“How come is this highly rated ?” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #42 of 190 Hotels in Austin
“How come is this highly rated ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Hi all
Me& my wife are common guests on stay bridge suites around Austin area,usually we used to stay at reasearch blvd area, this time for a change we came here,well in one sentence I'm trapped, we have to be here at till may 3 rd& can't shift now, the reason for all of this z for last 5 days I have old towel sets at my room,housekeeping never came for last 2 days! Guys this z the worst house keeping service I ever found in us& worst of stay bridges.we even formallY complained abt this matter at front desk,no actions came yet,rest of facilities are good though, breakfast is delicious,rooms look good but service fades away all those good things, never coming back here again but will visit stay bridge suites at other area like at research blvd

• Stayed May 2011
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Sexyteddy007,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are pleased to read you like the room accommodations as well as the breakfast options. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Being in the hospitality business for the past 5 yr .. You come to know what to expect when going away from home... You tend to inspect and compare your hotel to the hotel your staying at . And as a previous assistant housekeeping manager and a previous kitchen manager for a Staybridge Inn & Suite and a front office manager for a Fairfield Inn & Suite in San Antonio, believe me I compared !!! When checking in (very late ) the front desk associate was very courteous and polite which I would of expected but what really impressed me the most was the clearness of the rooms... Going though all the drawer, looking under the beds , inspecting all the floors and appliances I was very pleases because I couldn't find one thing wrong... A+ in the morning when my kids woke me up bragging of the outstanding breakfast they were able to eat... I was disappointed that I wasn't able to see what this hotel had to offerfor there complimentary breakfast or to see if it compared to my breakfast at Staybridge , so i thought ... Lol. After rushing out of my bed in my PJ's and racing to catch the end of breakfast I was plesanly pleased to had the pleasure to meet Penny the kitchen attendant and to speak to the assistant general manager Mary Wetherills whom took it upon herself to to insure I didn't miss out on breakfast .... MANY THANK YOUs TO YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE STAFF!!!! I will defiantly continue to recommend this hotel to anyone who has an ear and is visiting Austin because of their Hospitality .... Overall Ending Grade A+ 10 times over

• Stayed March 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 3 friends during SXSW 2012.
The hotel was very nice and clean, with a good gym and laundry facilities. Breakfast was ok, but not fantastic.
Traveling to Downtown Austin will take about 15 minutes by car, very quick. But there is no public transport to be had or regular shuttle service. Taxies will cost around $20.
Travel to the airport is very fast as well, only 10-15 minutes, and the hotel has a complementry airport shuttle which will pick you up and drop you off.
Hotel staff are very friendly, helpful and man the service desk 24 hours.

Room Tip: A room on the ground floor is good. There are no views and only one elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

During a 7-day stay I had positive interactions with nearly every member of the hotel staff, made my time working away from home really pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The rooms are nice, spacious, and all that you would expect from this hotel
The floors in my room needed vacuuming and customer service has something to be desired.
If you want to be close to the airport, this is. If you want to be close to restaurants, shopping or downtown or basically close to anything this location is not your place. If you are traveling through the airport and happen to stay here, the van will pick you up & take you back, however, don't count on them taking you to eat. I was told airport only! You will have to get a taxi or rental car to go get food. There are plenty of other hotels that will provide better service in this area.
On the positive side, I understand this hotel is fairly new built in 2008 according to a staffer. The also have free snacks & drinks later in the evening served in the lounge area if you get too hungry and don't want to spend $40 on a cab round trip to find restaurants. That's what it cost me.

• Stayed January 2012
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This facility was an average Staybridge Suites. The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet suites, but nothing to write home about. There was some obvious wear and tear; walls had marks, furniture was nicked, etc. The breakfast was good and had waffles, eggs, a different meat each day as well as assorted breads, muffins, yogurt, oatmeal with toppings and fresh fruits. It offered a nice variety of options. There was minimal airport noise and we were on the top floor. It was an easy drive into downtown Austin, about 8-10 minutes.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was not sure what to expect here because I had this hotel booked for me, and I almost exclusively stay at a Marriott property when traveling. Having said that, I was REALLY surprised with what I walked into here when I opened the door to my room.

HUGE...that is the best way to describe it. Very much like what you would expect at a Homewood Suites (Hilton). The furnishings were very warm and welcoming (not like the military-issue stuff that you get at Residence Inn, and the kitchen looked more like a small apartment kitchen than a hotel kitchen.

The bed...OMG...the BED! I_DO_NOT normally sleep well in hotels. This one...best sleep ever, without question. I really can't say that enough. In fact, let me say it again...BEST_SLEEP_EVER in a hotel.

As far as the surrounding area, make darn sure you have a car. There really isn't any place close to get the things you might want without a car (unless you don't mind playing "Frogger" while crossing the highway.) The "BridgeMart" is lacking in some things I might want to have on hand, but all in all, it isn't bad.

Breakfast...not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it is food, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

If you need a place to stay near the airport, I would highly recommend this property to you.

Room Tip: The ONLY thing I would say is that if you do not need an accessible room, make sure you don't ge...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Austin Airport

Been to Staybridge Suites Austin Airport? Share your experiences!