“TERRIBLE SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hoboken Pie

Hoboken Pie
718 Red River, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
+1 512-477-4256
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #619 of 3,158 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Jersey inspired and locally owned Hoboken Pie serves hand-tossed thin crust pizza to Austin's hungry (and often slightly tipsy) masses.
Austin, Texas
“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Terrible service! I have never actually written a bad review for a restaurant, but Hoboken Pie treated our group like dirt despite us being polite and patient. Our group of four people decided to go have pizza there at around 6pm before we went to a concert. We waited over an hour for our food, but we could see they were busy with take-out orders, so we didn't get upset...After 30 minutes a girl from our group decided to go ask a employee to see how much longer it might be. She was not rude when asking, and the guy snapped back at her "I guess you didn't notice but we are really busy"...SO RUDE! it was another 30 minutes before we got our food and to make matters worse, the food was not fully cooked. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone due to the rude servers and not so great food.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Clean out the oven!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I'll cut to the chase. I'm from NJ, I've had pizza in Hoboken, and this pizza isn't bad. The sauce and cheese taste good, and the crust is close, but every time I've eaten there (only twice) the bottom of the pie was covered in black soot.

In NJ, the guys sweep the oven out regularly so that doesn't happen. They should import that practice. Take away the black soot and these pies go from a 3 to a 4.

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My wife was sick one night and we didn't feel like going out so i picked up a pie from Hoboken Pie. Being from the NYC area originally, I have a very high standard. This pie did well. It was a good pie that really hit the spot.

It wasn't as good as Ben's on Spring St. in Soho, NYC, but i was kind of expecting that. For being outside the Northeast, Hoboken pie can hold its own.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Edible pizza in Downtown Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Lots of people eat really bad pizza in downtown Austin every night, just a few blocks away the carts await. This place is really good though; played a gig next door (Bull McCabe's), packed up the gear and grabbed a few slices for the road.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield
“Great NJ Style Pizza in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

I have eaten at Hoboken Pie a few times so far. I live in CA, and was staying at the Sheraton downtown. The guy at the front desk highly recommended Hoboken Pie for great pizza. I'm in NJ periodically, so I have eaten plenty of NJ style pizza. The pizza at Hoboken Pie is sooooo much better than anything I have eaten in NJ. Very thin, crispy crust, not too much cheese, and the flavor of the sauce is perfect!! I recommend the Hawaiian and Margherita pizzas too!!! If you like thick crust, greasy pizza, go somewhere else. I'll eat your share the next time I'm in Austin!