“Not a bad stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas, United States
“Not a bad stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire(2nd time using it) and after reading the reviews i was a little worried. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. The front desk clerk was as sweet as can be.. We got there early and she let us check in at no extra charge. We did get wrong room choices which was quickly corrected without any hassle.The breakfast was what to be expected, typical items, waffle, fruit, coffee, juice etc. As for the rooms, they were comfortable enough, clean. The only thing I could see wrong was that the tubs do need to be resurfaced, the grunge gives thwm a dirty look. All in all I would stay there again, like I said I got this hotel through Hotwire so the price of the rooms was great. Hope this helps.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Probably because the easy access to a fast getaway the smash and grab punks target this facility.
Insult to injury having to rush down to Austin from Dallas to spend 7 days at the hospital with a very sick daughter, on the 8-9 day needed to getaway and sleep on a bed not a couch or chair. PRO- they did give us a discount for the hospital thing…
But some jack-hole broke out the side window cost 189$ and there was another car with broken side window.
Just going to chalk this up as when it rains it pours!!
F

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two nights on our way to New Orleans. A local friend found this location for us because we needed a place that would take my cat. This particular LaQuinta took pets with no additional fee which I really appreciated. Room was clean and staff was nice. If you have a pet, make sure you tell housekeeping not to go in your room because I'm not sure if the front desk staff tells them or not. Location was great too!

The interesting thing was I got the AARP rate for both nights. Saturday night was $125.10 plus tax, and Sunday night was $76.50 plus tax. I think that's a huge discrepancy for weekend vs. week night rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Mopac North was very nice. The rooms were clean and enjoyed the BreaKfast and everyone was so nice. The only problem was they couldn't print my Receipt, but it was emailed to me.
Thank you for a Wonderful stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was very disappointed with this La Quinta Location. First of all my co-worker had reserved a king size bed room and she was moved to a double beds room without even being asked! Secondly, my room had a bad smell to it. The next morning at breakfast I was surprised that there were no scrambled eggs and only one waffle maker and they had ran out of regular coffee!! And then to top it all off no Social Hour!! Incredible!! People who stay at La Quinta expect more from this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our sons & their families live in Austin. We have tried several of the other chains and find this particular LaQuinta to match our needs perfectly. Be careful to note when there are big events in Austin as the rates increase dramatically. So, if your travel plans are flexible, keep this in mind. Otherwise, it is quite nice for the $ spent. Not the Ritz, but not the cost of the Ritz, either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed here for business and enjooyed my stay. The whole staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I needed to get several places, and this hotel is out in the northern suburbs a little bit. The shuttle driver not only took me places I needed to go (including when I really needed Starbucks), but also gave me tips on the public transit system, food, shopping, etc. Speaking of public transit, if you do stay here and want a quick and easy way into downtown, take the newish train service. The stop was nearby (near the Domain shopping area) and cost $1; it only took 25 minutes to be in downtown Austin!

This is a La Quinta so it's not super fancy or high-end. What I like about LQ is that they are bright, clean, friendly, and inexpensive (most places). This one had a nice courtyard where the pool was located, although I didn't use it. The lobby was large and quite bright. The room I had was large, had a fridge and microwave, and a nice spacious working desk with office chair and plenty of outlets. Oh, and the internet was blazing fast...especially for a hotel property.

When I am next on business here, I would definitely stay here again. Mostly because of the price and the friendliness of the staff. If the shuttle was available later than 4 pm it would be ideal, as getting to dinner required a long walk in the Texas heat or getting a cab.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Mopac North? Share your experiences!