“Decent Accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 E 11th Street, Austin, TX 78701   |
Ranked #120 of 187 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel that is walking distance to pretty much everything in downtown Austin, then La Quinta Capitol is the right place. My husband and I have been staying there for ACL weekend for the last three years, and we plan to use this hotel in the future when we visit Austin. It's an old hotel, and it isn't pretty to look at. Don't expect the guest rooms to be any different. The beds, HVAC, and the TV are upgraded, but that's about it......there aren't any plugs on the nightstand for charging cell phones.....these rooms are almost solidly stuck in 1985. But we don't care. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the AC works like a charm, and we didn't have to use our car for four days.....everything is a comfortable walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked this hotel as we wanted to be able to walk to 6th street. On arrival we used the valet (extra charge) but it was easy. We had a room on the third floor, nice and large and clean. Service was good no complaints would stay there again

Room Tip: You can ask for a ground room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Easy checkin, mandatory Valet parking but price is right at 12. 99 a night and given that it's right on E. 11th Street with no real parking, Valet is a good thing. For the money and location, the room wasn't too bad. The bed was very comfortable, the AC worked Great (albeit noisy), and it's within walking distance of many attractions downtown. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: remember, parking is Mandatory Valet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel a couple of times whilst visiting Austin from Australia. Never had any issues until I stayed again very recently. The fellow who checked us in was rude, obviously having a bad day , the room - well not even sure where to start. I was a solo traveller this time and was dissappinted to find that my room was directly next to the main entrance door, no door jam and i felt extremely unsafe( the door shook every time someone slammed the glass doors), The noise was terrible , hearing every other visitor coming in and out just wasn't pleasant at all. I asked to be moved and was advised that this option couldn't be offered...I accepted this as i was already frustrated and feeling like I was putting the grumpy desk clerk out.Despite cocroaches crawling up the walls and not so clean room and filthy desk chair, decided I would just stay put and complain upon checkout when he wasn't there however I vow never to stay here again which is disspointing given we have had such good experiences previously, Upon checkout I advised the lady clerk who apologised , however still insisted I pay for a nights valet parking for my friend who stayed due to me being so uncomfortable even thought the boys in the carparking who were awesome by the way insisted that I didn't have to pay. Not happy at all.....and wont be going back nor recommending to my fellow travelling friends.

Room Tip: Ensure you do not accept the room directly next to the glass entrance doors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed overnight there befor going back to san antinio the hotel was very clean and the
staff were very friendly and helpful also had continental breakfast bagels coffee muffins
toast and more. there is not a thing I did not like about it would stay again when I go back
to austin

Room Tip: ask to see the room if they are not busy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Paderborn, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The motel is next to the capitol and close to the Bullock Texas State History Museum and other downtown attractions. On my arrival I had to give away the car to the - announced - valet parking spot for an additional fee, after a formal welcome and check-in I went up with my luggage, noticing that getting into and out of the elevator with the luggage cart isn't too easy caused by a big gap in which the wheels get stuck. The outside floor to get to the room was small so that the luggage had to scratch at the ceiling. The room itself was very dark, damaged lamps hadn't been replaced and the bath was tiny, really, really, tiny. The ice machine on the 4th floor where i was located was damaged, when I asked for another ice machine to cool my arm, which I injured during my stay (not in the motel), I was just sent to the machine on the ground level. Even if the staff knew about my injured arm no help with the luggage was offered during check-out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol? Share your experiences!