“I'll be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Allandale

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Allandale to your Saves list
Hotel Allandale
7685 Northcross Drive, Austin, TX 78757 (Formerly Northcross Suites Hotel Austin)   |
Ranked #119 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
“I'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visit Austin 3-4 times a year and usually stay Downtown, using Priceline to bid for a 4 star and typically get great room for around $100.00. Hotels there were booked heavily- no deals to be had. I have looked Allendale over for years on the web. Because the reviews are all over the place, I decided to take a chance and stop by coming into Austin and ask to see a room. Woody set it up for Ed to show us a suite and a "hotel room", which they don't typically rent but they too were booked. The suite is large and very nice - I would go for that in the future. The hotel room was typical of a good hotel room and very clean, priced at $69. We stayed 3 nights. These are very nice people, the place is kept well, and there is alot to do in this neighborhood of Austin, such as restaurants, brew pubs, and second hand/consignment stores. It is 5.5 miles north of downtown, easy access to MoPac.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Hotel Allandale is my favorite place to stay in Austin. It's a converted assisted living facility with individual apartments. Your "room"' is actually a full apartment with a kitchen. The price is extremely affordable, and includes a continental breakfast. Check it out!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a lovely lovely time at the Hotel Allandale ....from the moment at check in by the terrifc gal with the red hair ( sorry I forgot her name ! ) to Ed, another front office/desk employee .Woody and Craig were all just so friendly and helpful There was free parking,a shuttle serice ...nice little computer Area ...and Yes my room was a bit dated...but it was very clean...the bed was wonderful...bathroom was immaculate and the rate was very low at the time I booked by phone.
I actually have worked in hotels off and on My entire life ,and i have to say the staff just made me feel so at home here. I am well familiar with all the cookie cutter Brands of hotels all around ...they are great too..but I was looking for something slightly different and fun and unique ..and The hotel Allndale was just a perfect fit. It is a converted apartment/condo complex and it was terrfic...very cool..loved it ..had to Fly back to south Florida before the breakfast the following morning ...but I look forward to coming back and trying that out too !! Thank you for a great stay ..personality plus !! four stars for service !!!

Room Tip: apartment hotel..so all rooms pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was very surprised by this great find. This looks like a converted Condo complex, so my room was VERY large...had kitchen facilities, room to work and to relax and it was very easy to get to. It was also very close to a lot of restaurants and shopping in case something is forgotten. I ate at the Thai place just around the corner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

When looking around the property, you can see some units appear to be more updated, but the room we were given was in a really shabby looking unit. It was no surprise to find the room was a least two to three decades out of date. The bed was incredibly unsupportive, just soft and overused. I don't want to even think about how old it probably was and how many people had slept on it! The furniture and fixtures were grungy, in the kind of way that no amount of cleaning would fix, they just needed to be thrown out and replaced. The lobby and pool appear to have been somewhat updated and were much cleaner looking. I didn't eat breakfast, but the offerings were decent and the breakfast room well attended. I just have to mention though, they had the worst coffee, bitter and weak with no fresh creamer. I wasn't expecting Starbucks, but it would have been nice if they had at least coffee that was drinkable. The staff was friendly, although they didn't seem particularly professional in appearance or mannerisms. I booked my room through Expedia, so I wondered if that effected the quality of room I was given, but I guess I will never know. I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The rooms were nice- clean, spacious, and a good value. However, that is the only nice thing I can say about the place. All four of the people I dealt with were either incompetent or just unhelpful. They didn't reserve the type of rooms that we wanted. As a result, we had small children in the room above us running around at 2am making enough racket to wake up my parents. After the first night, we tried to switch rooms but couldn't. They also locked us out of our rooms after the first night because they had our rooms reserved for only one night instead of two we had actually made the reservation for. When my father spoke with the people at the front desk, they were unhelpful and wouldn't take any responsibility. The manager was out of the weekend and so we couldn't speak with him because we were checking out on Sunday. We were offered no discount or compensation for the inconveniences they had caused.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Miguel De Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a nice hotel with very big suites including a kitchen and living room. The air conditioning is actually QUIET. Amazing. Nice breakfast. The only problem is they are two story units so you need to carry your suitcase upstairs on your own.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Allandale? Share your experiences!