“Always Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7625 East Ben White Blvd., Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #97 of 187 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is likely the best three star motel/hotel I have stayed at, and I consider myself a frequent worldwide traveller. In fact, I have stayed in a number of four star hotels (including in Austin) that charge double the rates which are sub-par to this hotel. I stayed over two weeks in this hotel on a business trip.

Staffs are extremely friendly, and always greet you with a smile - special mentions for the ladies and gentlemen at the front desk.

Rooms are always clean with large flat screen TV, and comfortably lit (I spent alot of time working from my room). King rooms have a microwave and refrigerator too. Bed is quite comfortable, and more importantly -- looks clean (ie like they actually wash the blankets !!)

Free wifi throughout hotel

Free computer usage downstairs with free printing !!

Exercise room was not fancy, but had machines which weren't too clunky like some of the low tier hotels.

Location is near airport and next to a strip mall where there's a Starbucks, Subway, Waffle House, and a Mexican food restaurant. There's also a gas station in the strip.

They also have a nice area for sitting outside, and the pool area was comfortable to chill out.

I did not try the breakfast so have no opinion.

Really nothing to fault -- great value !

Would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Double rooms do not have fridge and microwave. Kings do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Flew into Austin for a weekend meeting, my convention hotel was booked Friday night so I stayed at this La Quinta because of its easy access/shuttle from the airport. The staff were fantastic, wake up call, breakfast, and called me a cab with a smile. The room was very nice, obviously updated recently, and at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Because of airline delays and cancellations, my airline was forced to put me up in a hotel. None of the hotels that they contracted with were available because of the UT game, and they had to find an alternate hotel. Needless to say, I was quite apprehensive about La Quinta. That is, until I got there, and was very pleasantly surprised. Even though it was near midnight, the staff was very friendly, pleasant and efficient.

Compared to the supposedly 3-star hotel in Austin where I had spent the previous 3 nights, La Quinta was like a breath of fresh air. It is rated a 2-star hotel, but my room was spacious and very clean, had great bed(s), and was relatively quiet (second floor). Even though I had to leave around 5 a.m. for the airport, the friendly breakfast person was already busy setting out the coffee and breakfast items so I was able to eat something.

Pluses: friendly staff, very clean room, great beds, near the airport, next door to Denny's restaurant (open all night, which is great when you arrive at midnight), free shuttle to/from airport, free continental breakfast.
Minuses: none

Room Tip: Second floor away from lobby
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

A nice newer motel. It is super close to the airport. The motel is just a few miles to downtown as well. The road in front is very busy, but we found that exiting and entering via the back was much quicker. The flat panel TV and wi-fi worked perfectly. There are free papers in the morning. We were able to print our boarding passes at the business center. The continental breakfast had the usuall items, and a pleasant dining area. Hotels in the Ausitn airport area seemed pricey. We got a resoanable deal on this one via the Expedia online secret hotel program.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My spouse and I checked in early evening on a Friday night for a two night stay. The front desk agent asked for an ID and credit card, then let us know that he put us in a room on the first floor just around the corner from the lobby "to make it easy on you folks." What? I know we're in our 50's, but come on now.

Although the room itself was spacious, a few things that were not so great. The location "just around the corner from the lobby" meant that everyone coming into or leaving the hotel was just outside our wall. Noisy. At all hours. The bed was very firm, not comfortable at all. The air system seems to be on a timer, as all air circulation ceased at about midnight each night. Even though we manually turned the fan to "on", nothing happened until about 9 the next morning - both mornings it was the same. The other thing is that the bathroom amenities left a lot to be desired. Athough towels were plentiful, some were soft while others were more like sandpaper. One tiny bar of soap was provided, and a small shampoo but no conditioner (and as someone with long hair, conditioner is a must).

Upon checkout, we questioned the price that we had booked online. Looking at our printed confirmation, we noticed that the price was not on it - just check-in, check-out dates and directions. The front desk agent at that time said that the only thing she knew that the "rate for last night" was a certain amount. I asked if all rooms had the same rate, and she agreed that they did. Really?

All in all, location is convenient, rooms are spacious, a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge are nice to have if you need them but that's about all I can say. I personally will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport? Share your experiences!