“more than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum

You added Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum to your Saves list
Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3713 Tudor Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759 (Northwest Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #72 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Plano, Texas, United States
“more than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've traveled extensively over the years and this has been one of the best experiences. The staff was always curtious, the breakfast was fresh and hot with a wide varity to satisfy everyone, the rooms were comfortable and the maid service was excellant. I will be visiting Austin frequently over the next several months and plan to stay at this Residence Inn. Thanks for the great weekend!!

Room Tip: We were here for a family event and everyone's room was great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Bob R,

Thank you so much for your review! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Austin.

David Bohac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn Arboretum in Austin, TX.

Two issues arose during our stay and the staff at the hotel resolved both issues in an extremely efficient and expeditious manner. All of the staff we encountered at this Marriott were exceptional and we will definitely stay at this Residence Inn again!! Such a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try not to take a room on the first floor by the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear SaraandBob,

We wanted to thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us comments about your stay! We ensure that our team is well trained when they encounter a problem with special attention to making sure our guests feel at ease, comfortable and most importantly, satisfied during their entire stay and it makes us feel great when we hear that we accomplished this with you!! Should you ever need anything at all, we would be delighted to assist. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks on business with my dog. I highly recommend this hotel if you have a dog. This hotel is the true definition of Residence Inn. It's located in a commercial area, but it was far enough off the freeway and surrounded by lots of mature trees that it felt less commercial and more like a neighborhood. It felt safe.

My room was soundproof except the noise coming under the door. Had a next door neighbor that blared his TV all day every day. I could hear it plain as day in the hallway - I couldn't hear it in my room. The hotel is in the process of renovating. Rooms are partially updated. My studio room wasn't terribly old feeling, and the furniture is the same new furniture I've seen at new Residence Inns. The room had a mild musty smell, which I've read on other reviews. I couldn't even begin to guess why, but it wasn't knocking me over when I entered the room and was tolerable for me.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was average when compared to other Residence Inns. The evening light meals were just OK, but I still ate it every now and again. I enjoyed the warm cookies they offer in the evenings.

Reasons your DOG will love this place:
Doggie cookie jar at the front desk. Lots of sidewalks everywhere to walk your dog around outside. Very comfortable walks since there is not heavy traffic whizzing by you. The center of the hotel has a small fenced off area to let your dog off leash. On the weekends, I went a few miles south to Lady Bird Lake with my dog. They have an off leash dog area by the Auditorium where your dog can swim and run. The trails around Lady Bird Lake are fantastic as well...this is a true dog paradise. There are dogs everywhere, and it gets quite busy on the weekends but totatlly worth it.

Dear Hingy7,

We appreciate you and can’t thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay! We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel and if we can ever be of assistance, please consider us at your service(512)502-8200. I wanted to mention that our owners certainly recognize that we are a bit older compared to other Residence Inns and we are slotted to have a renovation coming in December of this year(2013)! I’m sure your dog would love to come visit us again too ;). Have a wonderful day and thanks again for stopping by!

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn for two days last weekend - on business in Austin. The other reviews on this property are in total pretty much right on. I had a good stay. The property is clean. The staff is friendly. This is an older property so the walls are thin. Breakfast is not to write home about. But the property is fairly well located.

One suggested strategy. You can walk to the Whole Foods from the Residence Inn. Eating healthy - especially when away from home is especially important to me. So I would go over to Whole Foods and pick up enough to eat in room for two days. My room had a small fridge etc., so that also saves on not having to pay for meals out.

The Starbucks is also within a short drive (less than 5 minutes). All in all I would stay there again and feel pretty good about it. Room price @ $139 Priceline was also reasonable and of course that makes a big difference.

Room Tip: First floor is the way to go in this property.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Deal Kim K,

Thank you for your review!! We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and our property being clean!! Our hotel mission is to be clean and friendly and I’m glad that we achieved this during your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff is friendly and accomodating. They are eager to know you and assist in anyway possible. The rooms are average, not as upgraded as I had expected but doable. The breakfast and managers reception could use a little TLC. Breakfast is the same every morning and the managers reception could use a salad bar. Otherwise, the area is great not far from anything. I have decided to stay for a while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear GilysGirl,

Thank you kindly for the review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share with other customers about your experience! We are very glad that you recognized that our staff is friendly and accommodating as that is what we strive to ensure that every guest receives this service! We hope to welcome you back to Austin with in the near future!

Camden, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Comfortable hotel, full kitchen, separate living area from bedroom. I found it convenient to all major roads that can get you anywhere in the Austin area. Includes breakfast and Internet. Pretty good deal. Only complaint is the shampoo and conditioner bottles look the same, and apparently confuses the service staff. I hate getting in the shower only to find out you have 2 conditioners and no shampoo. So check it when you get to the room

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMRIAustinArboretum, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear RickBeaulieu,

Thank you so much for the review!!! We certainly appreciate the feedback and today we used your compliant about the shampoo and conditioner as a training piece for our housekeeping staff. You did mention that we include breakfast, which is a full hot complimentary breakfast buffet, perfect for families that want to enjoy their time together and for travelers on the go, and we also have complimentary wireless internet, both of which are included in the rate. In addition to those amenities, we offer complimentary full dinner and beer/wine/soft drinks Monday through Thursday, which is a huge hit for our travelers that have families or for those that get back to the hotel and are so tired to grab a bite to eat, they can just come down to our gatehouse! We thank you again and wish you a wonderful day!!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Recently stayed here during a business trip. The staff was very nice. They make you feel at home and welcome everytime they see you. I had a small problem that was resolved immediately and some yummy chocolate chip cookies as a bonus once the issue was resolved. I mentioned it was my birthday during my stay and to my surprise I got a card signed by the staff. That was very thoughtful and really helped to make my birthday a memorable one even being on the road. The beds were very comfortable and the room more than met my needs. The location is great and you have access to 2 major highways (183 and MoPac) and the 35 is pretty close as well. Lots of Restaurants around as well. They do need to add more laundry facilities but most long term stay places are like that. I did not get a chance to use the gym or pool but they look adequate and you can also use the Courtyard pool which is literally right next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephen W,

Wow! What a great review on our hotel! We sincerely appreciate you not only taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel, but also to let other customers know about your stay. We are so glad to hear that you thought our staff was nice and you thought we made you feel at home and welcome as that is what we strive for with each and every guest!! We look to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and if I can be of assistance in anyway, please consider me at your service.

David Bohac

Been to Residence Inn Austin Northwest / Arboretum? Share your experiences!