“Home away from home...2 weeks of superb care” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10925 Stonelake Blvd., Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #10 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
texas
“Home away from home...2 weeks of superb care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I received news that I needed emergency surgery the day before my family and I were to move 430 miles west. Our rental house was over, so we needed a place for my family to stay during the surgery, and a place for me to convalesce while I healed and sought continued medical care. We chose the Homewood Suites for their full hot breakfasts 7 days a week, and their hot full dinners Monday through Thursday. Miss Toni and Mr. Terry fed us in the mornings, and Miss Claire fed us in the evenings. Miss Mariah helped out with info and directed us to places in the area. Housekeeper Olga gave me a beautiful rose bath soap to improve my spirits. It surely worked! This all occurred this Christmas, so our spirits needed love. Manager Matt Russo made sure we had reservations for as long as we needed, and each staff member went out of his/her way to clean, care and love us. They all saw me pad through the halls and continually asked how they could help and if we needed anything. Clean rooms, decorated towels, granite counters, comfortable. It was amazing. For a difficult Christmas, we felt so at home. I needed a lot of rest, and one of the great things is that the halls were quiet...no banging of doors or shouts of other guests. Class folks in a classy area of Austin. Don't be afraid to stay here. My doctor insisted that I walk around, so my husband would take me for short walks in a park-like preserve behind the hotel. Trails and nature...in the middle of Austin. Lots of shopping and restaurants to go to if anyone wanted to leave, but frankly, our family just huddled together and stayed in most of the time. There was a small gym for my husband to work out in, and a pool which was the dark coated beautiful bottom and WELL protected in the center courtyard, which would keep kiddos safe in warm weather. It was perfect. I just made my 3 week checkup appt. with my doctor, and guess where we're staying...Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: I would recommend any room for comfort. We stayed on the lower floor and never hear folks above us...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Miss Opinionette you and your family are the reason that I find this business rewarding. You gave as much to us as we gave to you! We work diligently to develop a culture of service with staff members who truly have a "Servant's Heart". We are enriched when the love and service we strive to deliver is recognized.

More importantly, during the short time you were here, you made an impact on all of us that will last for years to come. You and your family were the picture of grace and dignity. Your family unity and genuine concern for others, even in the midst of such a challenging situation was simply inspirational.

We look forward to seeing you whenever your travels happen to bring you back to us!

Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. Can be a slight challenge to find from the road. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. As another reviewer mentioned, you can hear some noise. It wasn't too bad when I stayed and quieted down after 10 PM. So I was able to get a good nights sleep. I'll probably stay here again on my next visit to Austin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IMWC - I am writing to thank you for your review of our property. Input from such a seasoned traveler is invaluable. We work hard every day to ensure that our guest experience is memorable for its comfortable accommodations paired with friendly, sincere service. As a staff, we take pride in "not just going through the motions".

The hotel is nestled in a quiet oak grove away from immediate contact with major streets, and because of this, can be a little difficult to find. A quick call to the hotel prior to arrival will ensure navigation without challenges.

We very much look forward to Serving you during your next trip to Austin.

St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Location is good. A short 10 minute drive to downtown, 10 minutes west to the Hill Country, near the arboretum and across the highway from The Domain. Our 1 bedroom suite was perfect for traveling with our 1 yr old. Separate rooms with closing door, dish washer, full sized fridge, microwave and two 32" HD TVs...everything a family needs to survive on the road.

Rooms are minimally updated (remodel budget must have been small). While in bed the hotel reminded me of my college dorm...I could hear everything. Doors slamming, water running, people talking in and outside of hotel and highway noise.

Complimentary breakfast is your standard "free" breakfast. Nothing to rave about but it does the job. Front desk is friendly and helpful.

I'd come back to this location but not this hotel...I need my sleep. There are many other suite style options in the area.

Stayed last weekend of Dec @ $84/night.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello CNolnah!

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay at our hotel. Typically we are a very quiet establishment catering to corporate and international travelers. We had several large family groups in house during the holidays that certainly changed the dynamic of our operation.

While we are not the newest hotel in the area, we work hard to ensure that our personlized, friendly service is second to none.

I am pleased that you discovered one of the up and coming areas of Austin. The Arboretum/Domain area is perfectly situated for business and leisure travel alike given the numerous shops and restaurants. We are just a short drive into the heart of downtown.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly in advance of your next trip to Austin, as I would be thankful for an opportunity to show you a quieter side of our Homewood Suites.

Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first time here and what a great place! Two day business trip. Good front desk service and they give you a call about an hour after check in to see if there is anything you need. My suite even had a fireplace. Breakfast and dinner & drinks included which was an unexpected surprise. Shuttle service to nearby research center. Shopping at The Domain just down the road along with some nice restuarants. A really nice side of Austin I had not seen before. Hope I have a chance to come back.

Room Tip: Room 316 has a fireplace!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello ChiefK_12! Thank you for the review. You are right about the hotel being located in a neat area of the city; I, too, did not realize all that this area had to offer before I began my employment here. Whether traveling on business or pleasure, we have accommodations to meet your needs and a Team that strives to provide Amazing Guest Service. Shiner Bock on tap and red and white wine allow for a relaxing transition into evening activities, whatever they may be. I certainly hope that you have an opportunity to stay with us again. Safe Travels.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was there in mid-November for a business trip with 14 other colleagues. I personally had many many requests from the front desk to help assist all of us during a (sometimes) hectic business trip. Matt Russo and his team (morning, afternoon, night, overnight) did 'everything' to make me and the crew happy and comfortable. When I got back to Florida, Bianca even dug through the trash to find a FedEx receipt I left at the front desk. She read me the tracking numbers over the phone. Wow!

Excellent customer service - if that's something you are into. :)

Matt

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MattKLeh thank you so much for the great review! The inaugural Formula 1 week in Austin was a fun period of time at our hotel and you and your group only added to the positive energy and excitement that seemed to radiate from our guests. My Team and I are sincerely passionate about providing Superior Customer Service and it always feels great to have it aknowledged by our guests. We pride ourselves on truly trying to connect with our guests while they are with us and not just going through the motions. We would love to have you stay with us again when you are back in Austin - maybe for next year's Formula 1 event...
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was attending a week long class in the area with my business associate, Jason. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The complementary Monday-Thursday breakfast, dinner and wine/beer is wonderful. It was relaxing after a day of class! Note some nights we did head out to local restaurants which are very close to the hotel. There are lots of good choices.

The staff (Katie, Anat, Junior, and Julia) made our stay great. They made sure our needs were met ... getting dropped off at our class, recommendations for / rides to restaurants, and just chatting. Also, the ladies who run the breakfast/dinner area are friendly and serve up some tasty food.

If you have the chance, stay here! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! We are situated in a great location for both business and pleasure. I am happy that you were able to enjoy complimentary dinner and drinks with us during your stay; we strive to create a warm, friendly environment that allows our guests to relax after a tough day of business seminars. The complimentary shuttle service is an amenity that is enjoyable to provide; I often have some of the best conversations of my day as I am dropping off or picking up guests. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.
Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family loves staying at Homewood Suites especially the 2 bedroom suites- makes it much easier for a family than having 2 seperate rooms. Tony in the breakfast area was delightful- making sure everyone had what they needed. Yummy breakfast tacos on Saturday morning! Unfortunately we had a problem with the room being cleaned. We had our do not disturb sign on until 11 am. We then took it off and left for the day assuming the rooms would be cleaned. We returned at 5 pm to change for our evening and someone came by right as we got to our room to ask if they could clean our room then. We told them we had just gotten back and that we needed to change. We asked them to return in 15 minutes after we had changed. They told us they were leaving for the day. We called the front desk to ask why the rooms had not been cleaned before 5 and were told it was because our do not disturb sign was on the room. We know for a fact that it was taken off at 11 when we left for the day. We were told the staff would be leaving and would not be able to clean our room that day, but that we would be able to talk to the manager the next day about a discount for the problem. The next day however we were told the manager doesn't work on Sundays. So no discount... and no one has tried to call us to resolve the problem either. It is now Wednesday and I just called the hotel and was again told the manager wasn't there- at 4:45? When is the manager there? Frustrated that this situation has not been handled properly.
Also, the exercise room is a very small room with the only door leading to it from the outdoor pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Through this type of communication we are better able to identify strengths and weaknesses within our operation. We pride ourselves on being able to provide the most comfortable of accommodations and superior customer service; we failed you in this endeavor.

Your experience has provided a valuable training tool for our staff as we work to be better everyday. I never received communication from my staff that you were trying to reach me or the challenges you faced getting housekeeping service. I am on call 24 hours a day and I have reiterated to my staff the importance of providing my personal contact information to guests who wish to speak with me if I am not on property; I was driving the shuttle when you called on Wednesday. Communication is paramount to the success of our operation and we are evaluating the procedures we have in place.

It would be my pleasure to provide complimentary accommodations during your next trip to Austin.

I am especially thankful for the comment specific to Tony. She is a fabulous breakfast host and truly makes you feel like you are in your favorite Aunt's kitchen.

-Matt Russo/General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW? Share your experiences!