My family visited Austin for the United States Grand Prix F1 race in November 2012. The hotel was full, as all hotels in Austin were that week. The staff rose to the occasion and did a great job of making sure we all had a great time and were comfortable. The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff is very responsive. The managers reception during the week was tasty and well attended. Breakfast was very good.
The hotel is a bit hard to find. My GPS had no idea where it was so we wandered around the general area until we found it. The hotel is behind a restaurant and another hotel thus not clearly visible from the street. Additional and larger signage would be so helpful!
As with every other hotel in Austin at that time, the price for our room was sky high. Triple the normal price and a four night minimum required. There was not a hotel room to be found in Austin during this event. I do wish that hotels would not raise their prices so high when special events take over a town. I understand that hotel managers must make up for the times when the rooms are empty, but the four and five night minimum stays that we encountered at every hotel surprised me. As it was, we only stayed three nights and paid for an empty room one night. I am sure that some of these rules come from the corporate level, but what a burden that places on families!
I would stay at this hotel again, but the policy that we encountered for this special event will cause me to look for another hotel next time that does not have the four night minimum requirement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin Arboretum Northwest is designed to make you feel at home, whether you're traveling for a few nights or longer. All guests can enjoy free internet WiFi, daily complimentary Suite Start Hot Breakfast and the Welcome Home evening reception, featuring a complimentary light dinner and beverages Monday through Thursday evenings. Unwind in your one or two-bedroom suite with separate living area and kitchen. Prepare Tex Mex recipes in the suite’s fully equipped kitchen. Our suites have room to work and relax.Enjoy a workout in our fitness center or a refreshing swim in the pool. Our business center and meeting spaces offer an office away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Austin-Arboretum / Nw Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Homewood Austin
- Austin Homewood Suites
- Austin Hilton
- Homewood Suites Austin Arboretum