“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3612 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #91 of 182 hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We were able to grab an autumn special rate which made this hotel a great choice. While not terribly convenient for downtown sites, the hotel is in a great part of Austin and is convenient to expressways. The hotel itself is well kept and clean. Staff is cordial and attentive. The room is quite a good size with a nice sectional type couch, refrigerator, workspace. The partial partition between the living area and bed creates a nice visual divider. Breakfast was fair but not much variety. Heavy on carbs, weak on protein options. The pool area was definitely a disappointment and the pool itself was not clean.

All in all, a good place to stay Atari decent price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you Steve. We appreciate your business and your kind remarks. I sincerely apologize about the pool. My maintenance engineer is quite attentive and it is usually very clean. Please know that the experience you had is not typical. As far as food options, we do have a 24 hour menu with much more variety. Breakfast is kept more simple to make sure that the hotels are able to remain consistent and we can often make special orders during breakfast if we have the ingredients. Please let us know next time you are staying with us.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Attendants super friendly, nice breakfast room (American style), allowed forward purchases in advance of my arrival, close to Best Buy, Toy's R Us and other stores. Outside the malls beside you will need a car to any other activity, even to get to a good restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Eduardo for your kind remarks about our staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in Austin. Keep in mind that we have a complimentary shuttle which runs to all area dining, shopping, and attractions and we're happy to help you find the fastest or most affordable transportation anywhere else in town.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nice place. Clean. Well appointed.
But you would think that front desk staff would - first off - be made aware of a plumbing problem, second, have a clue as to the estimated time to repair, and finally...offer some sort of discount, apology, compensation for the simple fact that THERE WAS NO HOT WATER!

GEEZ!

Green Features: The thermostat was set at least 5 degrees too cool to even pretend that they care about the environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We can't fix a problem if we're not aware of it! I am sorry that you had such a disappointing experience.
I am aware that our property water had to be shut off briefly to repair a burst pipe. Once the water was turned back on, it took a while for our large water heaters to refill, and to re-heat the water for the property. As you point out, the issue is frustrating because of the lack of communication, and for that I apologize. We will certainly endeavor to improve the communication between our shifts, so that all of our staff is aware in the infrequent case that we have an service interruption due to repairs.
I invite you to return to our hotel so that we can have a second opportunity to meet your expectations. And I ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally welcome you back and ensure that your stay is of the high quality we provide to all of our guests. Again, thank you for your business, and for letting us know of your experience.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on business. The rooms are very spacious with a refrigerator. The staff was very friendly and hosts happy hour every evening. They have a shuttle and can take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius. Less than half a mile away is a movie theater and shopping. I took the shuttle there but walked back. The hotel back parking lot is just across the street from the theater. There are also some nice restaurants close by. My only criticism is that the pool is small and wasn't very resort-like.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I appreciate your comments; it's wonderful to hear confirmation of how welcoming our staff is with you and our other guests. I certainly invite you to return the next time you are in Austin. When you do, please keep in mind that we have an arrangement with the Embassy Suites next door: their guests who prefer to use an outdoor pool are welcome to use ours, and our guests who prefer an indoor pool can use theirs. Perhaps you would find it helpful to have access to their pool without having to pay the higher rates associated with that hotel. Either way, we look forward to seeing you again!
houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Well equipped room. Comfortable for a family of 4. Sleeper couch is fine for kids. Nice selection of foods available at lobby food service counter. Easy to find. It's not directly in the Arboretum but within a two minute drive. Air conditioners are the split kind so the fan is noisy

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Please keep in mind that we are happy to transport you in our complimentary shuttle anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel, including the Arboretum and Domain shopping areas. I also hope that if you experience any inconvenience on a future stay, that you will bring it to our attention immediately so that it can be addressed by our staff promptly. Again, thank you, for your comments, and for your business.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose this Hyatt based on location. I have stayed at another Hyatt place and knew the suite-type floor plan would work well for our small family of 3. The room included a large separate sitting area with couch, a refrigerator, and work area. We enjoyed the variety at the complimentary continental breakfast , and although we ate later in the morning, all items were available. The best part of our stay was how accommodating the front desk staff were. We were pleasantly greeted upon check-in, and our room request for a quiet room near the end of a hall was fulfilled. Unfortunately, our daughter became ill during our stay, and we had to leave early. We truly appreciate that we were not charged for the last night of our reservation and the understanding of the staff and manager. We will stay here again not only because of the convinient N. Austin location and amenities, but also because of the excellent customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is fully recovered.
Secondly, I agree that, although our rooms are larger than, and have appointments not often found in, our competitors' rooms, it is our staff that is our true selling point. I'm glad that you chose us, and I look forward to your return visit. Please feel free to introduce yourself, and your daughter, to me when you are back so I can personally welcome you. Thank you for your business!
Los Altos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel gave me a pretty bad first impression. I found out that my reservation was somehow cancelled by the front desk even though the booking was on Hyatt website as well as the mobile app. The staff apologized, told me that they are full and offered me a room at the Embassy Suite next door. I asked whether they can arrange a room at the nearby Hyatt House that's just half a mile down the road. The staff mentioned that they preferred Embassy because of some agreement with them. As a Hyatt Diamond member I really preferred a Hyatt property.. I was a bit puzzled. At the time the manager showed up and magically made a room available to me.
Other than the not-so-pleasant check-in experience, the hotel is OK. Getting to the hotel could be a bit tricky as it's situated near a huge intersection of 2 major highways. But it's next to a big shopping center so lots of dining options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry that you did not have a good first impression of the hotel and that you did not initially feel welcome. Certainly that is not the impression we would want to make, and not the experience we want any of our guests to have. I'm not quite sure why that situation occurred, and I am grateful you brought it to my attention so that it can be addressed.
We always strive to provide each of our guests the highest quality of service and hospitality that they expect. It is my sincere hope that you will return to Austin and offer us the opportunity to make a better second impression. I invite you to contact me directly so that I may be aware of your arrival. And also, please be aware that we are more than happy to provide detailed driving directions over the telephone, and complimentary shuttle service to dozens of dining options within 3 miles of the hotel.
I look forward to having another chance to impress you and exceed your expectations.

Been to Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum? Share your experiences!