unexpected surprise. Shuttle service to nearby research center. Shopping at The Domain just down the road along with some nice restuarants. A really nice side of Austin I had not seen before. Hope I have a chance to come back.

Room Tip: Room 316 has a fireplace!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello ChiefK_12! Thank you for the review. You are right about the hotel being located in a neat area of the city; I, too, did not realize all that this area had to offer before I began my employment here. Whether traveling on business or pleasure, we have accommodations to meet your needs and a Team that strives to provide Amazing Guest Service. Shiner Bock on tap and red and white wine allow for a relaxing transition into evening activities, whatever they may be. I certainly hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again. Safe Travels.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was there in mid-November for a business trip with 14 other colleagues. I personally had many many requests from the front desk to help assist all of us during a (sometimes) hectic business trip. Matt Russo and his team (morning, afternoon, night, overnight) did 'everything' to make me and the crew happy and comfortable. When I got back to Florida, Bianca even dug through the trash to find a FedEx receipt I left at the front desk. She read me the tracking numbers over the phone. Wow!

Excellent customer service - if that's something you are into. :)

Matt

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MattKLeh thank you so much for the great review! The inaugural Formula 1 week in Austin was a fun period of time at our hotel and you and your group only added to the positive energy and excitement that seemed to radiate from our guests. My Team and I are sincerely passionate about providing Superior Customer Service and it always feels great to have it aknowledged by our guests. We pride ourselves on truly trying to connect with our guests while they are with us and not just going through the motions. We would love to have you stay with us again when you are back in Austin - maybe for next year's Formula 1 event...
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was attending a week long class in the area with my business associate, Jason. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The complementary Monday-Thursday breakfast, dinner and wine/beer is wonderful. It was relaxing after a day of class! Note some nights we did head out to local restaurants which are very close to the hotel. There are lots of good choices.

The staff (Katie, Anat, Junior, and Julia) made our stay great. They made sure our needs were met ... getting dropped off at our class, recommendations for / rides to restaurants, and just chatting. Also, the ladies who run the breakfast/dinner area are friendly and serve up some tasty food.

If you have the chance, stay here! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! We are situated in a great location for both business and pleasure. I am happy that you were able to enjoy complimentary dinner and drinks with us during your stay; we strive to create a warm, friendly environment that allows our guests to relax after a tough day of business seminars. The complimentary shuttle service is an amenity that is enjoyable to provide; I often have some of the best conversations of my day as I am dropping off or picking up guests. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW? Share your experiences!