“Top Shelf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3713 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #78 of 182 hotels in Austin
“Top Shelf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I work with a 15u baseball team that travels all over Texas, Oklahoma and Florida for baseball tournaments. Recently we needed to find accommodations in Austin for 4 day tournament. Kaylee Williems and her team at the Residence Inn Austin Stepped up and not only welcomed us in, but made us feel like we were long lost family. The entire staff from house keeping, front desk to maintenance knew who we were, why we were there and made sure we had everything we needed.

I can't recommend any hotel more than i can this one for its outstanding staff, facility and location for getting around Austin. If you have a group and need housing, contact Kaylee at the hotel and tell her the Storm Baseball Team sent you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear okstatefanz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your stay! We will definitely recognize Kaylee, our Sales Manager, for her outstanding work with the baseball team, as well as our entire team! Thanks for sharing!

Warm Regards,

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed July 1-7. we were there ti watch our son and the baseball team he plays with play in the World Series. When we got there our check in took less than 5 minutes. Our room was great!! The staff at the hotel went above and beyond to make our Baseball Club ( The TEXAS Drillers 13 U Majors ) feel at home and just like family, they even bought the team a cookie cake wishing them good luck. It had all the accommodations of home. Boys enjoyed the sports court. I miss them already and would stay there again and again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Momzie3,

We miss you and the Texas Drillers baseball team as well, and we can’t wait until you come back again! Thank you so much for your review and if there is anything that I can ever assist with regarding hotel accommodations at our Residence Inn, please consider me at your service.

Best,
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel five nights last week. We were there to watch our grandson play in a baseball tournament. The entire team stayed there along with parents and a few grandparents. The rooms were clean, the air conditioners worked well, and it was fairly quiet. They have a full hot breakfast that was very good. Also they serve snacks Monday through Thursday in the evening. They had Frito pie one night, hamburgers and hot dogs one night, fajitas one night, etc.. They had beer, wine, and soft drinks also. One night they brought a giant cookie that was decorated with the team's name out to the pool to give to the boys!

The boys enjoyed playing basketball on the sports court they had which was nice for them to have something to do when not playing baseball.

The staff was the best of any hotel we have ever stayed!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room where the bedroom was separate and had a TV in the living room and one in the be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear njdb,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell other travelers about your experience with us! One of the perks of Residence Inn’s by Marriott is our daily full hot breakfast buffet, as well as our evening social hour where we serve beer, wine and soft drinks in addition to a full dinner, which of course is included in our nightly rates! Your comment regarding our staff and how we are the best of any hotel that you have ever stayed was absolutely marvelous to hear! Thanks again and we can’t wait for you and the baseball team to come back next year!!

Have a wonderful day!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had an urgent need for a temporary residence due to an emergency with our home. The staff were excellent and very helpful. My wife and I stayed with our two small children. The free breakfast and free cookies at night certainly made our stay enjoyable. The value was also very good for a two bedroom suite. Property was very quiet ( with the exception of our two kids)-sorry Ron L.

Dear Jason M,

We do our best to make certain that our staff is trained and well versed to go out of their way to make sure you have a top notch experience at the Residence Inn Austin NW/Arboretum, and it is music to our ears that we achieved this with you!! Thanks for your review and we’ll see you soon!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my wife and I. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The hotel is pet friendly as well which was perfect for us as our little dauchsunds are our children. They even had dog treats for them when we checked in. We will definitely choose the Residence Inn Arboretum on our next trip to Austin. What a great location as well.

Dear Marco G,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. One of the benefits of the Residence Inn by Marriott is that we are pet friendly and we love to see our guests taking advantage of our amenities such as the free dog treats :). We hope to see you again soon.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Relocating a family member to this area I thought would be a difficult task, instead it turned out to a pleasure. This Residence Inn assisted me in handling packages, and giving me directions with other moving tasks, like car transport drop off point which was a crucial issue. Additionally,the welcoming greeting each morning at breakfast by the kitchen staff, the assistance from the maintenance person, housekeeping, and a well informed front desk and great manager, Brittany, made this trip easy.
This hotel is not luxurious, a bit tired, but is kept clean with an A+ staff willing to assist your stay any way they could. (ex.Including making sure everyone gets breakfast even if you walk in at the cut off time.
I highly recommend it, and would return.

Dear JAD001,

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Austin to visit your family member!

Best Regards,
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

And what is that smell on the third floor? Very odd and musty and perhaps cooking odors but not that pleasant.

My room, 315, was quiet until the last night when a family with screaming kids moved in. I can hear them as I write this and hope they settle down. Other than that this has been a quiet stay.

The room wasn't completely clean when I got here five days ago. The carpet wasn't vacuumed and I don't think it has been since I have been here. I can see the same dirt in the same place. The stovetop was also dirty but clean on the second day. I had to have them give me a new toaster as the last one only toasted bread on one side. Some of the plastic utensils are partially melted and the stainless steel pans aren't, they had stains that I had to scrub out so I could burn my food on their cheap cookware.

I have no clue what the breakfast buffet is like, I avoid them at all costs due to past experiences. Same for the evening "meal".

The front desk folks were very friendly and did get me the new toaster right away with profuse apologies.

When I am in the area again I will stay elsewhere. The quiet, cool room was OK but too many other flaws.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ron L,

Thank you for the review sir! We are very sorry to hear that we fell below Marriott standards during your time with us and I would love a chance to make this right. We value all of our guest’s feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve our product and our services! Please feel free to reach me directly at the hotel, 512-502-8200, as I would love a chance to speak with you in an effort to make this right.

At your service,
David Bohac

Been to Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!