Got stuck in Austin recently due to weather in Dallas cancelling my connecting flights back home. Found this place and had some points to use so I decided to stay; it was comfortable and well equipped (with free laundry which was awesome) but suuuuper way out of the way, albeit with a shuttle to and from the airport. I was going stir crazy and wanted to get out, but the only restaurants were either in a Texaco station up the road (which, honestly, wasn't that bad, family run mexican place), or across a super busy highway that I wasn't about to walk across. I asked the girl at the desk how to get into town and she recommended I take a $30 each way (!) trip via taxi. I said nuts to that and figured out that there was a bus stop nearby that brought me to sixth street for $1. Would have been nice if she had advised me of that, but what are you gonna do.
Breakfast was good with hilarious texas-shaped waffles. Really good service from Alejandra at the front desk, by the way.
I wasn't thrilled to be stuck in Austin for an extra day but if this was where I was gonna be stuck, eh, that's fine.
One thing that was annoying that i totally forgot to tell them about was that I wasn't ever once able to call to the front desk; I think their phone system there might be messed up.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Austin Airport Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Austin Airport Hotel Austin
- Staybridge Suites Austin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a Convenient Locale and Excellent Service at Extended Stay Hotel Austin travelers looking for an extended stay or a corporate apartment in an ideal location need look no further than the pet friendly Staybridge Suites - Austin Airport. Our hotel is close to Austin Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) (2.2 miles away), and we're just four miles from downtown Austin. With hotel reservations in place, you can explore the attractions of the 'Live Music Capital of the World,' such as 6th Street and the upscale Warehouse District. Take in a game at the University of Texas at Austin, learn more about Texas at the Bob Bullock Texas State Museum and relax at Zilker Park near downtown Austin. Lodging in our hotel gives business travelers easy access to top Austin companies such as PPD, Tokyo Electron, Progressive Insurance, ERCOT, BAE Systems. The Texas State Capital and the Austin Convention Center are just a short drive away. Our hotel has 678 sq ft of on-site meeting facilities and a 24-hour business center. During your stay in Austin, Texas, our hotel offers you the comforts of home with a complimentary breakfast, Sundowner receptions, BridgeMart, 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool. Our suites feature free high-speed Internet access, 32 inch flat screen TVs, DVD players, fully equipped kitchens, workspaces and comfortable bedding. Call today to make your Staybridge Suites - Austin Airport hotel reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Austin Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.