“Friendly, Modern, Comfortable... Exactly what to expect with Hyatt!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum

You added Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3612 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #80 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
“Friendly, Modern, Comfortable... Exactly what to expect with Hyatt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Traveling to visit Georgetown, TX, I found this Hyatt place in Austin. Being a Hyatt snob, I am willing to drive just a little further to stay at one of their properties. This location provided excellent access to areas North of down town, and a much easier than expect drive from the airport. There is a controlled access freeway from the airport to this part of Austin.

The group working the front desk, including a woman who had just moved from Houston, were very welcoming, and further inforced my belief that Texans are more friendly than us Minnesotans! (Don't mistake Minnesota nice for Minnesota passive agressive) I was provided details on the energy efficiency feature of the room, and directions to the local burger joint that my seat mate on the flight in suggested. Service at the small lounge in the hotel was eaqually good.

The room is exactly the same as any other Hyatt Place, and was fully functionaly. The availability of the plug in options for the TV make Hyatt a great place to stay if traveling with a business group, and need to work together on a project (Which I did while staying at the Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport in May). Suggestion: find a way to make it easier to get the desk in a location/movable to watch TV while working. It can be made to work, but is a little wonky.

The bed was big and comfortable, and I slept like a baby. The TV is HUGE, and visable from all parts of the roowm.

The bathroom is nice, and the shower is above par.

Overall, I will definately consider this location for my next trip to the Austin area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North side of the building. A building is in view, but was better than a park...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I'm so glad that you are a loyal client of Hyatt Hotels, and that that is what brought you to our location. But even more so, I am gratified to hear about how well Chelsea welcomed you and answered your questions.
As our location was converted to a Hyatt Place franchise from an AmeriSuites design, there is a little we can do to re-arrange the room design. I can let you know that the newest generation of Hyatt Place hotels that are currently under development and construction, will address some of the design improvements that have been suggested in the past.
I'm looking forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place Arboretum. I hope you will introduce yourself to me when you are next in Austin. Again, thank you for your comments, and your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We travel alot and rest assured that a Hyatt Place will be clean, friendly, smell nice, and have a free bkfst buffet with healthy choices. The Austin property had it all, plus it is close to downtown and shopping centers. The real surprise was the restaurant right next door.....Buco di Beppy, Italian restaurant....how convenient....and NOT fast food. It's a nice way to get off the highway and feel like you can splurge on dinner!! My husband loves the large tv and the rooms are large, with the seating area and desk away from the beds to provide extra space. The only suggestion would be for them to spruce up the pool area with some plants/flowers, but the pool furniture was good and the pool sparkled! We used Hyatt Places for the roundtrip from S. Carolina to Texas, and each of the hotels and surrounding area was excellent. Our next stay is in Charlotte by the airport........we use Hyatt Places all the time and never had any maintenance or service issues. And, all of the staff have gone out of their way to be professional and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to record your experiences. Your road trip sounds like a lot of fun, and I'm glad our brand was an important part of your plans. I will be sure to take your comments about our pool into consideration next time I have a meeting with the owners. In the meantime, I hope we will see you again when you are next in Austin. We look forward to your next visit.
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

There were loose tiles on the bathroom floor and a piece of counter top came off by the coffee station when I put my arm on it waiting for my coffee to finish. Also I know it is cricket season, but we were on the fourth floor and still had a couple in the rooms. There were a couple of stains on the couch that I think could have been removed. I felt non-welcomed by the staff and had the house keeping staff open my door twice before noon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for taking the time to express your dissatisfaction, and I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations, nor our standards. The challenges you experienced are of the type that I would have preferred to address personally with you while you were still our guest, so that we could have made it right for you. I encourage you to contact me personally, as I would be interested in discussing the situation further with you. We are constantly working to improve our service and housekeeping standards, which is something I discuss with the staff daily. I am sure that, if you were to give us another opportunity to impress you, you will be quite pleased with your next stay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I met my friend at the hotel for a girls weekend getaway. The amenities were pleasant and it is a nice location for accessibility. The breakfast offered was a nice treat and there were plenty of options and it was kept clean. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. It's very rewarding to hear such positive comments regarding our new breakfast options. I'm glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay; although we are primarily a hotel for business travelers, clearly our amenities are well-suited for weekend leisure travelers as well. I look forward to your next stay; please feel free to introduce yourself to me so I can welcome you back!
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is convenient, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast options were far better than some of the earlier reviews report. I'll stay here again when I visit Austin.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your impressions of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our new breakfast options. I hope that the next time you stay with us, you will introduce yourself to me so that I can personally welcome you back to Austin.
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a nice hotel.Free wonderful breakfast,parking,and wi fi.
The rooms are very comfortable and are actually a suite large and well decorated.
We did not have an issue with the air.Room cooled off quickly even in the 100degree weather.
Staff were very pleasent and we even had free driver service to the new shopping center The Domain.
The hotel is right off a major highway and near many restaurants.
As travel agents we would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Austin, as well as your clients.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Once again, I needed a place to stay in the Austin Arboretum area on short notice. I used a "hidden name" reservation service and ended up at the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum. My room was a really, really good deal, and I would gladly have paid more.

The location is good, near 183, MoPac, and 360, and close to lots of businesses, shopping, and restaurants.

My check-in experience was excellent - quick, accurate, and friendly. My room was very nice, and looked to have been updated relatively recently, with everything in good condition. The layout is a little chopped up but it works, with a work area, a living room area with a sectional sofa, and a bed area. The bed was very comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was a little small, and had only a shower (no tub). Rooms feature a very large flat screen TV with multiple easy-access connectivity options - if you have the cables, you can connect a computer or DVD player. WiFi is free and reasonably fast. Breakfast buffet is included and offers a good variety of hot and cold options. The hotel also has an outdoor pool (nice in the Texas heat) and a small workout room.

There are several hotels in this part of Austin, but I would not hesitate to return to the Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_Arboretum, General Manager at Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to report your experience to us. It is very gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and to know that we are succeeding in pleasing our guests. I look forward to your next visit, and I hope you will introduce yourself to me so I can personally welcome you back. When making your next reservation, please keep in mind that our rooms with two double beds have a bathtub/shower combo, while our rooms with one king bed have a shower stall.

Been to Hyatt Place Austin/Arboretum? Share your experiences!