“Wow, the nicest Super 8 ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 - 183 Airport

You added Super 8 - 183 Airport to your Saves list
Super 8 - 183 Airport
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5606 East 51st Street, East 51 Street & Highway 183, Austin, TX 78723   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wow, the nicest Super 8 ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wow, I can't believe this is a Super 8! I'm used to a more bare-bones experience at Super 8s, but not here. From the second I drove in the parking lot I knew it was a different level of Super 8 than most others. The landscaping and exterior appearance was top notch.

The gentleman at the front desk was great and the lobby was as nice as hotels costing twice this much. My room was outstanding; whisper quiet, and I mean whisper quiet. NO sounds from adjacent rooms or the hallway! Those who may have read my other reviews know that my absolute top complaint about hotels is the constant door-slamming noise from the hallway. There was literally not a sound once I got inside my room. Being on the bed was like floating and there were great pillows and a laptop tray like those found in Hampton Inns and other much higher priced hotels. The bathroom was super high-end with a furniture-like vanity with a granite top, and the other materials were great. The towels were thicker than ours at home are and there was even a scale! I've never seen a scale in a hotel before. One slight maintenance issue with my room (308) was that the shower head was a bit loose and that caused most of the water to drop straight down instead of shooting out of the nozzle. I held it tight and then it worked, but other than that (and, I could have / should have mentioned it) it was a great bathroom. The huge flatscreen TV had every channel I would ever want and the reception and picture and remote all were great. The wireless internet was super fast and flawless. There was a great looking little swimming pool in the back but I didn't use it.

The breakfast was also outstanding, with a hot "main course" like eggs or biscuits and gravy, waffles, packets of oatmeal and grits, GREAT Starbucks, fresh-ground coffee! What other hotel has a machine that grinds fresh beans for every cup?! I can't even think of another time that I've seen such a thing in a hotel. One thing I wish they would have had would be hard boiled eggs, I much prefer those to egg patties or something else that I don't know what the ingredients are. And, maybe plain packets of oatmeal instead of all flavored (i.e., sugared) oatmeal. But, if that's my only minor glitch with this super breakfast that's barely even worth mentioning.

I couldn't possibly recommend this hotel any higher than I do. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to Donald Trump. Super 8, you've outdone yourself here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my family, and we all thought this hotel is superb! Located right off Highway 183, it is easy and convenient to travel to other Austin area hot spots just a few miles down the road. I love that there is a welcome gift for guests in the room. There is also a robe hanging up in the closet! I love robes. The beds are very comfortable, and the hotel itself is extremely clean. The breakfast is from 6am - 9am. It has a variety of foods: waffles, sausage biscuits, bacon, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice. The pool area is perfect for families with young children. My girls are 5 and 2 years old, and they had a blast in the kiddie section of the pool. I will certainly stay here every time I visit Austin, and recommend all my friends and family to stay here, too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I know most people think of Super 8 as an economy hotel and not a luxury but this one breaks the mold. I work for a Holiday Inn that charges WAY more than this place but has half the features...sorry but it does. I was delighted with the pricing especially for a weekend and there were several events going on. I was delighted to find a hotel robe and a free snack basket in my room. It was very clean and quiet. I woke up surprisingly refreshed! I will DEFINITELY direct friends and family this way if they come to Austin. It is a short drive to the center of downtown and all the staff were friendly with a pleasant attitude. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Room Tip: 203 is special if you like to use the stairs instead of being lazy and using elevator. It is right a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Austin TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Drove by and needed a place to stay! Leery of Super 8 economy type hotels but due to local activities most hotels were sold out. I HAVE NEVER seen a Super 8 like this. Starbucks coffee maker, 16 different special pillows, the BEST beds with excellent sheets. They have DVD players in all rooms and have DVDs for guests to use as well as a bookcase of books. The WIFI was secure and FAST perfect for the business traveler. They have a business center as well. Everything was spotlessly clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and we even decided to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite with a temper pedic style bed. I WOULD Definitely return and recommend this location 100%. We stay all over the U.S. on business year round. This place makes a HAMPTON look like garbage in comparison.

Room Tip: No restaurant or room service.. Jack in the Box and Wendy's are walking distance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Though the hotel is clean, there is a lack of urgency on the staff. Room was left open after maid service. Luck I did not lost computer and photography gear.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Breakfast menue could be enhanced. I do not like my gravey pumped out of a container....very watery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 - 183 Airport? Share your experiences!