“Good location. Nice room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum

You added Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3612 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #83 of 187 Hotels in Austin
houston, TX
“Good location. Nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Well equipped room. Comfortable for a family of 4. Sleeper couch is fine for kids. Nice selection of foods available at lobby food service counter. Easy to find. It's not directly in the Arboretum but within a two minute drive. Air conditioners are the split kind so the fan is noisy

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your impressions. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Please keep in mind that we are happy to transport you in our complimentary shuttle anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel, including the Arboretum and Domain shopping areas. I also hope that if you experience any inconvenience on a future stay, that you will bring it to our attention immediately so that it can be addressed by our staff promptly. Again, thank you, for your comments, and for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We chose this Hyatt based on location. I have stayed at another Hyatt place and knew the suite-type floor plan would work well for our small family of 3. The room included a large separate sitting area with couch, a refrigerator, and work area. We enjoyed the variety at the complimentary continental breakfast , and although we ate later in the morning, all items were available. The best part of our stay was how accommodating the front desk staff were. We were pleasantly greeted upon check-in, and our room request for a quiet room near the end of a hall was fulfilled. Unfortunately, our daughter became ill during our stay, and we had to leave early. We truly appreciate that we were not charged for the last night of our reservation and the understanding of the staff and manager. We will stay here again not only because of the convinient N. Austin location and amenities, but also because of the excellent customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is fully recovered.
Secondly, I agree that, although our rooms are larger than, and have appointments not often found in, our competitors' rooms, it is our staff that is our true selling point. I'm glad that you chose us, and I look forward to your return visit. Please feel free to introduce yourself, and your daughter, to me when you are back so I can personally welcome you. Thank you for your business!
Los Altos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel gave me a pretty bad first impression. I found out that my reservation was somehow cancelled by the front desk even though the booking was on Hyatt website as well as the mobile app. The staff apologized, told me that they are full and offered me a room at the Embassy Suite next door. I asked whether they can arrange a room at the nearby Hyatt House that's just half a mile down the road. The staff mentioned that they preferred Embassy because of some agreement with them. As a Hyatt Diamond member I really preferred a Hyatt property.. I was a bit puzzled. At the time the manager showed up and magically made a room available to me.
Other than the not-so-pleasant check-in experience, the hotel is OK. Getting to the hotel could be a bit tricky as it's situated near a huge intersection of 2 major highways. But it's next to a big shopping center so lots of dining options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a good first impression of the hotel and that you did not initially feel welcome. Certainly that is not the impression we would want to make, and not the experience we want any of our guests to have. I'm not quite sure why that situation occurred, and I am grateful you brought it to my attention so that it can be addressed.
We always strive to provide each of our guests the highest quality of service and hospitality that they expect. It is my sincere hope that you will return to Austin and offer us the opportunity to make a better second impression. I invite you to contact me directly so that I may be aware of your arrival. And also, please be aware that we are more than happy to provide detailed driving directions over the telephone, and complimentary shuttle service to dozens of dining options within 3 miles of the hotel.
I look forward to having another chance to impress you and exceed your expectations.
Cedarburg, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice place...The rooms are spacious--the bathroom could be a bit bigger but it wasnt a problem. We liked the pool and the location--a quick trip down the highway to downtown Austin. Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were really delicious! I loved the little breakfast sandwiches!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place, and we look forward to your next visit!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've never stayed at a Hyatt Place but was overall pleased with everything. Most importantly the front desk radiated excellent customer service, efficiency and friendly attitude which usually gives me a feel that I am going to have a good experience. It was UT commencement and I booked 6 weeks in advance through Priceline "name your own price", I was glad to at least get a room in town so obviously I wasn't crazy about the location (Not the hotels fault), I'm sure it's great for some people and close to the Arboretum. Nice colorful lobby, room had a nice layout, I was disappointed there was no free wifi. The place was only 2 years old and our room had that wear and tear, unique to Austin hotels. Room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was complimentary and very good. There is also a 24 hour bistro type cafe , full bar, pretty much all you need. Probably most I've ever paid on "name your own price", but can't complain, the kid graduated...finally, so, it was all good. I've avoided the chain hotels lately but my experience here changes my opinion. Again, I had to pay too much because I waited too late to book.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent business. We value our guests and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to be one of the most centrally located hotels in the Domain/Arboretum area so we are very popular and some days can book up well in advance. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you might be coming to Austin and I will do my best to make sure that you get the very best deal possible. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the WiFi as it is complimentary in both the public areas and all guest rooms. I hope that we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future.
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our first time to Austin (early May) and we loved the Hyatt Place downtown location. Javier welcomed us, gave us lots of helpful information about the area, restaurants, and where to walk/where not to walk after dark. His enthusiasm still makes me smile. The rooms and bathroom were wonderful. Valet service was great and very helpful with departing directions. Breakfast was very nice. Construction is going on all around the area but it didn't distract from our stay at the hotel. I'd definitely stay at another Hyatt Place. Thank you, and especially to Javier.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing Hyatt Place. I wish I could take credit for your stay but it sounds like you were actually at our downtown location. Brad and Lori do a great job at that hotel and I'm so pleased the Javier gave you such great service that you wanted to recognize him. I will make sure that we let him know how valuable he is to Hyatt. One great thing about Hyatt Place is that you can count on the product being consistent from place to place and if you are ever back in Austin, we hope that you will choose Hyatt Place again.
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Sometimes a little understaffed for free breakfast. Would stay again if working in arboretum. The gym has 2 treadmills which were very well maintained. But don.t go during rush hour. Free headphones were a nice touch.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We do love SXSW and enjoy the festival goers we have at the hotel. We are perfect for guest wanting to be near the Domain or the Arboretum in Northwest Austin and very happy to be the main backup to those wishing to be near downtown. We do have a Hyatt Place downtown and we would always be honored to have you back if you choose to stay with us again next time.

Been to Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum? Share your experiences!