“Customer Service Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10925 Stonelake Blvd., Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #17 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Orlando
“Customer Service Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was there in mid-November for a business trip with 14 other colleagues. I personally had many many requests from the front desk to help assist all of us during a (sometimes) hectic business trip. Matt Russo and his team (morning, afternoon, night, overnight) did 'everything' to make me and the crew happy and comfortable. When I got back to Florida, Bianca even dug through the trash to find a FedEx receipt I left at the front desk. She read me the tracking numbers over the phone. Wow!

Excellent customer service - if that's something you are into. :)

Matt

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
MattKLeh thank you so much for the great review! The inaugural Formula 1 week in Austin was a fun period of time at our hotel and you and your group only added to the positive energy and excitement that seemed to radiate from our guests. My Team and I are sincerely passionate about providing Superior Customer Service and it always feels great to have it aknowledged by our guests. We pride ourselves on truly trying to connect with our guests while they are with us and not just going through the motions. We would love to have you stay with us again when you are back in Austin - maybe for next year's Formula 1 event...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was attending a week long class in the area with my business associate, Jason. The hotel is comfortable and clean. The complementary Monday-Thursday breakfast, dinner and wine/beer is wonderful. It was relaxing after a day of class! Note some nights we did head out to local restaurants which are very close to the hotel. There are lots of good choices.

The staff (Katie, Anat, Junior, and Julia) made our stay great. They made sure our needs were met ... getting dropped off at our class, recommendations for / rides to restaurants, and just chatting. Also, the ladies who run the breakfast/dinner area are friendly and serve up some tasty food.

If you have the chance, stay here! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! We are situated in a great location for both business and pleasure. I am happy that you were able to enjoy complimentary dinner and drinks with us during your stay; we strive to create a warm, friendly environment that allows our guests to relax after a tough day of business seminars. The complimentary shuttle service is an amenity that is enjoyable to provide; I often have some of the best conversations of my day as I am dropping off or picking up guests. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.
Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our family loves staying at Homewood Suites especially the 2 bedroom suites- makes it much easier for a family than having 2 seperate rooms. Tony in the breakfast area was delightful- making sure everyone had what they needed. Yummy breakfast tacos on Saturday morning! Unfortunately we had a problem with the room being cleaned. We had our do not disturb sign on until 11 am. We then took it off and left for the day assuming the rooms would be cleaned. We returned at 5 pm to change for our evening and someone came by right as we got to our room to ask if they could clean our room then. We told them we had just gotten back and that we needed to change. We asked them to return in 15 minutes after we had changed. They told us they were leaving for the day. We called the front desk to ask why the rooms had not been cleaned before 5 and were told it was because our do not disturb sign was on the room. We know for a fact that it was taken off at 11 when we left for the day. We were told the staff would be leaving and would not be able to clean our room that day, but that we would be able to talk to the manager the next day about a discount for the problem. The next day however we were told the manager doesn't work on Sundays. So no discount... and no one has tried to call us to resolve the problem either. It is now Wednesday and I just called the hotel and was again told the manager wasn't there- at 4:45? When is the manager there? Frustrated that this situation has not been handled properly.
Also, the exercise room is a very small room with the only door leading to it from the outdoor pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Through this type of communication we are better able to identify strengths and weaknesses within our operation. We pride ourselves on being able to provide the most comfortable of accommodations and superior customer service; we failed you in this endeavor.

Your experience has provided a valuable training tool for our staff as we work to be better everyday. I never received communication from my staff that you were trying to reach me or the challenges you faced getting housekeeping service. I am on call 24 hours a day and I have reiterated to my staff the importance of providing my personal contact information to guests who wish to speak with me if I am not on property; I was driving the shuttle when you called on Wednesday. Communication is paramount to the success of our operation and we are evaluating the procedures we have in place.

It would be my pleasure to provide complimentary accommodations during your next trip to Austin.

I am especially thankful for the comment specific to Tony. She is a fabulous breakfast host and truly makes you feel like you are in your favorite Aunt's kitchen.

Safe Travels.

-Matt Russo/General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon arrival, we were surprised by the small size of the suite... And the fact that our air conditiner did not work. To be fair, though, the room was clean and comfy (after the AC was fixed). we slept well, and the breakfast we delicious, attended by Toni, the best breakfast person ever - what a great asset to the staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
M Charles F thank you for your response. Your profile indicates that you are certainly well traveled; thank you for taking the time to write a review. The two absolute controllable variables in our operation are the Guest Service that we provide and the Cleanliness of our accommodations. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and offer my sincere apologies that we did not catch the air conditioner challenge before your arrival. Safe Travels.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I don't normally feel compelled to write reviews, but I really felt that the service I received at this Homewood was exceptional. The staff are super friendly and the rooms are clean, comfortable and very homely. Breakfast is amazing and coffee is literally on tap. I wish all hotels were this good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Jamiel871! Thank you for staying with us while in Austin. We know that there are many hotel options availble in our fine city; we feel privileged to have had your business. Friendly, Professional Service is exactly what we strive to provide to each and every one of our guests. I would certainly agree that a full American breakfast with a cup or two of great coffee is the best way to start the day. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin. Safe Travels.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a double bedroom suite. the rooms are very large and the beds extremely comfortable. Free dinner is a nice touch and really adds to the value of the room. Pool is small but nice and very few people use it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kgoldin, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are always thrilled to get a great review from our guests! We have a passion for customer service and truly appreciate your business. I'm glad that you enjoyed our dinner and social time while staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Austin.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 6 nights. Chose it as they offered a free shuttle to a company I was visiting on business. Since I was without a car, the challenge was mostly eating out. I did have a dinner at hotel but the food wasn't too my liking. I did appreciate free beer and wine with dinner:). Breakfast was served every morning and I'm sure some people enjoyed it, but I found it lacking in healthier options. Having a whole grain or whole wheat bread and bagels would be a lovely addition.
In every other sense, this hotel was a great option. It was clean, nicely furnished, comfortable bed, had complimentary wi-fi and a great, great staff! Everyone I encountered was most friendly, and especially Anat, guest services manager who I spoke to on a few occasions. I also was offered a free shuttle to a nearby shopping area after I mentioned I'd like to do some shopping....This was a very nice gesture and I appreciate this place that much more.
Overall, this is a very nice place to stay! If you have a car (most people did) you can easily get to wherever you'd like, but if you don't you're still not completely stuck since they will help out as much as they can to get you places.

Room Tip: didn't have any issue with my room at the time of my stay. The pool can't be used prior to 8...