“Great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

You added Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3713 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
NXNW Brew Package
Ranked #75 of 187 Hotels in Austin
East Texas
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel five nights last week. We were there to watch our grandson play in a baseball tournament. The entire team stayed there along with parents and a few grandparents. The rooms were clean, the air conditioners worked well, and it was fairly quiet. They have a full hot breakfast that was very good. Also they serve snacks Monday through Thursday in the evening. They had Frito pie one night, hamburgers and hot dogs one night, fajitas one night, etc.. They had beer, wine, and soft drinks also. One night they brought a giant cookie that was decorated with the team's name out to the pool to give to the boys!

The boys enjoyed playing basketball on the sports court they had which was nice for them to have something to do when not playing baseball.

The staff was the best of any hotel we have ever stayed!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room where the bedroom was separate and had a TV in the living room and one in the be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear njdb,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to tell other travelers about your experience with us! One of the perks of Residence Inn’s by Marriott is our daily full hot breakfast buffet, as well as our evening social hour where we serve beer, wine and soft drinks in addition to a full dinner, which of course is included in our nightly rates! Your comment regarding our staff and how we are the best of any hotel that you have ever stayed was absolutely marvelous to hear! Thanks again and we can’t wait for you and the baseball team to come back next year!!

Have a wonderful day!
David Bohac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had an urgent need for a temporary residence due to an emergency with our home. The staff were excellent and very helpful. My wife and I stayed with our two small children. The free breakfast and free cookies at night certainly made our stay enjoyable. The value was also very good for a two bedroom suite. Property was very quiet ( with the exception of our two kids)-sorry Ron L.

Dear Jason M,

We do our best to make certain that our staff is trained and well versed to go out of their way to make sure you have a top notch experience at the Residence Inn Austin NW/Arboretum, and it is music to our ears that we achieved this with you!! Thanks for your review and we’ll see you soon!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my wife and I. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The hotel is pet friendly as well which was perfect for us as our little dauchsunds are our children. They even had dog treats for them when we checked in. We will definitely choose the Residence Inn Arboretum on our next trip to Austin. What a great location as well.

Dear Marco G,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. One of the benefits of the Residence Inn by Marriott is that we are pet friendly and we love to see our guests taking advantage of our amenities such as the free dog treats :). We hope to see you again soon.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Relocating a family member to this area I thought would be a difficult task, instead it turned out to a pleasure. This Residence Inn assisted me in handling packages, and giving me directions with other moving tasks, like car transport drop off point which was a crucial issue. Additionally,the welcoming greeting each morning at breakfast by the kitchen staff, the assistance from the maintenance person, housekeeping, and a well informed front desk and great manager, Brittany, made this trip easy.
This hotel is not luxurious, a bit tired, but is kept clean with an A+ staff willing to assist your stay any way they could. (ex.Including making sure everyone gets breakfast even if you walk in at the cut off time.
I highly recommend it, and would return.

Dear JAD001,

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Austin to visit your family member!

Best Regards,
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

And what is that smell on the third floor? Very odd and musty and perhaps cooking odors but not that pleasant.

My room, 315, was quiet until the last night when a family with screaming kids moved in. I can hear them as I write this and hope they settle down. Other than that this has been a quiet stay.

The room wasn't completely clean when I got here five days ago. The carpet wasn't vacuumed and I don't think it has been since I have been here. I can see the same dirt in the same place. The stovetop was also dirty but clean on the second day. I had to have them give me a new toaster as the last one only toasted bread on one side. Some of the plastic utensils are partially melted and the stainless steel pans aren't, they had stains that I had to scrub out so I could burn my food on their cheap cookware.

I have no clue what the breakfast buffet is like, I avoid them at all costs due to past experiences. Same for the evening "meal".

The front desk folks were very friendly and did get me the new toaster right away with profuse apologies.

When I am in the area again I will stay elsewhere. The quiet, cool room was OK but too many other flaws.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ron L,

Thank you for the review sir! We are very sorry to hear that we fell below Marriott standards during your time with us and I would love a chance to make this right. We value all of our guest’s feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve our product and our services! Please feel free to reach me directly at the hotel, 512-502-8200, as I would love a chance to speak with you in an effort to make this right.

At your service,
Pepperell. MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed there on business for 3 days in June 2013. Check-in was painless and I was welcomed as an elite Marriot Rewards member and thanked for my loyalty. I had room 229, which was convenient as I am a smoker so it wasn't too far from the doors. Suite smelled a little of soap, but was otherwise clean and well-kept. Others have noted worn rooms and furnishings - mine seemed fine though the desk chair was a little worn. As others have noted, though, the floor/ceiling thickness is somewhat small, as when the people above me walked around, it was enough to rattle the vent fan and fridge (perhaps this is common to Residence Inn designs as I have noted this in other properties). Despite that, the room was quiet and cool enough to sleep in and work in, despite it being 95+ in Austin.

The standout here, in my opinion, is the staff. Every single person I met was friendly and made me feel at home. During the BBQ night, I overheard one of the staff (manager? I didn't get her name, unfortunately) ask a group who had been staying there for some time out to dinner "her treat". While this type of thing is no doubt built into the hotel's P&L, it still felt like someone making a personal connection and going out of her way to make hotel "guests" feel like hotel "family".

I travel a fair amount (as a million-miler) and this level of service is something I haven't seen often, and then only at Residence Inns. Kudos to the team in Austin NW at the Residence Inn - on my return I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: I would go for a room on the top floor to avoid the "people above me are rattling the pots and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear WinterVacationer,

We can’t thank you enough for the great review! We really appreciate your time and your kind words regarding the staff! We strive to ensure that every guest leaves 100% satisfied and if a problem exists during your stay, our staff is skilled and well trained to resolve the problem and do everything we can to fix it before you leave!

Best,
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed Thursday through Saturday for my bachelorette party. We reserved a two bedroom suite. Very good deal for the money. We had two rooms with queen beds and a queen fold out couch. The kitchen was stocked with all the items you'd need to cook. However, the breakfast and happy hour was great. The fireplace gave an extra touch to the room and there was plenty space for 6 of us to get ready. The staff was great. Even the janitorial staff greeted us every time they saw us and offered us help before we had to ask. Located near shopping restaurants and major highways! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Beth L,

Wow what a great review! We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to tell us about your experience! We can’t wait to welcome you back next time! Thanks again and have a great rest of your week!!

David Bohac

Been to Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!