I've never reviewed a hotel before but afte reading all of the other reviews, I felt it necessary to share my comments.
I stayed here for a week for SXSW, so it was a really busy time. This was the cheapest place i could find in the downtown area.
The reception and valet staff were fantastic... Really friendly and helpful.
My room was actually really nice and quite roomy. Plenty of space in the bathroom too and very clean.
The location was perfect, only a few blocks walk to 6th street.
We did pay a lot per night, but everywhere was overpriced at this time over the festival. As other people have said, it is more of a motel than a hotel, but it is honestly quite nice.
The lift and hallways are a bit old and grotty, but apart from that I was really satisfied with the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol Hotel Austin
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol Hotel
- La Quinta Austin
- Austin La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol is located in the heart of downtown Austin near the Texas State Capitol Complex and the University of Texas Campus. With La Quinta as your home base, you have easy access to all popular area attractions: Sixth Street Dining and Entertainment...see more District, West End Shops and restaurants, a local brewery, the Convention Center, and Texas State History Museum. Tour the area in a "Duck", a six-wheel drive military power vehicle. View a massive population of bats at the "Bat Bridge". Ride the Austin Steam Train. Visit LBJ Wildflower Center, Austin Children's Museum, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, LBJ Library, or cheer on your favorite University of Texas sports team. You can do it all from here! Start each day at the La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol with a Free Bright Side Breakfast� arranged by our friendly staff. Enjoy free wireless high-speed Internet access in the lobby. We have a 24-hour fitness center to get you going and a refreshing swimming pool to cool you down. Capitol Metro Buses stop across from our driveway. The hotel is easily accessible, just 3 blocks west of I-35, and within walking distance of all major area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Olotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.