“Good stay for us” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Austin
Huntsville, Texas
“Good stay for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I purchased two travelzoo vouchers for one night's stay at Vintage Villas for just $69 each. The regular rate for a room on the date I needed was $189. The voucher even included breakfast. The property offers free wireless that was easy to connect to; there is no desk in the room though. There were four of us and we wanted separate rooms; however, some of the rooms have two queen beds that would accommodate four. I called to make the reservation to use both vouchers at the same time, and this was allowed; no problem at all. The property consists of 3 villas which are adjacent to each other with one common (free) parking lot. When we checked in, one of our rooms was in the Central Texas Villa and had a little balcony with a view of Lake Travis, and a huge walk-in shower. The second room we were given was next door to the office in the South Texas Villa. It was small and extremely rustic and was simply not desirable at all and looked exactly like one might expect a $69 room to look. My husband and I returned to the front desk and asked if there were any other rooms available and we were promptly and politely given another room in the East Texas Villa. This room was very large, had two queen beds, and seemed more clean and updated, so we were happy at that point. The beds were firm but very comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, the amenities in the bathroom were upscale, and the coffee was delicious. The breakfast offered a nice variety including oatmeal, fruits, juices, and breakfast tacos. By design, our stay was extremely short so we didn't roam around the property at all. We checked in late on a Sunday afternoon and departed at 7:30 a.m. the following morning for downtown Austin. We were told due to the traffic, we should allow an hour and a half for the drive. However, we ended up making it in about 45 minutes (it was less than 20 miles) on this Monday morning. The negatives for this property include: The water level in Lake Travis is currently very low; the bathroom in our room in the East Texas Villa had no counter-top space (unsure if all the rooms are the same) and the property overall could use a facelift. That said, the concept is awesome. Did I mention that each villa had its own common area with lots of seating? I recommend going to their web-site to view it: http://www.vintagevillas.com/. Just expect it to be a little more worn than what you see online. The front desk staff and the restaurant staff at breakfast could not have been any more hospitable. Lastly, I do not recommend staying here if your business is downtown Austin due to the traffic. We only stayed this far out because almost every other place closer in was sold out for the night we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony facing Lake Travis
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi pickygirl09,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very detailed evaluation of our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments.

GM@VintageVillas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Freedom, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I recently hosted my 'destination wedding' at Vintage Villas and I wish there were words in the english language that could really describe fully how absolutely amazing it was. I traveled from Key West, FL to have my wedding here, all based on the photos from their website and when I arrived, it was better than the beautiful photos even represented. The property is situated on a hill in the 'hill country' of Austin, TX overlooking Lake Travis and it was a breathtaking view. When I arrived to check in, the front desk clerk greeted me as if she had known me for years, and immediately congratulated me on my upcoming wedding. I felt so welcome and so important.... like they had planned their entire day around my arrival in order to make me feel like we were the only ones there. It was a great way to start off the stay. We then proceeded to our room and the stay only got better. We were upgraded to the Austin Room, King Suite in the Central Texas Villa and it was gorgeous. The entrance was so spacious, had a kitchenette with a small sink, mini fridge, microwave, dining table for 6 and a large spacious living room area with 2 sofas and doors out to a patio. Then there is the bedroom and bathroom.... the bedroom was laid out perfectly with large armoir closets(perfect to hang my dress) king size bed, 2 bedside tables, another armoir with the TV, Large bathroom with jacuzzi tub, separate shower, 2 sinks and a large mirror and plenty of counter space. There was also another set of doors to head out to the patio off of the bedroom, and the view was amazing. The room was super clean the bed was very comfortable and held a nice temperature. I felt like I was at home. The Suite was also a perfect place to get hair and make up done... plenty of space and great natural light coming in from the patio doors.

Being that I was a DIY bride, I shipped quite a few boxes to the hotel to have available upon my arrival. The boxes were already in my room when we arrived waiting for me without even having to ask for them. The only shipment I had to ask about was my shipment of flowers and the staff took it upon themselves to hold that shipment in the walkin cooler to preserve the flowers until I was ready for them. They delivered them promptly to my room the next day for us to prep the arrangements and such and it was perfect.

The wedding venue(I used the Gazebo and Event Center) was better than any other wedding venue I've ever seen. beautiful garden like setting, clean, immaculately groomed and landscaped and set up perfectly. They have a "getting ready" room for both the bride and groom in the event center and it was such a convenience space for waiting and for taking photos. The reception set up was perfect, the food was delicious, the drinks were delicious, and the service was incredible. I couldn't have dreamed of a better place to host my special day.

Our wedding was better than perfect and I wish I could rewind and do it all again. I would highly recommend Vintage Villas to anyone looking for a beautiful, quaint, hill country stay. The price is reasonable and the staff are over the top. I cannot thank them enough for the flawless success of my wedding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi ljoyp1213,

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. I appreciate you choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and sharing your comments.

Congratulations and best wishes for a long and successful future together,

The Colony, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I found out about this hotel from a Groupon. A year after purchasing the Groupon, my wife and I decided to use it to just "Get Away" for a few days. First off, we had never seen the Texas hill country and as we were approaching the hotel we found the view breath-taking; wonderful terrain! When we arrived at the hotel, we found that it was situated to take full effect of the view. The folks working the hotel were all extremely nice and accommodating. We stayed in the Waco room and found that is was very spacious, especially the bathroom, which had a huge Jacuzzi tub as well as a separate shower and two sinks. The décor was very nice in the room. We got to peak in some other rooms and found that each has very different lay outs -all of them very nice and kind of rustic. I hardily recommend this place to anyone! They specialize in weddings and it looked like their accommodations for services, receptions, and meals were very impressive to us, as well as their garden like landscaping. If you want a cool place to have a wedding, this place looks like a winner.

Room Tip: In peaking in the rooms, the Austin room looked very rustic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Joel S.,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, purchasing a Groupon and taking your valuable time to write a review. Your comments about your accommodations and service are very much appreciated. We look forward to your return.

Best wishes,

dickinson, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a most relaxing space, this time my group had balcony rooms, beautiful views, - we used the indoor and outdoor space for playing cards, etc. -personalized service is a given here.

Parking is very convenient, Wi-Fi very reliable, balcony spaces are intimate and clean with generous space, includes table w/chairs.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi lanco50,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review and for your return visit. I really appreciate you staying with us at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, sharing your comments about our hotel and giving us your endorsement.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights, and it was a good stay. We stayed in the main building, kind of old stairway, but the rooms were spacious, it was from end to end, even our bathroom was big. I enjoyed the balcony, we had the view of Lake Travis. We were on the third floor. It was quiet, and very private. Convenient to groceries, and restaurants. The staff was very helpful. We had good breakfast. The complex was nice. Plan to go back.

Room Tip: Third floor is good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi pasyalannatin,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events and for your 5 star review. I truly appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved the charm and size of our room. Yes it needs a bit of updating, but it is squeaky clean. Beautiful views and a great breakfast. We will be back, and without a Groupon if need be. Loved exploring Bee Caves and Lakeway.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Sassygirl0530,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas Hotel & Events, purchasing a Groupon and for your evaluation. I appreciate your comments about our accommodations.

Look for another Groupon offer coming soon.

Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

There is nothing special about VV. OK, they do a lot of weddings. A lot.

The rooms are worn and need a redecorate. The setting, located 40 miles from Austin is fine but again, with new construction nearby its a property that has attempted to capture the wedding market with the destination in mind and it falls short. There are no attractions and you are out in Texas countryside.

So it would make sense if they threw amazing weddings.

But The timing felt almost computerized and the food was mediocre, the wine and drinks were bottom of the rail. The disc jockey played oldies for us oldies...who left early to sleep.

But the after party, thrown in our building three was horrible. The place is cheaply made so every whoop and hola ad sounded as it it were in our room. An after party at a wedding is great, but to have it in the building with aunts, out--of-towers and tired old folk was POOR planning.

The wedding planner or the VV itself should have said to the bride and groom, put your relatives over 30 in one building, the party people in another. They have that capacity.

I'd not recommend this outfit for a wedding, or to even stay here. It's cheap, overly organized when it shouldn't be, and mismanaged when it should.

Room Tip: Ask where the wedding after party is and then avoid it if you must stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!