“Some disappointments” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10925 Stonelake Blvd., Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #15 of 183 hotels in Austin
Toronto, Canada
“Some disappointments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon arrival, we were surprised by the small size of the suite... And the fact that our air conditiner did not work. To be fair, though, the room was clean and comfy (after the AC was fixed). we slept well, and the breakfast we delicious, attended by Toni, the best breakfast person ever - what a great asset to the staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MattR_946, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
M Charles F thank you for your response. Your profile indicates that you are certainly well traveled; thank you for taking the time to write a review. The two absolute controllable variables in our operation are the Guest Service that we provide and the Cleanliness of our accommodations. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and offer my sincere apologies that we did not catch the air conditioner challenge before your arrival. Safe Travels.

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I don't normally feel compelled to write reviews, but I really felt that the service I received at this Homewood was exceptional. The staff are super friendly and the rooms are clean, comfortable and very homely. Breakfast is amazing and coffee is literally on tap. I wish all hotels were this good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Jamiel871! Thank you for staying with us while in Austin. We know that there are many hotel options availble in our fine city; we feel privileged to have had your business. Friendly, Professional Service is exactly what we strive to provide to each and every one of our guests. I would certainly agree that a full American breakfast with a cup or two of great coffee is the best way to start the day. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Austin. Safe Travels.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in a double bedroom suite. the rooms are very large and the beds extremely comfortable. Free dinner is a nice touch and really adds to the value of the room. Pool is small but nice and very few people use it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kgoldin, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We are always thrilled to get a great review from our guests! We have a passion for customer service and truly appreciate your business. I'm glad that you enjoyed our dinner and social time while staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Austin.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 6 nights. Chose it as they offered a free shuttle to a company I was visiting on business. Since I was without a car, the challenge was mostly eating out. I did have a dinner at hotel but the food wasn't too my liking. I did appreciate free beer and wine with dinner:). Breakfast was served every morning and I'm sure some people enjoyed it, but I found it lacking in healthier options. Having a whole grain or whole wheat bread and bagels would be a lovely addition.
In every other sense, this hotel was a great option. It was clean, nicely furnished, comfortable bed, had complimentary wi-fi and a great, great staff! Everyone I encountered was most friendly, and especially Anat, guest services manager who I spoke to on a few occasions. I also was offered a free shuttle to a nearby shopping area after I mentioned I'd like to do some shopping....This was a very nice gesture and I appreciate this place that much more.
Overall, this is a very nice place to stay! If you have a car (most people did) you can easily get to wherever you'd like, but if you don't you're still not completely stuck since they will help out as much as they can to get you places.

Room Tip: didn't have any issue with my room at the time of my stay. The pool can't be used prior to 8...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review! We take great pride in our customer service and are genuinely pleased when a guest has a memorable experience with us. Thank you as well for your feedback in regard to our breakfast items; we welcome suggestions on how we can better serve our guests. Our complimentary shuttles service allows us yet another way to interact with our patrons - thank you for taking advantage of this service.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great hotel. Clean, comfortable, friendly. Location near the shops at the Arboretum was also a plus.

Room Tip: The room we had was fine. I don't think it matters. It was quiet, clean, comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kgoldin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Michael S,

Thank you for your positive, concise, review of our Northwest/Arboretum property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay in the hotel and take advantage of some of the nearby attractions as well. It is great to be so close to so much shopping and so many restaurants and the area is still expanding! We look forward to having you and your family return to stay with us again in the future and would be more than happy to give you some insight on some other great things to do nearby.
ILLinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We booked a 2 week stay here, and everything was great! The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the grounds were spotless, and house keeping was thorough. The food was just excellent.....the evening hostess was amazing, and so very nice. She made sure the food was put out on time, so people weren't waiting, and she even cooked homemade meals. The lasagna was my favorite...I must have gained about 15 pounds on the trip...lol. The breakfast was also good....especially the blueberry scones, I have never had hotel food that delicious. The breakfast hostess wasn't as nice or punctual as the evening hostess, and seemed to always have an attitude. She had people waiting at least 10 minutes every morning for certain things, and these are people who had to make a commute out to work, and every minute counts. The rooms could use more electrical outlets, but overall a great hotel, and I would stay again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi vacationNikki, I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your two week stay with us! We love to be a home-away-from-home and of course, nothing reminds someone of home like a good home-cooked meal. Claire, our evening hostess/cook/Superstar has been with us for over 5 years now and we would be lost without her; she brings so much passion and happiness that it ends up rubbing off on everyone around her, for both our team and our guests. I am sorry to hear that the experience you had at breakfast did not hold that same positivity and I can assure you that it was an exception rather than a rule and has since been corrected. The next time you are in town, please give us a heads up and we will make sure to get you set up in one of our clean and comfortable suites, along with an extra power strip so you have enough outlets! Thank you for giving such an honest and thought-out review of the Homewood Suites Austin NW/Arboretum!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The furnished suite feels like staying in a mini-condo. Furniture was comfortable. Beds were amazing. I'm not a fan of the square feather pillows that are common among Hilton hotels. Breakfast was great. I was sad to miss out on complimentary beverages during happy hour.

I shared a room with a colleague and that worked out well with the separate sitting room so that we could have different sleep schedules.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear LvelyRita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience at the Homewood Suites Austin NW/Arboretum! I am glad that you had a great stay with us; there is definitely a benefit to having a spacious suite, especially when traveling with others, so that everyone can have their own space and room to spread out. Adding a comfortable bed, a delicious breakfast and many other amenities, we strive to make you feel as at home as possible. Since you didn’t have the opportunity on this past trip, I hope the next time you visit us you are able to enjoy our evening Manager’s Reception on Mondays-Thursdays. Thank you again!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum / NW? Share your experiences!