“Best value of our vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 - 183 Airport

You added Super 8 - 183 Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 - 183 Airport
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5606 East 51st Street, East 51 Street & Highway 183, Austin, TX 78723   |
Ranked #31 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Covington, LA
“Best value of our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I chose this motel based on reviews that I read here on Trip Advisor. I can honestly say that I was not disappointed. This was a wonderful value - much more plush than some of the more expensive places that we stayed during our Texas vacation. It was very clean and welcoming. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would not hesitate to stay here again. My teenagers nicknamed it the "castle on the hill".

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Booked this hotel on Hotel.com so was unsure of what it would be like. Upon arrival, I was very happy with the choice. The front desk was very helpful and catered to all of our needs. The room was the best I have stayed in in a long time. Large comfortable beds and big flat screen TV in the room. If you dont have to be in walking distance to the downtown area this is the place to stay! Trust me when I say this, you will think you are in tha Hilton when you get in your room!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

There were 4 adults, 1 teen, and 1 seven year old in our group.

This was a very clean and comfortable environment. The room we stayed in had two beds and a fold out couch. Plus a desk with high speed internet access.

Breakfast was excellent, had lots of variety, and was available from 6am-10am and on. Didn't make the evening dessert bar but am sure it was as good (or better - being dessert).

There are flat screen TV's EVERYWHERE!! The decor is very clean and warm. The Lobby has a very comfortable sitting area. The room was more than adaquate.

It is NO SMOKING (and I love that)! There are no pets allowed so don't bring them.

It is not in the HEART of Austin but not far from it. I took the pictures attached (after the stay was already underway so they reflect us "Living in the room for three days").

I loved it and hope that the owners and operators continue what they are doing!! Amazing Job!

I will recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Austin,Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We came in expecting your typical Motel 8, the kind you see on your way down the highway. This hotel puts the super in the Super 8. Superior breakfast selection with waffels in the shape of Texas, to the televisions in the elevator. Not to mention the amazing "pillow menu". Blockbuster movies play every night on a special movie channel, and a dessert buffet in the evenings in front of a fireplace in the lobby. It feels like I just joined a resort for the week. Great value and ammenities for your money!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed here based on the reviews and even with high expectations we were impressed. The Patel family are gracious hosts and the hotel is immaculate. The beds are the most comfortable that we have ever found in a hotel. We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning and the desserts and coffee in the evening was a nice touch. Several computers in the lobby were free to use. Overall this hotel is one of the nicest we have found anywhere.

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Went into this thinking to just get a clean room, at a reasonable rate. What we found was absolutely unbelievable. I've stayed in 5 star hotels that didn't have as many amenities! Mr. Patel and his family have literally thought of everything, and I do mean, EVERYTHING! Right down to a bathroom scale, plush robes, ceiling fan in the delightfully appointed room, etc. You will love this princely palace at a price barely higher than a Motel 6! I also cannot say enough about the staff and their attention to detail. They even give you a choice of about 1 dozen styles of premium pillows to make sure you have a comforable night! the bed was heaven,and even the regular pillows on the bed were awesome! When we go to Austiin, its this hotel for us! That's for SURE!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I had read all the reviews, but I was still amazed! We had stayed at The Mansion at Judge's Hill during our last trip to Austin, and this was a MUCH more pleasant experience!

First of all, everthing is exceptionally clean. REALLY clean. And not a hint of smoke smell anywhere! The mattress is very comfortable, and it is piled with fantastic pillows--they even offer you a choice of types of pillows. Add to that a lightweight, comforter-style blanket between crisp, cotton sheets, plenty of fluffy,pristine white towels, and a terry robe.

The lighting is excellent (the lamps have outlets-no crawling around on the floor, trying to find a plug), the Vizio television is great, there's a great blackout curtain option that actually overlaps in the middle and has panels at the sides to really seal out the morning light, and a seat in the tub/shower .

Additionally, free internet service, a guest laundry, nice pool area, huge green area for kids to run around in, iron and ironing board in the room, hairdryer, and refrigerator - and this was the smallest room! The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, and dessert was available in the evenings.

As for the few complaints I've read - is it reasonable to complain about a toilet that clogged after your family had occupied the room for a day and was fixed in a timely manner? I'm an interior designer and 5'2", and, no, the sink is not too high -- that's where we put sinks now unless it's a dedicated kids' bathroom - it's better for your back. It took my partner and I five minutes and about two turns to get to the law school, so maybe the person who said it took 20 minutes was traveling during rush hour or failed to take the shortest route.

This is not the place for someone who wants to walk to 6th Street or a UT athletic event, but I loved being away from the hustle and bustle. We were on the third pool, right above the pool, so we could hear kids during the day; it didn't bother us, but if you demand total quiet, ask for a room with a different orientation.

I'm a Four Seasons kind of gal, but I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Austin after experiencing this affordable, lovely, well-managed hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 - 183 Airport? Share your experiences!